Sports College and Pro Sports and Fantasy Leagues

Oh man, Bucks in 06

Search this Thread

Old 9/7/06 | 06:21 AM
Bullitt Member

Oh man, Bucks in 06

Yup, I said it once, I said it again. The Buckeyes are the best team in the land and will dice up anything you throw at them.

Troy Smith for the Heisman ! ! ! !

Next up...? Texas. Goodnight 'Horns.
Old 9/7/06 | 07:55 AM
Team Mustang Source

Cannot wait for Saturday!!!!

'Horns Bucks
Old 9/7/06 | 08:07 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally Posted by HammyZTS
Yup, I said it once, I said it again. The Buckeyes are the best team in the land and will dice up anything you throw at them.

Talk **** after you play somebody, not NORTHERN ILLINOIS

This week if you win you might be able to talk some smack.
Texas by 10 (D amn and I Hate TX. )
I'm afraid my Sooners are NOT destined for greatness this year. Paul Thompson must get MUCH better.
Old 9/7/06 | 08:23 AM
Cobra Member

I second Daryl's thoughts on waiting to talk crap till after your team has played someone legit!!!!! Don't get me wrong I am all about team spirit, I love THE NOLES, but one shouldn't base a teams performance on a 35-12 victory over a team whose 2005 record was 7-5; and losing to teams like Akron and Ball State.
Old 9/7/06 | 09:21 AM
Mach 1 Member

I picked Ohio State for several reasons:
1) I hate Texas too
2) Texas lost two good players in Tarell Brown and Tyrell Gatewood
3) McCoy is going to be running for his life most if not all of the game (Bucks D comin' at ya!)

And yes, OU is in for a L-O-N-G season if Thompson doesn't get better. Last Sat. was the A.D. show, and even HE didn't perform up to his potential. Not that I care -- I'm a die-hard Oklahoma State fan. Should be a fun season.
Old 9/7/06 | 02:46 PM
Bullitt Member

I am not talking s***t. I am claiming that I have picked the Bucks to rule all other ncaa football teams.

I am a Buckeye, class of 2004.

I am basing nothing on the Northern Illinois game, just as I am basing nothing on the Mean Greens game. I am simply claiming that the Buckeyes are my team, they are ranked #1, they are amazing, and they are better than your team. Thank you, goodnight.
Old 9/7/06 | 03:19 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

THAT is NOT talking **** ?? I am all for supporting your team, Hell I will always support mine as any REAL fan will do.
I am also NOT here to start an argument, BUT I just stated a fact.
You are in here claiming your team's greatness after one week and a WEAK opponent.

Yes it appears that your team is better than mine this year, but we need not get into history it would only disappoint you
Old 9/7/06 | 06:58 PM
GT Member

I got to agree with OKC, Texas by 10... at least.
Old 9/7/06 | 08:35 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by OKCMustangGT
THAT is NOT talking **** ?? I am all for supporting your team, Hell I will always support mine as any REAL fan will do.
I am also NOT here to start an argument, BUT I just stated a fact.
You are in here claiming your team's greatness after one week and a WEAK opponent.

Yes it appears that your team is better than mine this year, but we need not get into history it would only disappoint you
Let me say this again.... And I quote, ahem...

"I am basing nothing on the Northern Illinois game, just as I am basing nothing on the Mean Greens game. I am simply claiming that the Buckeyes are my team, they are ranked #1, they are amazing, and they are better than your team. Thank you, goodnight. "

You see OKC, I would be saying these exact same things before any games are played, I would say these things if the Buckeyes were ranked poorly and I will say this again in January... I said it last year, and I will say next year. I AM BASING NOTHING ON GAMES PLAYED, I AM BASING NOTHING ON WEEKS INTO THE SCHEDULE, ETC., ETC., ETC.,... Did you not see the smiley banging his head on a wall?

I am simply here to state facts.

The facts are as follows:

1.) The Buckeyes are amazing.
2.) Jim Tressel is cooler than you.
3.) You would look dumb in a sweater vest.
4.) Your team most likely blows
5.) Your team is not in the Big10 and thusly blows
6.) Everything about Oklahoma smells
7.) I am not here to start a fight.

