Aluminum Louvers for cheap

Search this Thread

Old 4/14/07, 05:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ordered mine just now...sweet!
Old 4/15/07, 07:59 AM
V6 Member

Ordered mine! Thank you for the heads-up. Awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 4/15/07, 08:55 AM
Bullitt Member

Glad to see they keep stocking them back up. I wonder how they can afford to sell them this cheap.

Another quick tip:
When you use the silicone get some painters tape and place it about an 1/8 of an inch away from the bracket on your window. Thhis will give you a nice professional looking straight line of silicone. I place 3 coats of silicone before I did this and it looks a whole lot cleaner.
Old 4/15/07, 04:38 PM

Just ordered! They won't ship until the 25th to 27th though! For the money with free shipping I can wait!
Old 4/16/07, 06:09 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 788 Likes on 574 Posts
One of my upper corner tabs came off the window. I was very carefull when I preped it for the double sided tape but it came up any way. Any way I redid it and its holding fine for now. May have been a void in my caulk job.... maybe
Old 4/18/07, 07:15 AM

Just checked my order status on Amazon and they shipped two days ago and will be delivered this afternoon! Will post pics this weekend!
Old 4/18/07, 06:36 PM

Originally Posted by Glenn
One of my upper corner tabs came off the window. I was very carefull when I preped it for the double sided tape but it came up any way. Any way I redid it and its holding fine for now. May have been a void in my caulk job.... maybe
I've heard a similar issue from another guy. Did you silicone the bracket too? any tips to ensure they dont fall off?

Oh and got mine yesterday. Ordered Sunday, recieved Tuesday afternoon w/free shipping, amazing!
Old 4/19/07, 05:54 AM
Legacy TMS Member

I was very carefull .... i thought. Washed the window with windex then used a alcohol swab or two and cleaned the spots where I placed the tabs. Made sure it was dry. I don't think the louver is curved exactly like the window. Before you mount the brackets to the window set the louver on the window and see how well it follows the curvature of the window.
Also I thought I sealed it with silicone pretty good also. Last note,,, Not only tape the window but tape the areas on car where your mounting the brackets. Keeps any silicone off your car.
Old 4/19/07, 07:42 AM
Bullitt Member

I think there may have been an issue with the top brackets popping off. When I got my louvers from Amazon it came with a bracket apporimately 1" wide by 1" long. The driver side popped off and went missing. I followed the directions pretty closely and had this happen so I gave them a call. Excellent customer service. I explained to them what happened and they asked all the questions (weather, silicone, alcohol, etc) They then shipped me the brackets for free. Well I recieved the package and went to replaced the bracket when I noticed that it was twice as long as the original. I didn't measure, but I would say that it's appoximately 2" compared to the original 1". So maybe it's a known issue and that's why I didn't ghave to buy the new one.

Also, do put tape on your car, make sure it extends way past the area you think it will affect. This stuff tends to go everywhere
Old 4/19/07, 10:47 AM
dly
Legacy TMS Member

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts
My passenger side on the top poped off twice. Finally put it on and let if cure in the sun for 2 days and all is well now.
Old 4/19/07, 11:28 AM

Got mine yesterday. The box was ripped open, but the louvers were fine. Only problem was there was only one nut and two washers in the hardware kit!
I spoke to Linda at Willpak and she is sending out a complete hardware kit via ups today!
I did check the fit and they didn't lay on the window exactly as they should so I took them off and put a little pressure on them and finessed them into laying perfectly on the window all the way around! Now if that hardware kit would just get here!
Old 4/19/07, 01:09 PM
Legacy TMS Member

good deal. I should lay mine on my neighbors 07 and see what it looks like.
Thanks for letting us know.
Old 4/19/07, 05:10 PM

Originally Posted by gremlin190
I think there may have been an issue with the top brackets popping off. When I got my louvers from Amazon it came with a bracket apporimately 1" wide by 1" long. The driver side popped off and went missing. I followed the directions pretty closely and had this happen so I gave them a call. Excellent customer service. I explained to them what happened and they asked all the questions (weather, silicone, alcohol, etc) They then shipped me the brackets for free. Well I recieved the package and went to replaced the bracket when I noticed that it was twice as long as the original. I didn't measure, but I would say that it's appoximately 2" compared to the original 1". So maybe it's a known issue and that's why I didn't ghave to buy the new one.

Also, do put tape on your car, make sure it extends way past the area you think it will affect. This stuff tends to go everywhere
Now you have the longer bracket - any problems?

Oh and yeah I was missing two nuts & washers...
Old 4/19/07, 06:07 PM
V6 Member

You guys have me worried about buying these.. I am interesting in getting the louvers, but don't want them flying off on me..

Rusty
Old 4/19/07, 08:31 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Britinastang
Now you have the longer bracket - any problems?

Oh and yeah I was missing two nuts & washers...

Well, I took a blow dryer to it after I placed the bracket on the glass and I also let it cure for about a week. And it's been on for about 2 weeks now with no issues.

I wasn't missing anything, one of my nuts didn't have any threads.

Rusty,
If you do have problems, Linda is excellent. They have really good cs so I wouldn't hesitate. The shipping was a tad bit long because they are in Canada (8 days compared to 7 for shipping), but I was very happy with the way they treated me.

Also, the brackets that we are all having a problem do not have a bolt attached to them. There are six total brackets and the top two are used to kind of latch the louvers down, however the main 4 have screws that really hold it in place.
Old 4/20/07, 05:55 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by Rusty
You guys have me worried about buying these.. I am interesting in getting the louvers, but don't want them flying off on me..

Rusty
I don't think that will happen. I have had mine up to 120 or so also went on a 1400 mile trip most of it at 85mph. Even with that one tab coming up I drove it for a few days up to 55 mph or so.
I think the main thing is when you get it make sure it fits your window before you put the mounting brackets on. Thats some thing I didn't do.
Old 4/21/07, 09:18 PM
V6 Member

Gremlin190, Glenn,

Thanks, may have to consider getting them.

Rusty
Old 4/23/07, 05:31 PM
V6 Member

it arrived today

Ordered on the 15th and it was on my porch today!! That was fast with free shipping.
Old 4/23/07, 07:40 PM
V6 Member

Also, any problem with opening the trunk with them on?

Thanks

Rusty
Old 4/23/07, 08:32 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Rusty
Also, any problem with opening the trunk with them on?

Thanks

Rusty

nope.

Quick Reply: Aluminum Louvers for cheap