Notices
Aftermarket 2005+ Mustangs Discuss the Offerings from Roush, Saleen, Steeda, Shinoda, and Others

Should I wait fir the gt500

Old 3/9/06, 06:28 AM
V6 Member

Recieved 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ok.. An idea .. Should I wait like all the rest for the convertible gt500 which could be at least 6months to a year ( even though my dealer tells me that i have first shot at the gt 500 when he gets it for like 60k) or buy a convertible with like 400 miles on it then take the ride to cervini's in jersey and have them get busy with it and save about 15k..... plus i will have my ride for the summer. And a dam fast car. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/dunno.gif[/img]
Old 3/9/06, 06:51 AM
Mach 1 Member

Recieved 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well, when you get your convertible in six months, it will be september. Assuming that you live in Jersey, that mean that you won't get much in the way of quality convertible fun. If you are absolutely in love with everything about the GT500, then you may want to just buy it and wait until next spring to go topless. I might be inclined, however, to skip the GT500 and its potentially crippling price, and buy the GT and custumize it to my exact liking.
If you think you'll be paying $60k for the shelby, which is probably an over-estimate (i hope), you'll get a lot more bang for your buck by buying the cheaper car and putting into it what you want. The shelby is a great car, but I don’t think paying that much over msrp is worth it. You can spend all the saved $$$ on making the GT your perfect car.