Aftermarket 2005+ Mustangs Discuss the Offerings from Roush, Saleen, Steeda, Shinoda, and Others

Street Scenes 2005 SEMA Mustang

Search this Thread

Old 7/22/05, 12:23 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by gt5000@July 22, 2005, 2:31 PM
OOOOMMMMGGGGGGG What rims are those, and what size are they, they look perfect!!!!. What tires are they on? Please i need info on those rims for gods sake they are perfect. The rims in rrobello comment.
WildChic's ride
20" Boyd Coddington Smoothies
Old 7/22/05, 12:30 AM
Mach 1 Member

Well Im not sure if you want ideas for your show car or you want ideas for the car that will be sold to the masses also
anyway as far as an all out show car for SEMA or whatever show you attend, I havent seen any chops of it but maybe lowering the windshield glass by maybe 6 inches kind of a chopped look. Maybe an Air Ride suspension. And all I have to say about the body kit for the car is to try to make something that looks like it belongs and doesnt detract from the overall look of the car kinda like
"I dont know exactly what it is about that car.....but I LIKE IT!!"
Old 7/22/05, 12:40 PM
TMS West Coast Correspondent

I agree with the subtlety thing, and I was going to also recomend chopping the windshield and doing something like what Chip Foose did with his Speedbird, that looked very clean and stock, I know you cant sell that but if you do it for just this car for show purposes it will look so good it will highlight the products on it you can sell. For a toneau (spelling????) cover it would look good with something with fiber glass like the one below, but I think it would look better with nothing, it looks more like a classic that way.....You know what would be way sick.....a retractable hard top....just food for thought for future use.

Old 7/22/05, 04:14 PM
Team Mustang Source Legacy Member

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
Body Kit:
- No cheap looking mesh grilles made from expanded metal.
- No HUGE opening in the front fascia like EVERYONE else has... including every Honda kit made in the last 10 years. It's getting old.
- Most importantly, the kit needs to look like it's factory. Not an afterthought. Most of the kits out there look like they just couldn't come up with anything better and settled on the rice look.
-Side skirts that look like they belong on the car would be a BIG improvement over what EVERY aftermarket company offers. (with the exception of 3D Carbon... too bad you have to buy fender flares to go with them)
- Everyone else is goign for the road racer look. Bigger isn't always better. Don't over do it. Don't be everyone else.

Grille: The black (anti-bling) billet grille is a good idea, but don't put the bars close together like a pickup truck or a little rice burner. (See the '66 Shelby for a good style) It's too common and looks terrible anyway.

Pedals: Something that doesn't look like it was picked up at Pep Boys (i.e. Steeda & Roush) and most importantly, include a dead pedal.

Performance mods: Anything that increases low-end torue more than high end torque. The Mustang won't ever truly be a muscle car again until it gets it's low end torque back.

Rear spoiler: Have you looked at a 68 Shelby GT500 convertible lately? That is one bad*** looking car. (best of all, no one has done one yet)

Headlights: Get rid of those stupid looking covers so the buckets can be painted.

Interior:
- Reverse the tach & speedo
- Seat inserts sounded like a pretty good idea.
- Don't over do it.

Hood: Stay away from the concept style. It's already been done. It'll just look like you're copying them even if you do it better.

Wheels: Sticking with the "No-Rice" theme, no deep dish and nothing bigger than 19's.

Springs: I'd like to see a kit that lowers the car so that it sits level. Once again, this is something no one else offers. (On a side note, I say springs because air bags would be more than I'd be willing to spend)

Faux Gas Cap: I like the idea of a replacement like what what mentioned above... if it's smaller than stock.

In the end, I think the things to keep in mind when choosing any designs are #1. Anti-Bling, and #2. no rice.

PS: No Logos.
Old 7/22/05, 08:24 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
"I'm working on the body kit at this moment. We are well on our way with the new kit along with some new extra parts that I cant show you yet but other than Street Scene items what would you put on the car? If I like your suggestion and it goes with our theme, Ill put the products you suggest on the car..."

