Aftermarket 2005+ Mustangs Discuss the Offerings from Roush, Saleen, Steeda, Shinoda, and Others

SPOTTED SHELBY IN THE WILD

Search this Thread

Old 6/6/05, 11:36 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I saw one in the wild yesterday, driving home from the Desert on the 15 Freeway just south of Barstow at about 2:40pm. I saw the red and white Shelby coming up the 15 north bound. I was WHOOO and turned my head to see the duckbill and glint off the chrome Shelby letters on the back of the cobra.

I wonder where it was going too ?
Old 6/6/05, 08:51 PM
Bullitt Member

Sorry, but I gotta do it

Old 6/6/05, 09:29 PM
V6 Member

And this did not warrant, in your opinion, a full Starsy & Hutch u-turn and chase?

Exciting news!
Old 6/6/05, 09:32 PM
Big Falken Tires

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by sonic98gt@June 6, 2005, 9:32 PM
And this did not warrant, in your opinion, a full Starsy & Hutch u-turn and chase?

Exciting news!
MY SENTIMENTS exactly

Heck I have done that down here when I see a slightly modded GT and wanna talk to the driver (both times, by the time I was able to find a spot to bang a uturn, I lost 'em.....
Old 6/6/05, 09:54 PM
TMS West Coast Correspondent

uhhmmm....sorry to be the one to ask this but do they have two? I thought Ford only had the one so far and it was just at the Carlisle show yesterday how did it get to Cali over night? Not to be the kill joy... but maybe someone beat everyone else to the punch and created their own clone...if you did see what you say you saw.
Old 6/6/05, 11:19 PM
GT Member

Maybe Ford has more, they are probably testing them making sure there is no problems. My friend saw some 05 Mustangs last year in the canyons on Southern California before they were on sale.
Old 6/7/05, 12:38 AM

hmmm interesting...may be true since Shelby is located in LA, but where are they making the Cobra?...I thought they were making them at the same plant with the rest of the stangs...where is SVT located anyway?
Old 6/7/05, 10:12 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by NosferatuVI@June 6, 2005, 10:39 AM
I saw one in the wild yesterday, driving home from the Desert on the 15 Freeway just south of Barstow at about 2:40pm. I saw the red and white Shelby coming up the 15 north bound. I was WHOOO and turned my head to see the duckbill and glint off the chrome Shelby letters on the back of the cobra.

I wonder where it was going too ?
uh huh....I saw that too.Then the alarm went off and woke me up.
Old 6/7/05, 11:01 AM
Bullitt Member

Maybe that's a good sign that it will be at the SAAC event at California Speedway next month
Old 6/7/05, 05:40 PM
GT Member

Originally posted by rrobello@June 7, 2005, 12:41 AM
hmmm interesting...may be true since Shelby is located in LA, but where are they making the Cobra?...I thought they were making them at the same plant with the rest of the stangs...where is SVT located anyway?
I don't know where they will make the new cobras but i do know that the main SVT headquarter is located in Dearborn, Michigan.
Old 6/7/05, 05:45 PM
Team Mustang Source

There are more than just the one test mule, they're all being built at AAI, and I know, worthless with out pics!! But I'm not doing that again!!!

A whole group of them (more than 2, less than a dozen) are out there somewheres, testing and going to the various shows.
Old 6/7/05, 08:29 PM

Maybe that was a GT500 or not..( very intelligent from my part… "Einstein" :bang: ) , because is very possible confuse a GT with products Aftermarked throughout.

It is curious, they have not extracted the front of the GT500 in mustang parts or yes ?

Really I know someone is doing everything for having it this front fascia Shelby GT500. Since it´s this for buying a supercharger ready now.

Not mattering for "him" ; neither the guarantee or nothing....

Only he wants a Super Car with name "X" ( maybe "King Cobra" :yes: )

but Ford Mustang 05 SC with Front fascia Shelby GT500 ( no Fascia GT-R concept aftermarked.)

Regards.
Old 6/8/05, 12:02 AM

they do a lot of testing out there in the middle of no where especially out at the bonneville salt flats...Ive heard of many manufatuers doing tests out that way for privacy reasons and great open roads and even for tv or photo shoots cuz it looks good and conveniant...but I still want proof....my question though is how come the car was at Carlisle and not Knotts
Old 6/8/05, 10:33 AM
Bullitt Member

the Cobra was coming up North on the other side of the freeway doing at least 80, I was going south and he had just popped up over a small rise, so I only had about 5 seconds total to see it. And the next off ramp where I could turn around was a good 1/4 of a mile, and to boot I was in the wife's Tundra, loaded down with weapons and ammo/ gear etc coming back from shooting in the desert.

(last thing I would need to get pulled over for speeding while chasing a new Cobra while heavily armed....)

Shelby's office and main building is less then 1,000 feet away from my office. But the only thing I see there most times is the Goodyear racing semi's. I think they move most of the cars at night, because during the morning or early evening I barely see any activity there at all.
Old 6/8/05, 03:19 PM
Bullitt Member

Why would they bring a concept car on the road where everyone could see seems to not make any sence to me they usually have concept cars guarded where it is nearly impossable to see them. Usually if they bring a car like that on the road they have it covered with crap where it is hard to know what it is this is why you keep your camera with you at all times.
Old 6/8/05, 03:22 PM
Bullitt Member

Wait your office is near the place where shelbys office is and you dont bring a camera with you that is crazy if i was that close i would keep a camera with me at all times.
Old 6/8/05, 03:29 PM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by iceman241@June 8, 2005, 5:22 PM
Why would they bring a concept car on the road where everyone could see seems to not make any sence to me they usually have concept cars guarded where it is nearly impossable to see them. Usually if they bring a car like that on the road they have it covered with crap where it is hard to know what it is this is why you keep your camera with you at all times.

why would they cover it up? it's already been revealed and you have seen lots of pictures of it from car shows. I think seeing it on the road would just build excitment (not that it doesn't have enough of that already)
Old 6/8/05, 03:37 PM

you also need to understand that that particular stretch of freeway is pretty much out in nowhere as far as SoCal is concerned not too many other options as far as being remote out here
Old 6/8/05, 03:41 PM
Bullitt Member

Yes i know it has been revealed but seeing pictures of it and on the road are 2 different things does anyone know of anybody who has seen a concept car with nothing on it out in the open like he said he saw its like spotting big foot very rare and makes you sound crazy that is why everyone says bring proof and take a picture.
Old 6/8/05, 03:52 PM
Bullitt Member

And when did the freeway become out in the middle of nowhere?

Quick Reply: SPOTTED SHELBY IN THE WILD