I hope I made my point OKC. I mean, it's pretty simple. The Buckeyes rule, they will win out, they will go to the national championship and they will win.

(if they do not, it is your fault for making me say all this and thusly jinxing them. curse you. I will however, let you flog me on these boards for at least two weeks.)

(also, if for some reason Jim Tressel, Troy Smith, Ted Ginn Jr., Antonio Pittman, Chris Wells and Anthony Gonzalas all suddenly catch colds and fall from their greatness for a game and lose by a last second field goal, they will still go on to at least the 2nd highest BCS bowl and probably roll right over Auburn or some other schmoe team from the south. As we all know, football is played in Ohio and Texas. Everyone else is just the farm league.)

Please, everyone reading this, please freak out and call me names for saying your state, which is not Ohio or Texas, sucks at football. I will not respond. You will not hear from me until the Buckeyes win their bowl game. Just like last year.

Good day, sirs. And happy Mustang driving.

one last thing...

COLUMBUS, Ohio (AP) -- Ohio State and Oklahoma will play a home-and-home series in 2016-17.

The two traditional powers have met twice before, with the Sooners beating the Buckeyes in 1977 and Ohio State evening the series in 1983.

You're right, the history does upset me. 1 and 1. I am so sad now.
Old 9/7/06 | 09:21 PM
GT Member

Ha ha . . . I love college football trash talking. Nole fan weighing in on Ohio State . . .

First off, everyone looks dumb in a sweater vest, even Jim Tressel.

1) Ohio State blows. The Big 10 blows. They can't even add. There are 11 teams in that pathetic league. The Big 12 had the good common sense to change their name when they got more than 8 teams.

2) The most competitive leagues these days are the SEC and ACC. Florida State has more grads in the NFL than any other team and by a large margin.

3) Speaking of history, Florida State is 7-2 against the Big 10. Guess what? Neither of those 2 losses were against Ohio State. FSU and Ohio State have played 3 times. FSU won all of them, the last one 31-14 in the Sugar Bowl ('97 season).

That said, I do hope Ohio State beats the **** out of Texas Saturday, so good luck with that.
Old 9/8/06 | 07:53 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

"I am basing nothing on the Northern Illinois game, just as I am basing nothing on the Mean Greens game. I am simply claiming that the Buckeyes are my team, they are ranked #1, they are amazing, and they are better than your team. Thank you, goodnight. "

You see OKC, I would be saying these exact same things before any games are played, I would say these things if the Buckeyes were ranked poorly and I will say this again in January... I said it last year, and I will say next year. I AM BASING NOTHING ON GAMES PLAYED, I AM BASING NOTHING ON WEEKS INTO THE SCHEDULE, ETC., ETC., ETC.,... Did you not see the smiley banging his head on a wall?
Hence my reply
"I am all for supporting your team, Hell I will always support mine as any REAL fan will do. "

1.) The Buckeyes are amazing. (Your opinion NOT fact)
2.) Jim Tressel is cooler than you. (Your Opinion, NOT Fact)
3.) You would look dumb in a sweater vest. (Fact, but so does EVERYONE else, including Jim Tressel)
4.) Your team most likely blows (Your ASSUMPTION, NOT fact or at least NOT Yet)
5.) Your team is not in the Big10 and thusly blows (Your opinion NOT fact)
6.) Everything about Oklahoma smells (Your Opinion, NOT fact. Have you ever been to Oklahoma?)
7.) I am not here to start a fight. (Possibly a FACT, Nor am I)
Not stating many facts.

I hope I made my point OKC. I mean, it's pretty simple. The Buckeyes rule, they will win out, they will go to the national championship and they will win.
Once again your OPINION is well noted.
(if they do not, it is your fault for making me say all this and thusly jinxing them. curse you. I will however, let you flog me on these boards for at least two weeks.)
At least my purpose would be served, and I WILL flog you.
Please, everyone reading this, please freak out and call me names for saying your state, which is not Ohio or Texas, sucks at football.
I would NEVER call you a name over your football Opinions nor your team spirit/pride.
I will not respond. You will not hear from me until the Buckeyes win their bowl game. Just like last year.
It will be awfully quite if I don't hear from you until the Buckeyes win their bowl game
DITTO
one last thing...
COLUMBUS, Ohio (AP) -- Ohio State and Oklahoma will play a home-and-home series in 2016-17.
The two traditional powers have met twice before, with the Sooners beating the Buckeyes in 1977 and Ohio State evening the series in 1983.
Wasn't talking head to head since our meetings are so limited and NO I wasn't talking about National Championships either as we both have 7.
I was talking about the storied history of the Crimson & Cream. HERE is a few quick facts for you.
Old 9/8/06 | 09:28 AM
Cobra Member

