05-09 Exterior Modifications Making Your '05 Stand Out from the Crowd

Any pics of SSE rear valance lip on V6?

Search this Thread

Old 7/19/07, 08:12 AM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Any pics of SSE rear valance lip on V6?

I tried doing a search, but was having a hard time finding exactly what I was looking for. I am trying to find pictures of the Street Scene rear valance on a V6. Also, does anyone know if it lines up okay with the stock side rocker panels? Any known issues with quality?

Im torn between the GT500, GT/CS rear bumper and this valance. This would be the cheaper option since Ford jacked the prices of the covers.

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Old 7/19/07, 08:56 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by LimeZoSo
I tried doing a search, but was having a hard time finding exactly what I was looking for. I am trying to find pictures of the Street Scene rear valance on a V6. Also, does anyone know if it lines up okay with the stock side rocker panels? Any known issues with quality?

Im torn between the GT500, GT/CS rear bumper and this valance. This would be the cheaper option since Ford jacked the prices of the covers.

I don't remember if I saved my old pictures of when I had mine, not that it matters anyway since my main computer is down with a fried motherboard.

Anyway, yeah I had the SS v6 rear valance on mine. Maybe my bodyshop just sucked, but they had issues getting it to fit flush around the back, just aboce the exhaust outlets. I took it off because I couldn't deal with the gaps.

Another thing also, white is too light of a color for the SS rear valance IMO. Maybe with stripes it would be ok, but the all white stood out like a sore thumb everytime I saw those fins hanging down. It totally killed the retro look in my eyes.

The best advice I can give you it to get the gt/cs rear bumper. Thats the one I will get down the road. Its not a top priority for me right now, because the v6 bumper does look really good with duals sticking out, but it does bother me a little looking at my car straight from the side and seeing the rear bumper line higher than the rest of the car. I don't think its really obvious to most people though......

Old 7/20/07, 08:02 AM
GT Member

Looks nice! I see that when you cut out the hole for the left exhaust that it was done with great care and skill. When I had mine done, I just let the shop that installed the exhaust do it. And that was my First mistake.

I see what you mean about the bumper line not being even with the rest. I may not have noticed it if you didn't say anything. LOL.

Any way, thanks for the feedback on the SS valance. I don't think I'll get it. I'll just keep saving for the bumper I really want.
Old 7/20/07, 01:14 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by LimeZoSo

Street Scene quality is good I had their center exhaust lip on my V6

The regular SS rear lip

http://forums.bradbarnett.net/attach...1&d=1184958825

Here is another route to go the 3d Carbon Creations Mustang Rear

http://forums.bradbarnett.net/attach...1&d=1184958652
Attached Thumbnails Any pics of SSE rear valance lip on V6?-final-rear.jpg  
Attached Images