I definately have ideas, mostly retro, which I can't get enough of, but if you've already started on the body kit, then your direction is already set. As far as whether our ideas go with your theme, why not tell us what your theme is, and we'll add to it with our ideas. There are probably a lot of imaginative ideas expressed for naught here if you already have a theme in mind, and it's already commited to fiberglass. Help us out! BTW, loved your last car, and intend to purchase your ducktail.
Old 7/22/05, 11:17 PM

Originally posted by StangNut@July 22, 2005, 4:17 PM
Body Kit:
- No cheap looking mesh grilles made from expanded metal.
- No HUGE opening in the front fascia like EVERYONE else has... including every Honda kit made in the last 10 years. It's getting old.
- Most importantly, the kit needs to look like it's factory. Not an afterthought. Most of the kits out there look like they just couldn't come up with anything better and settled on the rice look.
-Side skirts that look like they belong on the car would be a BIG improvement over what EVERY aftermarket company offers. (with the exception of 3D Carbon... too bad you have to buy fender flares to go with them)
- Everyone else is goign for the road racer look. Bigger isn't always better. Don't over do it. Don't be everyone else.

Grille: The black (anti-bling) billet grille is a good idea, but don't put the bars close together. (See the '66 Shelby) It's too common and looks terrible anyway.

Pedals: Something that doesn't look like it was picked up at Pep Boys (i.e. Steeda & Roush) and most importantly, include a dead pedal.

Performance mods: Anything that increases low-end torue more than high end torque. The Mustang won't ever truly be a muscle car again until it gets it's low end torque back.

Rear spoiler: Have you looked at a 68 Shelby GT500 convertible lately? That is one bad*** looking car. (best of all, no one has done one yet)

Headlights: Get rid of those stupid looking covers so the buckets can be painted.

Interior:
- Reverse the tach & speedo
- Seat inserts sounded like a pretty good idea.
- Don't over do it.

Hood: Stay away from the concept style. It's already been done. It'll just look like you're copying them even if you do it better.

Wheels: Sticking with the "No-Rice" theme, no deep dish and nothing bigger than 19's.

Springs: I'd like to see a kit that lowers the car so that it sits level. Once again, this is something no one else offers. (On a side note, I say springs because air bags would be more than I'd be willing to spend)

Faux Gas Cap: I like the idea of a replacement like what what mentioned above... if it's smaller than stock.

In the end, I think the things to keep in mind when choosing any designs are #1. Anti-Bling, and #2. no rice.

PS: No Logos.
Did you read mine....I totally agree with a lot of the stuff you are saying but then again I already said that....lol...

Totally agree with the 3D Carbon side skirts the only thing they got right on the car (the hoods ok) but not only do you have to get the wide fenders but you need the whole darn kit to make it fit

I agree on the grill, dont like too many bars, its too busy

I disagree with the hood I think that the hood would be best looking like a better version of the concept more like the Shelby GT500 from 67-68

Wheels, deep dish is sick, deeper in the back and not so deep up front, 19s in the back with some fat meat on it like 315s, why should the vipers have all the fun and 18s up front to give it that muscle car look

Springs....everyone is leveling out the car, I dont know what your talking about the stage 1 roush and the 281 saleen only have the back dropped and not the front so it does level out the car and everyone I have seen so far that has dropped their car has dropped the back more than the front leveling it out, while it looks good, it looks too modern street racer, I like the stance the car came with and drop the front more than the back to exagerate the look even more, but we are talking about a vert here so it might not work as well looks wise.

Faux Gas Cap...smaller???? it would look out of place and thus ricey if it were smaller, total after thought.

I agree with no logos but hey why not play with the SuperSnake/Street Scene similarity....GT350SS or 500SS?????Just a thought.

Here are some pics of a 1968 1/2 Shelby GT500KR I took yesterday and my car next to it, this is what we should be shooting for here....

by itself.....
http://surfnsocal.com/gallery/Rods-and-Woo...-7-21-05?page=2

with my car....
http://surfnsocal.com/gallery/Rods-and-Woo...-7-21-05?page=9

GT350H fastbacks.....
http://surfnsocal.com/gallery/Rods-and-Woo...-7-21-05?page=2

68 GT350 Fastback....
http://surfnsocal.com/gallery/Rods-and-Woo...-7-21-05?page=4
http://surfnsocal.com/gallery/Rods-and-Woo...-7-21-05?page=5

classic vert for some ideas....
http://surfnsocal.com/gallery/Rods-and-Woo...-7-21-05?page=1

notice the hood vents and the how the scoops take up most of the hood and are right up front
Old 7/22/05, 11:50 PM
Mach 1 Member

