Aftermarket 2005+ Mustangs Discuss the Offerings from Roush, Saleen, Steeda, Shinoda, and Others

Shelby by SVT for real or rumor

Search this Thread

Old 3/19/05 | 08:23 PM
Bullitt Member

shelby sure as heck didnt save chrysler in the 80's

the minivan did
Old 3/19/05 | 08:30 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally posted by Hitman#1+March 19, 2005, 9:55 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Hitman#1 @ March 19, 2005, 9:55 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-crazyhorse@March 19, 2005, 9:30 PM
I want a Shelby if it is as awesome as I think it will be. I don't want it to honor the man. I want it to honor the CAR. Regardless of anyones feelings about Carroll, they cannot deny the mark the cars left on Mustang history. The Mach 1 has been honored, the BOSS will get its day. Its the Shelby cars turn. Why is this such a problem for some of you guys. Get over the Dodges, chilis and lawsuits. It is the CAR that matters.
Hello, McFly, is there anyone at home?

It's the car that matters? Why, then, have the Shelby name on it at all? Just make it look like a GT 350 or GT 500 and add those badges to it and leave the Shelby name off of it.

If Ford uses the Shelby name, they will be banking on the nostalgia of it in hopes that some dreamy eyed slob with Shelby stars in his eyes will drop an extra $10k on a Mustang just so he can have wet dreams about Shelby and himself sharing the spotlight after winning the big race.

Of course in order to do that, you're going to have to put down your pee-pee and drive with both hands on the wheel.
[/b][/quote]
Did you read the post? I'm Talking about the 60's Shelbys as the car that matters and not C Shelby.

Should they have made the Mach 1 look like a Mach 1 and leave the name off? That is totally rediculous. The point is to pay homage to a great car.

The Bottom line- If you don't like it, don't buy it.
Old 3/19/05 | 08:31 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally posted by O5GT@March 19, 2005, 10:26 PM

the minivan did
Actually, that is true. Thank Lee Iacocca (Former Mustang Great) for that one.
Old 3/19/05 | 08:38 PM
V6 Member

Originally posted by O5GT@March 19, 2005, 9:26 PM

the minivan did
That is correct.
Old 3/19/05 | 08:41 PM
AKA 1 BULLITT------------ Legacy TMS Member

Originally posted by Q`res@March 19, 2005, 10:23 PM
... My only problem is with the wholly indefensible attitude that SVT is somehow more worthy to be on a Mustang than Shelby...
They are. The have certainly earned it, and not just for the Cobra but for the imput on the other SVTs, SEs, Ford GT, and the '05s. Shelby does deserve credit, but what he did has been done and improved by the likes of Roush and Steeda. Shelby's time is passe. He is like some 50's groups singing songs in PBS.
Old 3/19/05 | 08:51 PM
Team Mustang Source

Once again, it isn't about who is more deserving. SVT is great. I am going to buy whatever they put out. I don't see their name not being on the Cobra. If it happens to be a Shelby, wonderful. I'll have a car that harkens back to the DNA it posesses from its 60s shelby forefathers. This is not unlike the Mach1 and Bullitt. The Cobra name alone is from those cars. (yeah, I know, the AC Cobra was first, but, that isn't where the SVT Cobra got its name).

I agree, I think it would be wrong to absolve SVT for Shelby, but, I don't think that is the issue. I think They want to make a Shelby edition car. SVT will make it and live on to make the next SPECIAL VEHICLE that their name stands for.
Old 3/19/05 | 08:58 PM

Originally posted by Q`res@March 19, 2005, 10:23 PM
And, just for clarity. I'd like the car whether it was a SVT Cobra or a Shelby GT500 if it's the same car underneath (and neither was ugly/overwrought). My only problem is with the wholly indefensible attitude that SVT is somehow more worthy to be on a Mustang than Shelby...
I won't bother to respond to your other bloated meanderings, I will only say I use sarcasm to underline the flaws in your reasoning. Try to apply your meager mental faculties a little more precisely next time, M'kay? Shelby was a great man in his day, but nowadays he has become nothing more than a money grubbing slug, looking to capitalize on somebody else's engineering and design by slapping his name on it. I say let him buy base cars from Ford and do his own thing, JUST LIKE JACK ROUSH AND STEVE SALEEN DO. Then he can put his name all over it and then you and the other Shelby nut-swingers can go and pay homage to your hero by plunking down your hard earned cash. Nuff Said!
Old 3/19/05 | 09:14 PM
V6 Member

