05-09 Exterior Modifications Making Your '05 Stand Out from the Crowd

05 boss 302 is now complete

Search this Thread

Old 12/20/07, 05:32 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i agree if camm called is car a tribute car it is great but if some one trys to call it a boss then we have a problem because it is not the only way to get a boss is from us we are the only company that has an agreement with ford
Old 12/22/07, 09:49 AM
Bullitt Member

punctuation would be nice. If he built the car up himself and stuck "boss" decals on it... I say great. He paid for it, let him do what he wants with it.
Old 12/23/07, 10:33 PM
V6 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Wally05-
Me thinks teamshinoda doth lack some in business acumen... You can't "BUY" that kind of free advertising! Were it I, there would be all kinds of free decals and things going out to the BOSS 302 fans... Good grief!

-Chuck
Old 12/23/07, 10:50 PM
I lust for a M24

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by STANG-22
Wally05-
Me thinks teamshinoda doth lack some in business acumen... You can't "BUY" that kind of free advertising! Were it I, there would be all kinds of free decals and things going out to the BOSS 302 fans... Good grief!

-Chuck
He can't use punctuation or spell, what makes you think he's got business sense?
Old 12/24/07, 07:20 AM
Mach 1 Member

Wally05-

-Chuck
Averyly Chuck! The same thinkin' was going on in my knoggin'.
Methinks it is greater to wield the velvet glove than the sword!

Too bad, since Boss05 said he had even bought parts from this guy (the front splitter) and I was considering the same for mine...not now! I will make do with something else...
Old 12/25/07, 02:03 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Nice Job Car looks fantastic and nicely done.
Old 12/26/07, 10:47 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by teamshinoda
i agree if camm called is car a tribute car it is great but if some one trys to call it a boss then we have a problem because it is not the only way to get a boss is from us we are the only company that has an agreement with ford

I am sorry, I assumed this was a open chat forum not a business letter.
Old 12/26/07, 03:07 PM
Bullitt Member

I didn't mean it as an insult.... I was just saying. It makes it easier to read. I was saying that I think the car is a great build... I like teamShinoda cars, that is for sure. I just saw the new pdf.
Old 12/27/07, 12:23 PM
Bullitt Member

thanks guys
Old 1/1/08, 08:37 AM
Cobra Member

Great looking car.
Old 2/4/08, 06:37 AM
GT Member

LOL...I Know who you really are though..

Wally05-

-Chuck
Everybody, Please welcome "JAR JAR " to the forums, BTW, Loved your last movie dude!
Old 2/11/08, 10:31 AM
CAL
GT Member

You guys are killing me making me laugh. It is a free country, do with your Stang as you want. Car looks great. I guess I'm somewhat a "hater too" as I would not put Boss 302 stripes on a 281. Heck, you might as well put Boss 429....that'll keep em' thinking. (Also, slightly "ricerrish" as well.) Now, if you've done the work and "stroked" your 281 out to a 302 (as in Saleen PJ version)....that's a different story.

My opinion for what it's worth.... An S197 that is converted to look like a Shelby GT is indeed a "GT." Just like my CS/GT if I put some Boss 281 stripes on it --well, it's a CS/GT. My thoughts.

Guess I'm in the minority here and too much the purist. I guess for all you V6ers, go ahead and add some GT badges to your car...perhaps some cobra emblems as well......
Old 2/11/08, 11:26 AM
Cobra R Member

Would 302 hp qualify it?
Old 2/12/08, 10:31 AM
CAL
GT Member

Originally Posted by WaltM
Would 302 hp qualify it?
Qualify or clarify--that is the question. To "qualify" as a Boss 302.... you would need 302 ci, not 281. As far as hp --the '70 Boss 302 if memory serves was underated at around 290 hp.

Also, you'll run out of tape-stripes as you mod, one week a "Boss 250-265 rwhp / stock," then after CAI+Tune...Boss 275-285 (rwhp) depending on air temp/density and elevation...See just wouldn't work.... Here's a good link to qualify/clarify what is a Boss 302 and what isn't......