One thing about the hood, though. I really like the RKsport California Dream hood, but I think it's a little too high. If you look at the concept hood, or the GT500 hood(Red Concept) they don't bulge much. I think the hood should have vents or extractors while still looking simple without bulge. Maybe recessed extractors to keep the clean lines of the hood. Just an idea.
Old 7/23/05, 01:14 AM

I like the buldge, makes the car look more agressive and livens up the front end, also allows more room for that nice twin screw whipple that I will be bolting on.
Old 7/23/05, 02:02 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by rrobello@July 23, 2005, 1:17 AM
I like the buldge...
I bet ya do... j/k
Old 7/23/05, 02:07 AM

Originally posted by FireDragon@July 23, 2005, 2:05 AM
I bet ya do... j/k

HAHAHAHA.....I have my car. LOL.
Old 7/23/05, 02:11 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by rrobello@July 23, 2005, 2:10 AM
HAHAHAHA.....I have my car. LOL.
Dolt!!! wn3d:
Old 7/23/05, 02:22 AM

Originally posted by FireDragon@July 23, 2005, 2:14 AM
Dolt!!! wn3d:
Dolt???? Do you mean D'OH???? Oh well back to topic, lets not ruin this thread its a good one.
Old 7/23/05, 10:52 AM
Mach 1 Member

Yeah, just go ahead and delete those last few posts. "Dolt" yeah maybe that's my version hEHe. Lil buzzed up last night.

Anyway, This 68's hood is kinda what I was trying to describe:

It's a shame there is no way to get "hips" from a body kit. This is something that would definitely add to the stang's looks

By the way, how extensive is the body kit going to be? Is it going to be more like the last kit or more major involving the hood, front clip, etc.?
Old 7/23/05, 11:59 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by Blk'05@July 22, 2005, 12:26 AM
WildChic's ride
20" Boyd Coddington Smoothies
What tires are on her ride, any more pics of it, is the car lowered. THey don't look like 20's more like 19's but dam they look fine, how they dont say boyd coddiington on the centercaps. thanks
Old 7/23/05, 12:55 PM
Team Mustang Source Legacy Member

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
rrobello,
Yes, I got some of the ideas from you and others. It's hard to think of everything I'd like to change.

I think Firedragon has the right idea on the hood. I don't like the California Dream or concept hoods because the scoops are too far forward.

On the stance, I was actually only thinking of Steeda, Eibach, and the spring manufacturer's out there. None of those level the car. I hadn't heard Saleen and Roush were only lowering the rear. Either way, all the Saleen's I've seen that were level were their show cars. The ones they actually sell still have a rake to the stance.

As for the deep dish wheels giving a muscle car look, I have to disagree and that's the reason I don't like them. They give a car an anti-muscle car look. Classic meuscle cars didn't have deep dish wheels. Drag cars maybe. The deep dish wheels being put on the '05 are a modern rice thing.

With the logos, I meant no manufacturer's logos. I'm all for Mustang and Shelby emblems.

With the gas gap, you're the first person I've ever heard that didn't think it was oversized.

Thanks for the GT500KR pics. That's what a ducktail spoiler is supposed to look like.
Old 7/23/05, 12:57 PM

Originally posted by gt5000@July 23, 2005, 12:02 PM
What tires are on her ride, any more pics of it, is the car lowered. THey don't look like 20's more like 19's but dam they look fine, how they dont say boyd coddiington on the centercaps. thanks
don't know what tires are on hers, but they are 20's I do have some more pics of them on her car let me see if I can find them....they do say boyd coddington on them its just engraved and not painted so you cant tell all that much on the brushed wheel....why not PM her shes on here and hangs a lot on SoCalStangs.com and Mustangforums.com
Old 7/23/05, 01:10 PM

here are some more pics of her car....

http://us.f3.yahoofs.com/users/41ec7069zc3...hPkp4CBuOs_4EFp
and heres her cardomain...
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/825347
Old 7/23/05, 01:53 PM

Originally posted by StangNut@July 23, 2005, 12:58 PM
rrobello,
Yes, I got some of the ideas from you and others. It's hard to think of everything I'd like to change.

I think Firedragon has the right idea on the hood. I don't like the California Dream or concept hoods because the scoops are too far forward.