Originally posted by Hitman#1+March 19, 2005, 10:01 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Hitman#1 @ March 19, 2005, 10:01 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-Q`res@March 19, 2005, 10:23 PM
And, just for clarity. I'd like the car whether it was a SVT Cobra or a Shelby GT500 if it's the same car underneath (and neither was ugly/overwrought). My only problem is with the wholly indefensible attitude that SVT is somehow more worthy to be on a Mustang than Shelby...
I won't bother to respond to your other bloated meanderings, I will only say I use sarcasm to underline the flaws in your reasoning. Try to apply your meager mental faculties a little more precisely next time, M'kay? Shelby was a great man in his day, but nowadays he has become nothing more than a money grubbing slug, looking to capitalize on somebody else's engineering and design by slapping his name on it. I say let him buy base cars from Ford and do his own thing, JUST LIKE JACK ROUSH AND STEVE SALEEN DO. Then he can put his name all over it, and you and the other Shelby nut-swingers can go and pay homage to your hero by plunking down your hard earned cash. Nuff Said!
[/b][/quote]

Thats what I've said in another thread. If Shelby does not build his own cars in-house like Saleen and Roush its not really a Shelby Mustang, more like a Shelby edition, and that IMO holds no weight.
Old 3/19/05 | 09:23 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by 1 BULLITT+March 19, 2005, 9:44 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(1 BULLITT @ March 19, 2005, 9:44 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-Q`res@March 19, 2005, 10:23 PM
... My only problem is with the wholly indefensible attitude that SVT is somehow more worthy to be on a Mustang than Shelby...
They are. The have certainly earned it, and not just for the Cobra but for the imput on the other SVTs, SEs, Ford GT, and the '05s. Shelby does deserve credit, but what he did has been done and improved by the likes of Roush and Steeda. Shelby's time is passe. He is like some 50's groups singing songs in PBS.
[/b][/quote]
Whoa there, SVT is certainly worthy of having their name on a Mustang (hey, I suggested they have their name on a Shelby). Never said they weren't but as worthy as Shelby? That might be pushing it more than a little. Other than the Boss cars I'm not sure there is a Mustang on the same level as a Shelby. The Mach 1 and Cobra R are close though, IMO.
Old 3/19/05 | 09:26 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by Hitman#1@March 19, 2005, 10:01 PM
I won't bother to respond to your other bloated meanderings, I will only say I use sarcasm to underline the flaws in your reasoning. Try to apply your meager mental faculties a little more precisely next time, M'kay? Shelby was a great man in his day, but nowadays he has become nothing more than a money grubbing slug, looking to capitalize on somebody else's engineering and design by slapping his name on it. I say let him buy base cars from Ford and do his own thing, JUST LIKE JACK ROUSH AND STEVE SALEEN DO. Then he can put his name all over it and then you and the other Shelby nut-swingers can go and pay homage to your hero by plunking down your hard earned cash. Nuff Said!
heh "Meager mental faculties" hmmm? lol I caught the sarcasm, the problem is what flaw you think it's underlining...
Ok then, I guess you'll just have to spell it out to me. As the only rebuttal you can seem to make is that Carroll Shelby isn't a good guy. Yippee for you.
Old 3/19/05 | 09:29 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by anaki@March 19, 2005, 10:17 PM
Thats what I've said in another thread. If Shelby does not build his own cars in-house like Saleen and Roush its not really a Shelby Mustang, more like a Shelby edition, and that IMO holds no weight.
Now that's a reasonable argument. Out of curiousity, if Shelby actually does some work on the car (his company I mean, not Carroll) would you view it differently? Assuming it's not Saleen/Roush level work, but still significant. Let's say final assembly, putting on some of the body panels, dropping the engines in (but with SVT doing the actual engine work), and maybe painting the cars.
Old 3/19/05 | 09:38 PM

Here we are slugging it out, getting all bloody while Shelby and Ford are holding hands and kissing each other on the cheaks. Webster's describes such action as foreplay.