(also, if for some reason Jim Tressel, Troy Smith, Ted Ginn Jr., Antonio Pittman, Chris Wells and Anthony Gonzalas all suddenly catch colds and fall from their greatness for a game and lose by a last second field goal, they will still go on to at least the 2nd highest BCS bowl and probably roll right over Auburn or some other schmoe team from the south. As we all know, football is played in Ohio and Texas. Everyone else is just the farm league.)

Please, everyone reading this, please freak out and call me names for saying your state, which is not Ohio or Texas, sucks at football. I will not respond. You will not hear from me until the Buckeyes win their bowl game. Just like last year.

one last thing...

Wow I didn't know this forum allows children on here!!!! Last time I heard an argument like that I think I was in 3rd grade, but I guess if it still works for you then more power to ya!
Old 9/9/06 | 09:26 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by PIKE2244
Wow I didn't know this forum allows children on here!!!! Last time I heard an argument like that I think I was in 3rd grade, but I guess if it still works for you then more power to ya!

You're a little kid...

Okay, nothing more until January. Adios.
Old 9/9/06 | 04:15 PM
Cobra Member

I appreciate the sense of humor, at least I hope that was an effort and not a realistic rebutle.
Old 9/9/06 | 04:25 PM
V6 Member

Off to a buddy's house to watch the game. I bleed Scarlet and Gray though am not quit as zealous as Hammy (You know how Bullitt owners are ). I think it will a close game (less than 7 pts) and I could see it getting into the 30's for each team. I think the QB play will be the deciding factor so I am leaning for OSU, 34-31.
Old 9/10/06 | 08:28 AM
Cobra Member

Didn't get to see all the game but from what I saw the bucks looked pretty good. I cannot say the same in regards to the NOLES though, they looked like a bunch of idiots trying to hump a door ****!
Old 9/10/06 | 09:39 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally Posted by PIKE2244
Didn't get to see all the game but from what I saw the bucks looked pretty good. I cannot say the same in regards to the NOLES though, they looked like a bunch of idiots trying to hump a door ****!
Nope I was actaully impressed by OSU, they looked really good.
My team won, but that is about as much as I can say about the Sooners
Old 9/11/06 | 05:58 PM
GT Member

The Texas/OSU game went pretty much as I expected. The ND/PSU game, on the other hand . . .

Maybe daddy will put Jeff Bowden on restriction this weekend and let Mark McHale call the offense so the Noles can get by Clemson.
Old 9/30/06 | 12:57 PM
Mach 1 Member

Wow, a couple of weeks ago I was going to start an "Oh man, Bucks in 06", since the 05 was the last thread to be posted to here, and I happened to have been the last. But after seeing all the crap in here, kinda glad I didn't.

But when in Rome... Buckeyes rock, everyone else's team has poopy-pants... except Michigan, they have poopy-panties.
Old 10/5/06 | 06:30 AM
GT Member

It's going to be another interesting Bowl season, I think . . .

- It looks like Ohio State and Michigan will both be undefeated when they meet.
- USC should win out, unless Notre Dame can pull the upset (not looking much like it right now).
- If UF can get by LSU this weekend, I don't see anyone beating them (God help my Noles) before the SEC championship game.

I know, I know . . . Auburn is sitting at #2 right now, but they don't look like they're for real after they were lucky to escape the other USC. Even so, there could easily be an undefeated SEC champ with UF or Auburn.

Then you've got the winner of the Louisville/West Virginia (nice schedule) game.

Here's to hoping we end up with 4 unbeatens in the top 4 at year's end to totally eff-up the BCS and maybe we'll finally get a playoff.

Quick Reply: Oh man, Bucks in 06