Old 3/6/07, 02:48 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks Adam..Please let us know ASAP
Ditto....
Old 3/6/07, 03:21 PM
Cobra Member

That hood looks sweeeeet.... I want a raised 68 style hood with NO cali dream lines for sooo long. But that price..... i'll keep waiting haha
Old 3/7/07, 01:45 PM
Bullitt Member

From Amy at Cervini...

I don't know....I think I like Kevin's better...
Old 3/7/07, 02:03 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I like the way the heat extractors are combined with this '67 Shelby style hood...

Last edited by red454; 10/30/08 at 04:27 PM.
Old 3/7/07, 03:28 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by hags1
From Amy at Cervini...

You beat me to it - just got the same pic. I think I like it, but would be helpful to see what it would look like with stripes. Any Photochop experts here wanna take a crack at this?
Old 3/7/07, 04:42 PM
TMS West Coast Correspondent

From Amy at Cervini...

still too big and bulky and the scoops to far back
Old 3/7/07, 04:53 PM
GTR Member

GOOD DAM IT I was hopin the Cervini one would be the one I was holding out for. I totally agree Robello,too big and square looking...
*me praying* "Please let someone come out w/ exact hood as Dream car factory's"
Old 3/7/07, 05:00 PM

Originally Posted by Boltzman
GOOD DAM IT I was hopin the Cervini one would be the one I was holding out for. I totally agree Robello,too big and square looking...
lol ur killing smalls!
Old 3/7/07, 06:02 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Boltzman
Ditto.....kind of disappointed in Cervini's attempt at the 68 hood....

I see that carbon fiber hood on ebay was purchased by someone...can carbon fiber be painted to match the car color or is it to stay the carbon fiber look?

Boltzman....if you find something you like, please post it....I'm in the same pursuit of the 68 hood as you are....I should of bought one of them DCF hoods when they were on ebay....they sold a couple there right after they closed shop....I don't think those hoods were functional thou?....maybe they were?

hags1
Old 3/7/07, 06:09 PM

I see that carbon fiber hood on ebay was purchased by someone...can carbon fiber be painted to match the car color or is it to stay the carbon fiber look?

Boltzman....if you find something you like, please post it....I'm in the same pursuit of the 68 hood as you are....I should of bought one of them DCF hoods when they were on ebay....they sold a couple there right after they closed shop....I don't think those hoods were functional thou?....maybe they were?

hags1
yes CF can be painted, its a more extensive process to prep it correctly so it costs a little more usually, and no the DCF hoods didnt come functional
Old 3/7/07, 06:32 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by rrobello
yes CF can be painted, its a more extensive process to prep it correctly so it costs a little more usually, and no the DCF hoods didnt come functional
I thought the early DCF hoods were non functional and the later ones were - I think I remember seeing one at a car show and half of each "nostril" was open into the engine compartment...
Old 3/7/07, 06:40 PM

Originally Posted by red454
I thought the early DCF hoods were non functional and the later ones were - I think I remember seeing one at a car show and half of each "nostril" was open into the engine compartment...
I havent seen any at a show, they didnt sell any that I know of, or at least it appears to be that way since no one has one on their car on any forums (at least while they were in business...lol), but as for functionality if I recall correctly they stated on their website that the hoods can be made functional but didnt come that way, but knowing what they look like under the hood it would be difficult to make the front scoops functional the way they created it. The best you could do is to create very small openings where air can just get into the engine bay, bot directed to the airbox
Old 3/7/07, 06:41 PM
GTR Member

Boltzman....if you find something you like, please post it....I'm in the same pursuit of the 68 hood as you are
....I should of bought one of them DCF hoods when they were on ebay....they sold a couple there right after they closed shop....I don't think those hoods were functional thou?....maybe they were?

