05-09 Exterior Modifications Making Your '05 Stand Out from the Crowd

About to pull the trigger on steeda springs

Search this Thread

Old 1/24/06, 12:21 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am going to order a set of steeda sport springs and panhard bar soon.....not sure who from (nino or bren speed), but anyway....

Who did you install?

I thought about going to a tire shop who does struts and wheel alignment?

anyone suggest someone else?

Also has anyone ordered or put on a panhard bar brace yet?

I am not roadracing it, but was wondering if anyone has used one.

thanks

BTW has anyone found one cheeper than 259.00 for the springs and 159 for the bar?
Old 1/24/06, 01:08 PM
Mach 1 Member

Don't know what's involved with the panhard bar, but installing the springs are something you can do yourself with simple socket wrenches. The only special tool you need is a set of spring compressors which you can rent from your local auto parts store and there are 2 times you will need another set of hands when removing the front strut and putting it back up again.
Old 1/24/06, 01:35 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by mustangspeeder@January 24, 2006, 3:11 PM
Don't know what's involved with the panhard bar, but installing the springs are something you can do yourself with simple socket wrenches. The only special tool you need is a set of spring compressors which you can rent from your local auto parts store and there are 2 times you will need another set of hands when removing the front strut and putting it back up again.

I agree with Stu... Not that difficult to do if you have a buddy to help and access to a set of spring compressors... I did mine myself (with the help of a friend)... It took us about 45 minutes to do the rear and about 2 hours to do the front... As for the panhard bar, installation was a piece of cake... Just make sure you get an on-car adjustable panhard bar (several manufactures make one) so you can bring the rear of your car back on-center without having to keep removing the bar to make adjustments...

If you don't want to do it yourself, I'm sure any tire shop that replaces struts/shocks could handle it... You will need to bring it to them after installation anyway for an alignment... I didn't have any problems getting mine aligned with the Steeda Sport Springs but others did, so you may want to look into getting a set of camber adjusters...
Old 1/24/06, 04:13 PM
Cobra R Member

Not to throw a monkey wrench in it..... Has anyone tried using the Ford Racing Sport Springs?

As for the camber adjusters, most of what I have read it that Steeda springs don't lower it enough to cause a problem. Maybe with other brands that lower over a inch.

To take it to a tire shop and ask them to do it , then get them to do the adjustments to the alignment/..... atleast then, they cannot say>>>>Hey guy, this is way off and so forth.
Old 1/25/06, 10:02 PM
Legacy Tms Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
We have the Steeda comp springs, and couldn't be happier. Nice look, great performance, and no issues with them. Camber plates are nice if you want to dial in extra camber, but are not required for the installation.

Oh, and while the ride is stiffer, it is not back-breaking stiff. The car still has a very nice ride, but is more at home when pushed hard than the stock springs.