Aftermarket 2005+ Mustangs Discuss the Offerings from Roush, Saleen, Steeda, Shinoda, and Others

Shelby demand this high?!

Search this Thread

Old 11/2/05, 04:43 AM
Cobra R Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
http://www.shelbyforums.com/forums/s...ead.php?t=2593

Not sure how they count these numbers or how many people are on multiple lists etc. Still it seems like there might be some demand for a powerful, retro vehicle.

I guess GM is glad they have the Cobalt to compete with the Mustang....

Old 11/2/05, 05:19 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I assure you, there will be nowhere near that many made, bought, ordered or even seriously test driven. Maybe if they let every 12-16 yr old kid that is daydreaming drive one, they might get close to that number of test drives (which they won't let them).

The Terminator was nearly as good a deal (35k), with nearly as much HP (many were around 430hp bone stock). They only made about 10 or 11 thousand of those in 2003 MY. There were still some of those on the lots when the 2005 Mustang GTs were hitting the lots (yes, 2003 models). Most of the Terminators were bought well below sticker price.

The new styling and Shelby's name will add some sales, but, be realistic. I'm not sure where they "heard" this from, but, it is purely internet hype. Posting stuff like this only adds to the hype. Be responsible and only post things that are even close to believable.

edit: Milstang, that was intended for the original posters, not you. I realize you are just linking another post. At least I hope you didn't believe that.
Old 11/2/05, 06:04 AM
Bullitt Member

Considering how many Cobras and Cobra Rs have been popping up for sale, I'm definitely guessing there are a lot of folks with gunning for this car.
Old 11/2/05, 07:48 AM
Cobra Member

I certainly don't think Ford will have any issues selling every GT500 they manufacture, however, I don't think 180K is realistic. While they may all be "interested" they can't or wouldn't buy one. Just my $.02
Old 11/2/05, 04:02 PM
Cobra R Member

No I did not believe it that is why I posted it here for all to laugh about. Hence the at the end...in addition to the Cobalt statement.

Yes, there is a demand for the car. No they will not make unlimited numbers of these cars. The new CS6 might even draw some people away from the GT500. It is a respectable car with Shelby's name and cheaper on gas.

I'm staying with the GT500 unless I get booted off the list or something. Then I will just wait on a few more lists and still get the car eventually. I am not going to be one of those idiots tripping over myself to get in the dealership and pay whatever over MSRP.

It is funny to watch some of the threads out there though.

Old 11/2/05, 11:22 PM
Closet American

Originally posted by crazyhorse@November 2, 2005, 5:22 AM

I assure you, there will be nowhere near that many made, bought, ordered or even seriously test driven. Maybe if they let every 12-16 yr old kid that is daydreaming drive one, they might get close to that number of test drives (which they won't let them).

The Terminator was nearly as good a deal (35k), with nearly as much HP (many were around 430hp bone stock). They only made about 10 or 11 thousand of those in 2003 MY. There were still some of those on the lots when the 2005 Mustang GTs were hitting the lots (yes, 2003 models). Most of the Terminators were bought well below sticker price.

The new styling and Shelby's name will add some sales, but, be realistic. I'm not sure where they "heard" this from, but, it is purely internet hype. Posting stuff like this only adds to the hype. Be responsible and only post things that are even close to believable.

edit: Milstang, that was intended for the original posters, not you. I realize you are just linking another post. At least I hope you didn't believe that.
Agreed. There are three little words that label those comments as nothing more than urban legend: "I have heard..." The three most useless words in the English language.

And "I have heard" that ol' Shelby is gonna personally sign the butt cheeks of everyone who buys a GT500. At 180,000 sales, that's a lot of cheeks.