hags1
Definitely
Old 3/7/07, 07:02 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by rrobello
I havent seen any at a show, they didnt sell any that I know of, or at least it appears to be that way since no one has one on their car on any forums (at least while they were in business...lol), but as for functionality if I recall correctly they stated on their website that the hoods can be made functional but didnt come that way, but knowing what they look like under the hood it would be difficult to make the front scoops functional the way they created it. The best you could do is to create very small openings where air can just get into the engine bay, bot directed to the airbox
I took these pics last May at the Shelby Spring Fling at the Brown County State Park in Nashville, Indiana. I zoomed in and you can see that the side of the nostril that is blue is open, and the side with the white stripe is closed off. Of course, the air is only directed under the hood, and as you said it is not ducted to the air box. I remember talking to the owner about this. That car really looked nice...

Last edited by red454; 10/30/08 at 04:27 PM.
Old 3/7/07, 07:12 PM
GTR Member

Originally Posted by red454
I took these pics last May at the Shelby Spring Fling at the Brown County State Park in Nashville, Indiana. I zoomed in and you can see that the side of the nostril that is blue is open, and the side with the white stripe is closed off. Of course, the air is only directed under the hood, and as you said it is not ducted to the air box. I remember talking to the owner about this. That car really looked nice...
got any more pics of this? Do you think this hood could handle CDC hood struts? Also,what about water getting in those vents
Old 3/7/07, 07:19 PM
Cobra R Member

Yes I have a couple more pics. PM me and I can send you the hi-res pics. They are somewhat large.

And yes, there is nothing from keeping water from getting in. Not sure about the hood struts. From what I hear, it is not a good idea to use the hood struts on fiberglass hoods. But I don't have any experience with fiberglass hoods. Yet at least...
Old 3/7/07, 07:49 PM

it completely depends on how the hood is made, if its just fiberglass with threads to bolt the hood into then no probably not a good idea to use hood struts, but if they are made propperly with a place to mount all the hardware that reinforced then you can go ahead and use them.

another thing to note about the DCF hood the way they made it is that not only did u have to cut them to make them slightly functional but the only thing that really makes sense is how that guy in the pics did it and that is to cut out that round opening on the side, but the two pieces of fiberglass are so tight in that area of the hood that very little if any air would get through and I dont even think they are close enough to the scoop openings to get air from them at all. The way they designed the scoops is that they are solid fiberglass and line up with the bottom piece of the hood against an area that is flush up against them. Ill have to double check
Old 3/8/07, 02:29 PM
V6 Member

I agree the DCF hood is about as close to perfect proportions as you could get, but looking at the Cervini and DCF side by side they are pretty close. The distance from the edge of the hood to the scoop is about the same, but the center section distance between the scoops is smaller on the Cervini. I think this is more obvious looking at the Cervini pic because the hood is solid color with no stripes. I'll ask again, is there a Photochop expert on this forum that could throw a quick white or even better, silver set of Shelby strips on the Cervini pic for us to look at?
Old 3/8/07, 03:43 PM

Originally Posted by jcode68
I agree the DCF hood is about as close to perfect proportions as you could get, but looking at the Cervini and DCF side by side they are pretty close. The distance from the edge of the hood to the scoop is about the same, but the center section distance between the scoops is smaller on the Cervini. I think this is more obvious looking at the Cervini pic because the hood is solid color with no stripes. I'll ask again, is there a Photochop expert on this forum that could throw a quick white or even better, silver set of Shelby strips on the Cervini pic for us to look at?
well without having the cervinis hood in front of me I cant get an exact measurement, but it appears as though the points of the scoops where they touch the hood are about 2-3 inches back from the edge of the hood, and the DCF hoods same points are only 1/4" from the actual lip of the hood (the small half inch ridge that hangs down at an angle from the flat top of the hood), the DCF hoods points are also more subtle and a little thicker, the other problem with the Cervini one (IMO) is that it looks like they added a scoop ontop of the hood, kind of like the other one they already have further back on the hood. The DCF is a lot more subtle and integrates the scoops into the natural curves and lines of the stock hood, more like the Cali Dreamn' does.

Quick Reply: 68 Shelby hood