Aftermarket 2005+ Mustangs Discuss the Offerings from Roush, Saleen, Steeda, Shinoda, and Others

Waiting List

Search this Thread

Old 3/26/05, 09:07 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So today I had to go to my local Ford dealer to take both my ponies. One had a nail in the tire and the other had massive hail damage Anyway, while I was waiting for my car I was taking a look at the new vert when I overheard some sales guy talking about a waiting list for the new Shelby. I asked about the waiting list and the guy said no deposit was needed, they had no info on availability, options, price, etc. I signed up for the waiting list and was told I was the 20th guy in line. First come first served

Any other Ford dealers doing the same thing? Anyone have any previous experience with waiting lists for limited production cars? Anyone else in line for a new Shelby?
Old 3/27/05, 05:32 AM
Cobra R Member

I am number one on the waiting list at Dale Jarrett Ford.

They stated that they would not need any money right now as there is no list of options etc. I would guess around the end of this year or beginning of '06 is when the order banks will open with option listing as well.

So I am in a similar situation as you, but I don't know how many people did the powerlease in that area. If Ford sticks to its guns I may have 20 people ahead of me before I know it. :notnice:
Old 3/27/05, 06:35 AM
Cobra Member

Sounds like all the dealerships are doing the same thing. Waiting list with no money down.
Old 3/27/05, 07:01 AM
V6 Member

Originally posted by Route 66@March 27, 2005, 9:38 AM
Sounds like all the dealerships are doing the same thing. Waiting list with no money down.
Same here... My local dealership (Atlanta area) just took my name down and did not need any deposit. I was told that I was number 6 on the their list (I contacted them on Friday the 25th).

The salesman believed they would begin taking orders next spring.
Old 3/27/05, 11:49 AM
Bullitt Member

OK so you are on the "waiting list" but................. What if the car comes in and the dealership gouges you like $5,000 over MSRP or the production cars looks have changed to something you don't like?? Then what?? What are your alternatives?? Drop out or what?? I would be happy to get on the "list" too, but think before you jump :scratch:
Old 3/27/05, 12:10 PM
Cobra Member

I'll cross that bridge when that times comes. I have a good relationship with my salesguy. Probably doesn't mean much but we'll see. This is the reason why I'm didn't order a 05. I really wanted one. However, If I were to trade an 05 in for the GT-500, I'm sure the dealer would give me a lousy trade in value. "Good things come for those who wait".
Old 3/27/05, 12:18 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by jwenger@March 27, 2005, 12:52 PM
OK so you are on the "waiting list" but................. What if the car comes in and the dealership gouges you like $5,000 over MSRP or the production cars looks have changed to something you don't like?? Then what?? What are your alternatives?? Drop out or what?? I would be happy to get on the "list" too, but think before you jump :scratch:
Just because you are on a waiting list, doesn't mean you are required to purchase, especially if you don't have any money down.
Old 3/27/05, 12:34 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Someone enlighten me please. I read on various forums guys are talking with their dealers about the GT500. I was under the impression the SVT vechicles were only sold through SVT dealers? Right or wrong?
Old 3/27/05, 02:04 PM
V6 Member

Originally posted by jwenger@March 27, 2005, 1:52 PM
Dude, what are you talking about? All we did was put our names on a list so that we will be contacted when the dealer can begin accepting our orders. I still haven't made up my mind whether or not I'll buy it (the price will definitely be a deciding factor). But that's the point, I don't have to make that decision right now, all we have asked our dealers to do is contact us first when they are ready to take deposits.

I gave them no money and I have no obligation to order when the dealer calls me back.

So what is there to think about? :scratch: ...you can't lose anything.
Old 3/27/05, 04:31 PM
Banned

Wonder if I can get it below Sticker when it comes out... At http://www.samsclubauto.com/ they were selling 05' GT's for 2-3K under sticker when dealers would not budge. Hopefully they will sell the new Cobra and I can get it for under 35K!

Look for yourself. They are selling hot cars below sticker!

Anybody look into this besides me?
Old 3/27/05, 05:02 PM
GTR Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Thanks Nick, that's something to look into.
Old 3/27/05, 06:23 PM
Cobra Member

ThunderRoad,
The SVT dealers are at certain FORD dealerships.
Old 3/27/05, 06:24 PM
Cobra Member

ThunderRoad,
The SVT dealers are at certain FORD dealerships.
Old 3/27/05, 08:35 PM
Cobra R Member

The dealer I am on the waiting list, but not obligated to buy, with is an SVT dealer. They were going to let me buy a limited edition mustang, only 40 made, with X-plan so I'm pretty sure they can at least do MSRP with the Shelby. Besides they have told me many times they like to take care of military people.

Besides, as stated above, if Ford decides to go nuts and jack the price up to 50+ on the Shelby I can always go somewhere else or buy a different mustang. You are not locked in to anything just by putting your name on the waiting list...not buying list.
Old 3/28/05, 09:15 AM
Bullitt Member

OK if what you say is right I am calling 3 different dealers in the Atlanta area to get on there respective waiting lists. That would give me a better shot at a better price. Only thing is when the finalized production car comes out that "5%" change should just be 18" rims instead of 19". If they dump the whipple twin screw S/C for a crappy Eaton or muck it up some other way then NO deal. I'm out
Old 3/28/05, 09:30 AM
V6 Member

Originally posted by jwenger@March 28, 2005, 11:18 AM
OK if what you say is right I am calling 3 different dealers in the Atlanta area to get on there respective waiting lists. That would give me a better shot at a better price. Only thing is when the finalized production car comes out that "5%" change should just be 18" rims instead of 19". If they dump the whipple twin screw S/C for a crappy Eaton or muck it up some other way then NO deal. I'm out
There you go...it's best to be on a call back list so you may have some chance of purchasing it next year. Otherwise, you might not have an opportunity (due to the high demand/low production)
Old 3/28/05, 09:04 PM

Hey all,

Just thought you might find this interesting, I got a number #1 spot for notification (or so I think) from one svt dealer in Virginia. However, another dealer in the same area wants a $1000 dollar deposit to get on a "exclusive" 5 person list. Is that illegal? or is it up to the dealership? Would anyone here do that? It seemed a little suspect after reading all of your posts... any feelings on that? Any car dealers care to comment?
Old 3/28/05, 09:06 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Does the $1000 go toward the car purchase. I'd probably do it if it did and was refundable. You never know what will happen.

I'm already #1 on the list elsewhere.
Old 3/29/05, 05:11 PM

My Atlanta dealer said they will not charge over MSRP.

As far as paying a deposit, I suppose a first time buyer at a dealership with a deposit will be handled before a first time buyer without a deposit, regardless when names were put on the list. I would hope once a dealership starts taking deposits, they call everyone on their "list" and give the listees the rules concerning deposits and their place in line.

Some dealers don't require deposits from good past customers.
Old 3/29/05, 05:15 PM
GTR Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My local dealer said that once they have info and a price on the car, they start calling people on the list. Once you get the call, they want $1000 deposit to hold your spot.

Quick Reply: Waiting List