Sports College and Pro Sports and Fantasy Leagues

The Dallas Cowboys are on fire!

Search this Thread

Old 1/10/10, 07:51 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It was good to see Roy catch a couple. GO COWBOYS!
Old 1/10/10, 09:15 AM
Post *****

Received 72 Likes on 65 Posts
Dallas' first playoff win since 1996? Wow . . . time flies!
Old 1/10/10, 01:53 PM
Post *****

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Good to see...

The Big D
Old 1/10/10, 04:36 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by MARZ
Man, Dallas absolutely but the whoopin' on Philadelphia's rear end! Donovan "The Best QB in the NFL" McNabb didn't play very well, did he?
I'm pretty sure McNabb probably cried the entire trip back to Philadelphia. And then, I have to smile when I think about Desean Jackson's Twitter... looks like he messed up, and stung his own team, LOL.
Old 1/10/10, 08:09 PM
Post *****

Received 159 Likes on 133 Posts
When the game started and showed McNabb coming through the tunnel, playing air guitar, and then beating on the plexiglass trying to scare a fan I knew he was toast. In my observations he has difficulty coping with some pressure situations and his actions are often bizarre and strange. I mean not culturally bizarre, but psychologically bizarre. The dude has issues.
Old 1/11/10, 02:54 AM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by 2k7gtcs
When the game started and showed McNabb coming through the tunnel, playing air guitar, and then beating on the plexiglass trying to scare a fan I knew he was toast. In my observations he has difficulty coping with some pressure situations and his actions are often bizarre and strange. I mean not culturally bizarre, but psychologically bizarre. The dude has issues.
No kidding. I dislike him for things like that (trying to scare fans, that's just sorry), though I do believe McNabb was a decent quarterback, once.

I honestly do hate Michael Vick, which shows how petty I can be -- I can deal with a lot of things, but what he went to prison for was unforgivable. At least, from me -- if the big guy upstairs wants to forgive him, that's between Him and Vick.

And the Eagles, well... they're not flying right now, so they're not on my mind.

However! I'm really looking forward to the Minnesota Vikings, and here's why.

I haven't been watching football for very long, but I started a couple of years ago as a way to get closer with my dad, who's in his early sixties. The first game we watched together was a 2007 game, Dallas Cowboys against the Green Bay Packers. Back then, Romo was playing really well and we all heard the comparisons between him and Favre. I dislike Favre's attention-stunts with 'omg i dun wanna retire yet,' but I still think of watching him play against the Cowboys, and the sportsmanship he showed when Green Bay lost to Dallas.

Brett Favre is still a good quarterback, and the Vikings have really stepped it up this year. The game is going to be a great one, and I'm looking forward to it!
Old 1/11/10, 09:12 AM
Post *****

Received 159 Likes on 133 Posts
My wife is a Favre fan. She has a Packers, Jets, and Vikings Favre jersey. My second daughter is on her mother's side.

I am a lifelong Cowboys fan. I've watched 99% of the games since probably 1976. That's my earliest memory I think. My wife is/was a Cowboys fan. At least I thought she was. It's almost like finding out your wife is not the person you thought she was.

It'll be very interesting this week and Sunday in my house. All the other kids are on my side. I can tell my wife is worried about the game and I love it.

If it were Minnesota at Dallas I'd say Minnesota was toast. But in Minnesota it will be a good game. Dallas will definitely have its share of false start penalties in the Metrodome. That dome is gonna be rocking. They may even secretly pump in noise as some have suggested they do sometimes. It will all come down to Romo vs. the Vikings coverage/pass rush. If he has time Minnesota is dead. If they blitz him and don't get there, they're dead. If the run game is working and therefore play action is working they are really dead. We'll have to see how Adams handles Allen, and how Gurode handles Williams even with help. I think the Dallas D will be fine. They are at another level right now. Win the turnover battle this time of year and you'll win the game.
Old 1/12/10, 12:04 AM
V6 Member

My wife is a Favre fan. She has a Packers, Jets, and Vikings Favre jersey. My second daughter is on her mother's side.

I am a lifelong Cowboys fan. I've watched 99% of the games since probably 1976. That's my earliest memory I think. My wife is/was a Cowboys fan. At least I thought she was. It's almost like finding out your wife is not the person you thought she was.

