Notices
Aftermarket 2005+ Mustangs Discuss the Offerings from Roush, Saleen, Steeda, Shinoda, and Others

Suspension questions?

Old 9/14/13, 08:20 AM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Suspension questions?

I have a 2006 roush mustang w/the m90 inner cooled charger. I also added 2.4 pulley, jlt intake, stainless headers and x pipe with a custom tune with sniper soft ware. I need advice on suspension and brakes. I am unable to afford new calipers but wanted advice for rotors and pads. Also anything suspension related to lay down the power, having a hard time not breaking loose in 2nd gear ?
Old 9/14/13, 05:31 PM
Post *****

Liked 146 Times in 131 Posts
stock rotors with some hawk brake pads. can't go to wrog there. Big fan of Koni shocks and struts. Does your car have lowering springs on it already??
Old 9/16/13, 10:07 AM
Bullitt Member

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Check your rear lower control arms. If you have a Roush Stage 2 or Stage 3 suspension on the car, your lower control arms (LCA) are probably higher at the rear...where they attach to the rear axle, than they are at the front. For better traction, they should be at the very least level and preferably a little lower at the rear attachment point. You will need LCA relocation brackets...which give you a series of holes to attach the LCA to and lower the attachment point. This will give you better rear grip. I have installed BMR lowering brackets and they work beautifully.

http://www.bmrsuspension.com/?page=p...id=21&catid=72

Need more info on what brakes and suspension you have now for suggestions for braking and traction improvement.