Now let's see, if I add some "super snake" emblems --I could have a "Super CS/GT 500?" LOL

http://www.mustangdreams.com/Boss--302-1970-red.htm
Old 2/12/08, 10:37 AM
Cobra Member

Looks good to me!
Old 2/15/08, 02:16 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Why do the specific cubic inches alone of a totally different engine matter at all? The original high revving “Boss 302” was anything but a standard ford 302, totally different heads and internal parts. So unless you are running a pushrod 2 canted valves per cylinder, carbureted Boss 302 engine what the heck difference do the specific cubic inches really matter?

Personally I don’t care for tribute cars, but why do you find it necessary to keep harping on about your particular tastes for a tribute car and insisting that 05boss subscribe only to your particular tastes?

I suggest you build your own “Boss 302” tribute car and post some pictures. We will gladly critique it for you. Otherwise, please let it go, you’ve made it known you don’t like his effort, I seriously doubt he is going to change it to please you…

Originally Posted by CAL
Qualify or clarify--that is the question. To "qualify" as a Boss 302.... you would need 302 ci, not 281. As far as hp --the '70 Boss 302 if memory serves was underated at around 290 hp.

Also, you'll run out of tape-stripes as you mod, one week a "Boss 250-265 rwhp / stock," then after CAI+Tune...Boss 275-285 (rwhp) depending on air temp/density and elevation...See just wouldn't work.... Here's a good link to qualify/clarify what is a Boss 302 and what isn't......

Now let's see, if I add some "super snake" emblems --I could have a "Super CS/GT 500?" LOL

http://www.mustangdreams.com/Boss--302-1970-red.htm
Old 2/18/08, 12:07 AM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by Black GT500
Why do the specific cubic inches alone of a totally different engine matter at all? The original high revving “Boss 302” was anything but a standard ford 302, totally different heads and internal parts. So unless you are running a pushrod 2 canted valves per cylinder, carbureted Boss 302 engine what the heck difference do the specific cubic inches really matter?

Personally I don’t care for tribute cars, but why do you find it necessary to keep harping on about your particular tastes for a tribute car and insisting that 05boss subscribe only to your particular tastes?

I suggest you build your own “Boss 302” tribute car and post some pictures. We will gladly critique it for you. Otherwise, please let it go, you’ve made it known you don’t like his effort, I seriously doubt he is going to change it to please you…
Here's mine...
Attached Thumbnails 05 boss 302 is now complete-frtpass.jpg  
Old 2/19/08, 04:53 AM
Mach 1 Member

Pacettr, how do you like the Glassback? I take it that it is factory? How was it driving during OK summer temperature?

Nice looking ride...
Old 2/19/08, 11:18 AM
CAL
GT Member

Originally Posted by Black GT500

Thanks for the response. I'll respond only once and then on to more important things in life. Reread my response, you'll see that I did not ask jack-squat from 05boss as far as subscibing to anything, especially my taste. And I quote "It is a free country, do with your Stang as you want."

I expressed an opinion that's all. I think you missed the entire point of my post. So, Ill try one more time, again, it's a free country and a forum is a way to express, (not suppress), an opinion. You pay your $$ and you're free to modify your heart out. I guess what bothers me is the time I pull up to the light and see a V-6 with GT500 on it? A GT with Shelby GT on its' rockers, a GT with KR on it, or vice-versa, a Bullitt with every emblem a person could find to stick on it saying, heh look, "I've got a Bullitt." Or in-line with this thread, and "the" worst case "a Boss 800"?? Guess my passion for real Boss cars and the Mustang's heritage has me in the minority.

I read some irony in your response as you seem confused....you don't care for tribute cars--but yet your harping/defending one? Obviously, I share the same opinion as you for tribute cars --yet, you suggest I build a CS/GT Boss 302? Are you 05Boss's brother-in-law or Larry Shinoda? See definition 1b and 1c for forum. http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/forum. Let 05Boss respond or choose not to respond.

Ok, back to more important things. You should do the same and please .....you're 100% correct, let's not waste any more time "harping" on this. I have the distinct feeling you are going to do just that ---write some epistle to me --please don't.
Old 2/19/08, 12:06 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Your car looks great! You have done a nice job of capturing the "look" that you wanted.

I have G.T.350 on my side stripes but no Shelby emblems.

Quick Reply: 05 boss 302 is now complete