Old 3/19/05 | 09:39 PM
V6 Member

Originally posted by Q`res+March 19, 2005, 10:32 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Q`res @ March 19, 2005, 10:32 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-anaki@March 19, 2005, 10:17 PM
Now that's a reasonable argument. Out of curiousity, if Shelby actually does some work on the car (his company I mean, not Carroll) would you view it differently? Assuming it's not Saleen/Roush level work, but still significant. Let's say final assembly, putting on some of the body panels, dropping the engines in (but with SVT doing the actual engine work), and maybe painting the cars.
[/b][/quote]

Honestly, yes I would view it much differently, but I would like to see his company perform a larger portion of the engineering. Rather than just signing off on the development and saying yes that works for us and putting the name Shelby on the car.
Old 3/19/05 | 09:41 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally posted by 1 BULLITT@March 19, 2005, 11:41 PM
Here we are slugging it out, getting all bloody while Shelby and Ford are holding hands and kissing each other on the cheaks.

I'm having fun slugging it out. Gotta do something to release the tension while waiting on the big unveiling. IPIE is gone. Might as well argue with somebody.
Old 3/19/05 | 09:45 PM
Cobra Member

In the words of Rodney King, "Can't we all just get along".

I don't really care what the car is called. If it says Cobra, I'll buy it. If it says SVT, I'll buy it. My dealership said if Ford produces around 8,000 Cobras, they should be allocated around 18. That's good news for me. Now if Ford gives me around 450 hp for about $40,000, I'm writing the check.
Old 3/19/05 | 09:45 PM
V6 Member

Originally posted by crazyhorse+March 19, 2005, 10:44 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(crazyhorse @ March 19, 2005, 10:44 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-1 BULLITT@March 19, 2005, 11:41 PM
Here we are slugging it out, getting all bloody while Shelby and Ford are holding hands and kissing each other on the cheaks.

I'm having fun slugging it out. Gotta do something to release the tension while waiting on the big unveiling. IPIE is gone. Might as well argue with somebody.
[/b][/quote]

I don't have any tension nor do I really need to slug it out, I happen to know the truth. Boy its nice to sleep well at nite.
Old 3/19/05 | 09:47 PM
V6 Member

Originally posted by Route 66@March 19, 2005, 10:48 PM
In the words of Rodney King, "Can't we all just get along".

I don't really care what the car is called. If it says Cobra, I'll buy it. If it says SVT, I'll buy it. My dealership said if Ford produces around 8,000 Cobras, they should be allocated around 18. That's good news for me. Now if Ford gives me around 450 hp for about $40,000, I'm writing the check.
You may just get what you ask for.
Old 3/19/05 | 09:48 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally posted by anaki+March 19, 2005, 11:48 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(anaki @ March 19, 2005, 11:48 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'>
Originally posted by crazyhorse@March 19, 2005, 10:44 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-1 BULLITT
@March 19, 2005, 11:41 PM

I don't have any tension nor do I really need to slug it out, I happen to know the truth. Boy its nice to sleep well at nite.
[/b][/quote]
Fair enough, now spill it out and share it with us.

I have read your "there will be a Cobra" posts. What do they mean. Are there 2 cars - 1 Cobra and 1 Shelby?
Old 3/19/05 | 09:53 PM

Originally posted by anaki@March 19, 2005, 11:48 PM
Boy its nice to sleep well at nite.

I am looking for your telly # as we speak.

Old 3/19/05 | 09:57 PM
V6 Member

Originally posted by crazyhorse+March 19, 2005, 10:51 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(crazyhorse @ March 19, 2005, 10:51 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'>
Originally posted by anaki@March 19, 2005, 11:48 PM
Originally posted by crazyhorse@March 19, 2005, 10:44 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-1 BULLITT
@March 19, 2005, 11:41 PM

Fair enough, now spill it out and share it with us.

I have read your "there will be a Cobra" posts. What do they mean. Are there 2 cars - 1 Cobra and 1 Shelby?
[/b][/quote]

I wish I could say, but I made a promise. Pepole have already been fired over some of the leaks made on the internet.

Quick Reply: Shelby by SVT for real or rumor