It'll be very interesting this week and Sunday in my house. All the other kids are on my side. I can tell my wife is worried about the game and I love it.

If it were Minnesota at Dallas I'd say Minnesota was toast. But in Minnesota it will be a good game. Dallas will definitely have its share of false start penalties in the Metrodome. That dome is gonna be rocking. They may even secretly pump in noise as some have suggested they do sometimes. It will all come down to Romo vs. the Vikings coverage/pass rush. If he has time Minnesota is dead. If they blitz him and don't get there, they're dead. If the run game is working and therefore play action is working they are really dead. We'll have to see how Adams handles Allen, and how Gurode handles Williams even with help. I think the Dallas D will be fine. They are at another level right now. Win the turnover battle this time of year and you'll win the game.
Ouch! My girlfriend is a Houston girl (and I'm an Austin guy), so she's real into the Texans, the Rockets, and the Astros.

Better yet, Gary, you know I'm a huge Longhorn fan -- well, she's Texas A&M University Class of 2012/2013. Believe me, I know the tension in your household all too well -- I spent Thanksgiving at her house with her family, watching the Lone Star Showdown. Every time the Aggies scored, her family cheers -- every time the Longhorns scored, I cheered. It was a very lonely sound. (But, you probably have an idea of how I am by now -- I flat-out told them I was very impressed with the way the Aggies played, and that they were gracious sports even after losing.)

As far as the Cowboys defense, they're on fire now. Favre really has to beware of Ware, because Ware has had his number in previous games almost perfectly. If he can stay on top of that and sack Favre or nail Peterson with the same oomph that they showed against McNabb and the Eagles, we'll be a nightmare for the Vikings. The real key, I think, is for Romo to play at the level he's been playing at. Scramble, keep buying time until he sees THE opening, don't just settle for a MAYBE catch.

Having won their first play-off game, I don't think the Cowboys will be satisfied with a second-round loss and NFC East title. I firmly believe that they want to go all the way, and at LEAST be the NFC Champs and head to the Super Bowl.

It'll be nice to replace my 2007 NFC East Champions cap with a 2009 NFC Champions or 2009 Super Bowl Champs hat!
Old 1/17/10, 02:10 PM
AKA 1 BULLITT------------ Legacy TMS Member

Received 342 Likes on 215 Posts
... Win the turnover battle this time of year and you'll win the game.
That turned out to be the key statistic.
Old 1/17/10, 02:15 PM
Cobra Member

well no doubt the cowboys did good this year.
Old 1/17/10, 02:22 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Their fire has just been extinguished...
Old 1/17/10, 03:53 PM

Received 70 Likes on 66 Posts
Old 1/18/10, 03:33 AM
V6 Member

I know our offensive line looked bad at some spots, but...

Tony Romo has really shaken my faith in him. That, and the decision on those 48/49 yard field goal attempts... that was a 'what the hell' moment.

However, as per usual, the Dallas defense was phenomenal. Somebody on our offensive line, however... choked. (All I want for Christmas is to see Colt McCoy get drafted as the new Dallas quarterback!! I know it'll be a couple of years before he's NFL-experienced, but MAN!)

On another note, I was very saddened to see Kurt Warner go out -- he's a class act, and one of the greatest quarterbacks in the NFL today. It will be a shame when he retires at last, but when he does retire...

...he won't suddenly go, "oh my gosh, no! I've got another year left! Quick, Jets! Hire me!" Then, at the end of the season, suddenly say, "Well, Jets, I think I'm ready to retire.. farewell, football!"

"NO WAIT GUYS I'M NOT READY VIKINGS PLEASE!!"

I was a Favre fan when I first started watching a couple of years ago. First game I watched was with my dad, the 2007 Dallas Cowboys v. Green Bay Packers game, the really hyped one. I thought Favre was the better quarterback that night, despite being a Cowboys fan already.

But after what he's pulled... no. I can't respect such a mid-life crisis act.

So with that said, I'm pulling for the New Orleans Saints or the Indianapolis Colts -- preferably the Saints, as they haven't won recently! Go get 'em, Saints -- and give Brett Favre a hard enough hit that he'll want to retire for real this time!