05-09 Exterior Modifications Making Your '05 Stand Out from the Crowd

Anyone get a bumper from NewTakeoff.com?

Search this Thread

Old 6/5/11, 07:32 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 127 Likes on 100 Posts
Anyone get a bumper from NewTakeoff.com?

Anyone ever order a bumper from NewTakeoff.com? How was it packaged? Any bumps/scratches?

I'm looking to get a new front bumper in Tungsten before I get stripes painted on my car this summer. Why bother having them painted on a bumper that's got so many stone chips and dings that looks more like the surface of the moon than a car part? NewTakeoff has the GT front bumper in Tungsten, but they also have disclaimers about the shape it will show up in.
Old 6/5/11, 09:28 AM
legacy Tms Member

Received 66 Likes on 31 Posts
I bought front/rear/seats/mufflers as spares, just because they were cheap...a week(!) later I did some unintended off roading and had to use the front bumper(dont turn tcs off in the rain).

anyway, the rear bumper sides are folded in the way its boxed, had to prop it up for a couple weeks to straighten it out- its stored away that way now, paint was perfect. front was in a big box/not bent, not scratched, but there are 2 little 'rub' marks just below the vertical part inside the headlights- looks like it was stored 'nested' for a while. I rubbed it out a little, dont really show unless you are looking for it.

replacement seat covers/mufflers were even further discounted- at the time buying more at once theyd cut some deals...seat covers are perfect(cloth/no airbags), mufflers are mufflers- but think they were 40 a pair in stainless? I paid 125 for ONE years back for another car I put stainless exhaust on...couldnt pass them up.

at the time I ordered, (diversified marketing-livonia michigan) they said I could drive up and pick parts out/save shipping, wish I would have drove up and bought more stuff, just didnt have the time. heck a few years ago saleen was selling wheels/tires for 299 a set, i was a fool for not picking up some, the rubber costs more than that alone...they had take out trannys for 599 too...DOH!

Last edited by ford4v429; 6/5/11 at 09:29 AM.
Old 6/5/11, 09:40 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I ordered a tungsten front bumper from newtakeoff about 2 years ago. it came is great condition. There were only a few spots where the bumper is pointy near the wheel well where the paint had rubbed off due to shipping. Not in a noticable spot at all. A few drops of touch up paint and they can't be seen. Paint scheme was the right color match but the metal flake was slightly different than the rest of the car. Barely noticable (I'd all it a 99% match). I had a GT/CS rear bumper painted at the same time and that paint didn't match near as good as the one from newtakeoff (I'd call that one a 95% match).

I think I read it somewhere that you should expect a couple hundres miles worth of wear on their parts (since they were probably on the car for a month before they got their hands on them). So I guess it's possible that there might be a stone nick or somehting like that.. but no worse than your car looked after it's first few hundred miles.
Old 6/5/11, 08:17 PM
Legacy TMS Member

How much was shipping and how long did it take to arrive?
Old 6/6/11, 05:11 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
I live in Indiana in the Indianapolis area. They are about a 2 hour drive north from me and the shipping I was quoted for a Tungsten front bumper cover (ironic HUH??) was around $120. I am going to be driving up there in the next few weeks once I get my check from State Farm.
Old 6/6/11, 05:32 PM
Bullitt Member

My records show that I paid $199 for the bumper plus $120 for shipping. As for how long it took, I don't have a good record for that since there was an issue with the order that slowed things up a bit. But even with that it was less than 2 weeks.

The issue was that I ordered a hood too which it turns out they didn't have in my color so they called me to ask what I wanted to do and held the order until I called them back. (customer sevice was great btw.. even to the point that they offered to send me a white hood and offered to ship it significantly cheaper if I had it shipped directly to a body shop). Even with that hold, I had the bumper at most 13 days after I placed the original order based on some e-mails I have. So it should be shorter for a clean order.

Also, be sure to keep the brackets that hold your directional signals to the bumpber since the bumper from newtakeoff won't include those. The brackets are riveted onto your old bumper.
Old 6/6/11, 06:34 PM
Legacy TMS Member

OK, I pulled the trigger on the front bumper. I've already got a GT500 rear bumper in my living room. We'll see how this turns out. I'm going to do the bumper swap myself, so I'll be sure to grab the brackets from the old bumper. How careful do I need to be with the brackets? Do they break easy?

Not quite sure what I'm going to do with the old F/R bumpers now.

Just a CS-6 hood and washer nozzle relocation kit and the car's ready for my 60k mile upgrade
Old 6/6/11, 07:05 PM
Bullitt Member

Bumper swap is a lot easier than you'd think. There's a step-by-step or a pdf exploded view on here somewhere that tells you how to get the bumper off. It's just a bunch of screws and bolts.. nothing tricky. The brackets come out pretty easy with no risk of breaking them. You have to twist and break the rivets off that hold them on though. Then you don't necessarily need to rivet them onto your new bumper. When you take the bumper off you'll see that some of the bumper mounting screws hold the bracket in place too. The rivets just allow you to attach the brackets to the bumper off the car instead of while you're installing the bumper on the car (this will make more sense after you get the bumper off).

I'm jealous of your CS6 hood. That's the exact hood I wanted. When I had my 2008 accident (not my fault) the body shop said they could repair the hood so I wasn't afforded the free chance of putting the CS6 hood on at no cost to me. But during the repair they realized they couldn't fix the hood and got approval for a new one through my insurance without me knowing. Dang.. missed my chance. Stock hood and CS6 hood cost the same too.
Old 6/8/11, 04:50 PM
Team Mustang Source

Just another tid-bit.. We ordered a GT front bumper and we paid $12 shipping. Normally, shipping from them to us would have been $200, (we are in Arizona) but since we already had a pallet coming from them with the 8.8 they only charged us $12.

It took 1 week to get here. the Bumper was packaged in a plastic bag and that was in a box. The box was saran wrapped (best way to describe it) to the pallet so it wouldn't fall off.

btw.. When we got our bumper (a month or so ago) they had both good bumpers and some that did need repainting in tungsten (what we ordered).

~Mark
Old 6/9/11, 06:52 PM
Legacy TMS Member

****! It came quick! Waiting on my doorstep was a box that was nearly bigger than me this afternoon. The bumper is in almost totally pristine condition. The only flaw I can find is the very peak of the front of the bumper. The bubble wrap popped and it rubbed through. It's not really noticeable at all. $350 after shipping for a basically brand new bumper? That'll work