05-09 Exterior Modifications Making Your '05 Stand Out from the Crowd

anyone get their chin spoiler clear bra'ed?

Search this Thread

Old 6/17/08, 08:03 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
anyone get their chin spoiler clear bra'ed?

i just ordered my CDC classic chinspoiler off atlantamustang.com pre-painted black. id really like to get a 3M clear bra installed on it when it comes in the mail and i was wondering if anyone else went this route. i went to a local shop and they quoted me "itll prob be around $250"............250 for a 3 inch high piece of plastic?!?!?!? to me thats insanity. id rather not get it bra'ed and when it gets blasted by dirt and dust and starts to look like cr@p, id just get it repainted.
Old 6/17/08, 09:48 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by slipnotovk
i just ordered my CDC classic chinspoiler off atlantamustang.com pre-painted black. id really like to get a 3M clear bra installed on it when it comes in the mail and i was wondering if anyone else went this route. i went to a local shop and they quoted me "itll prob be around $250"............250 for a 3 inch high piece of plastic?!?!?!? to me thats insanity. id rather not get it bra'ed and when it gets blasted by dirt and dust and starts to look like cr@p, id just get it repainted.
Hey bud, I'm guessing you saw my reply in your other post? I got mine done for $150! This is much cheaper than a repaint each year. Plus, I plan on changing out the bumper anyhow for the CS front clip soon. Your best bet, would be to look on 3M's website. Click on paint protection film, and then when you go to that part of 3M's site, there is a link for dealers/installers. Scope out your area and I'm sure you'll find a place who will do it for you cheaper than $250.
Old 6/18/08, 12:58 PM
Mach 1 Member

yep i saw your reply and asked how much you paid for it but got no response. seeing as how it wasnt a "hot topic" i thought id throw the question out there for all TMS members. thanks for the info, really appreciate it. yea when he told me $250 i thought that was a bit much for just the chin spoiler.
Old 6/18/08, 01:24 PM
Retired Tms Staff

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
That stuff works great but a price of $250.00 is a bit much for what you need. Just an FYI for you though. After a while the marks, chips, scratches etc will make the piece look dull. I put the stuff on my headlights and foglights. It was on there for about 2 1/2 years. The lights looked faded. I just pulled the stuff off last weekend and the lights look brand new. I am going to cut another set and put them on next week.
Old 6/19/08, 01:11 PM
Mach 1 Member

i just got a quote from one of the installers from 3M's official website. he said off the top of his head prob like 125-150. a huuuuuge difference from 250. ill prob have him do it for the 150 (or 125 whichever he prefers ahahah) after i get it in the mail. surprisingly he said it would be easier for him to do with it already installed on the car. he said he has to put so much pressure on the squeegie to get all the windex, or whatever he uses, out that it would be easier to do while it was on the car rather than sitting in front of him on say, a work bench. works for me because i know im not going to be able to wait a second when i get it in the mail......INSTANT INSTALLATION!

thanks for all the help guys. o and adrenalin, i know its not a permanent fix from scratches and marks and such but it will def prolong the life of the chin spoiler. thanks for the heads up