As for the deep dish wheels giving a muscle car look, that's the reason I don't like them. They give a car an anti-muscle car look. Classic meuscle cars didn't have deep dish wheels. Drag cars maybe. The deep dish wheels being put on the '05 are a modern rice thing.

With the logos, I meant no manufacturer's logos. I'm all for Mustang and Shelby emblems.

With the gas gap, you're the first person I've ever heard that didn't think it was oversized.

Thanks for the GT500KR pics. That's what a ducktail spoiler is supposed to look like.
Well we all have our own oppinions I actually like the hood that Firedragon posted, I think it would look awesome on a vert, keeps everything subtle, but the RK hoodscoops are not foward enough, look at the 68 Shelby GT500KR and GT350 I posted, thats what I want for the coupe.

Deep dish if its not your thing great but its not rice, ricers cant fit truely deepdish wheels on their cars, I know my friend has tried, he rolled his fenders and stretched his tires and still only got about an inch lip, deepdish is race car looks, but I am personally not shooting for a remake of a 60's Mustang I am trying to enhance what Ford did and mix and match the best features from previous models w/ a modern look, so deep dish works for me, although on a vert I think I would go w/ a non deepdish rally style wheels that probably to most people would be considered plain and boring.
These are deepdish just not in the modern sense, its layered as it goes in....

rice...I think not....old school yes....

The gas cap if oversized is only so by maybe a few cms at most, I like the oldschool look of the original gas caps and they were pretty big (in comparison to the amount of space on the rear of the trunklid, if they were identical I think the trunk on the 05 would look empty; this new rear end is wider and taller). And again concur no company logos, sorry Mike put your companies name on the inside of parts indescretely if you must but no name branding on anything visible please.

something like this would look cool on a vert....

an interior scheme like this and a leather top cover instead of a fiberglass toneau cover....

(although I think reversing the seat colors would look better here)
oh yeah this is it....

this would look good on the side fenders, you could just drop the 2+2 thing and perhaps add an SS for Street Scene for SEMA or leave it blank

this is very nice.....wheels look good, try this grill and just drop the fogs to the lower section of the new front fascia, it would be sweet.....

wheel ideas (although any of the wheels on any of these cars would look awesome with a modern feel to them, ie. make them truelly spoked wheels by cutting out the black areas on the old ones so you can see the brakes instead of painted black wheel sections.)

these are my favorites for a vert....

heres what it a vert should look like

yeah I know a couple of those arent verts, they just have vinyl lining on the roofs, but you get the idea....

OK I better stop otherwise this page will take days to load, man I could do this all day what fun.....anyone want to give me a job coming up with ideas on what a car should look like??????
Old 7/23/05, 02:29 PM
Mach 1 Member

Maybe something like the Clay Model for the "I" beams between the grill and headlight:

And how about this hood rrobello, although the red vert you posted above is my personal fav. for hoods:

Also, people are having a hard time finding a good place for hood pins on the RKsport hood, so maybe pin placement should be considered in designing a new hood.
Old 7/23/05, 02:42 PM

Originally posted by FireDragon@July 23, 2005, 2:32 PM
Maybe something like the Clay Model for the "I" beams between the grill and headlight:

And how about this hood rrobello, although the red vert you posted above is my personal fav. for hoods:

Also, people are having a hard time finding a good place for hood pins on the RKsport hood, so maybe pin placement should be considered in designing a new hood.
yeah totally agree, I like the more agressive stance of those "I" beams and how they are angled a bit, somthing like the 07 Cobra would be tight, I would be buying that front end as soon as it came out if it wasnt for SVT mucking it up and placing the fogs in the fascia under the headlamps....

and the first time I saw that drawing, I started asking where and when I could order one, definately what they should do on the next make over...add hips and stretch that roofline all the way back like they did in 67-68, but yes I love that hood and hood pins is a good thing to plan on too....need to hold this hood down when I hit those high speeds.

you know what also would be sick....redoing the side mirrors somthing like a slightly larger version of the cone shape one Foose put on Eleanor, but definately larger so it matches up with the size of this car, looked great on Eleanor but might look too small and out of place just to change it out, needs to be specific to this car, that and painted instead of billet would keep it modern....

Quick Reply: Street Scenes 2005 SEMA Mustang