Aftermarket 2005+ Mustangs Discuss the Offerings from Roush, Saleen, Steeda, Shinoda, and Others

Shelby CS6 Mustang Concept

Search this Thread

Old 11/3/05, 05:01 PM
TMS West Coast Correspondent

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Shelby CS6 Mustang Concept

Legendary racecar driver and Cobra creator Carroll Shelby will offer a modified V-6 upgrade package for 2006 Ford Mustang. The CS 6 features a Shelby-exclusive Paxton NOVI-1200 Centrifugal supercharger that increases horsepower from the stock 210 to more than 350. Available in two stages, the package is intended to produce a faster, lighter, and more powerful Mustang with official Shelby performance, all for under $35,000; it can be installed by Ford dealers on either coupes or convertibles, will carry Ford warranty, and can be financed into the cost at the time of purchase. The Stage 1 appearance package includes front fascia and side scoops, custom hood and upper and lower grilles, interior upgrades, 20-inch American Racing wheels, and custom striping, graphics, and logos, all for $5499. The Stage 2 Performance package includes all of the above and adds suspension upgrades, Borla dual exhaust, 350-hp Paxton supercharger, Baer Signature Series Brakes with Shelby Calipers, and rear fascia and rear gear upgrades, all for $14,999. (Prices do not include labor.) More information can be found at www.shelbyautos.com.

Old 11/3/05, 08:23 PM
2&2
GT Member

Will the dealers know about this? When will it be avalible? The price includes dealer install? Is the information on another web site? Will it be considered a Shelby to our peers? WOW, a V6 Shelby.,
Old 11/3/05, 09:36 PM
Cobra Member

Slapping a big ugly sticker on the side of my car is not something I'm interested in. Reminds me of the Mustang Cobra II's back in the 70's.
Old 11/3/05, 10:20 PM
Post *****

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
hey hey hey, dont knock the IIs :P

but i dont gare much for the words "shelby" on the side, as the font is pretty boring... ick

but the rest of the car OWNS!!!!!

especially that grille and hood!!!

i want this car more than any other S197 so far... even...even the MRT interceptor i adored from the last SEMA show...

its just soooooooo gooooooood!!!!
Old 11/4/05, 07:15 AM
Mach 1 Member

Shelby is all over these new Mustangs...that is like the third one I have seen at SEMA with his name on it.
Old 11/4/05, 07:43 AM
GTR Member

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
I kind of like this concept, except delete the "hockey stick" side decal.
A stage-2 V-6 sounds like an interesting package.
I wonder if SAAC is going to accept these models into the "Shelby" family?
Old 11/4/05, 04:58 PM
She's Back and Strapped!

These pics are really not doing any of these cars justice. This was one of my favs at the show...

What I couldnt stand was walking up the cars to get a closer look, and there were handprints alllllllll over ALL the cars. I didnt touch a single vehicle, its just WRONG.
Old 11/5/05, 07:45 AM
Cobra R Member

Agreed Jessica,

This is my favorite so far from the pictures I have seen. Yes, I do not care for the side decal but the rest is nicely done. I would go with slightly smaller wheels myself but I am really liking that hood.

Old 11/7/05, 05:55 PM
President of Shelby Autos

Thanks all for the feedback. This car is really better in person. We wanted to make a Shelby with Power, Styling and affordability. We are still working out the final package for this car, better hood, more suspension upgrades, and some minor styling changes.

Please feel free to email me your thoughts and ideas, we want this to work for new Shelby buyers and current Shelby owners

Amy

Amyb@shelbyautos.com
Old 11/7/05, 06:40 PM
GTR Member

Amy, just wanted to say this was the one concept that I could
really see me buying.
The only thing I would change is the side decal.
I think something a little less "glaring" would work better with the rest of the design.
Maybe a simple "C" or reverse "C" type decal would be more
complementary to the body package.

How about offering it in the old Ford Grabber color Palette?
I think I would just have to take home a Grabber Orange one.
Old 11/8/05, 10:09 AM

Originally posted by Blip@November 7, 2005, 8:43 PM
Amy, just wanted to say this was the one concept that I could
really see me buying.
The only thing I would change is the side decal.
I think something a little less "glaring" would work better with the rest of the design.
Maybe a simple "C" or reverse "C" type decal would be more
complementary to the body package.

How about offering it in the old Ford Grabber color Palette?
I think I would just have to take home a Grabber Orange one.
thanks! We are working on final details now. We could offer the grabber palette colors, the reason we did what we did was to keep the price down, so right now we offer the kit for the current price, but we will do special orders as well.

Amy
Old 11/8/05, 11:11 AM
GTR Member

Thanks Amy, now I have even more to think about....
Old 11/8/05, 01:54 PM
Cobra Member

Amy -- are the parts going to be available separately, or do you have to buy the package from a Ford dealer?

I would love to see an upgrade to an AL block on the V6 to get the weight down. Since it won't be that far off a stock V8 weight-wise, it would be great to find other ways to put her on a diet. I know it would be expensive, but it might be worth it if it would mean getting 350hp in a near 3300# car.

Also, I would put the suspension upgrades before the wheels. 20's on a stock height car just looks so wrong.
Old 11/8/05, 02:07 PM

Originally posted by Rampant@November 8, 2005, 3:57 PM
Amy -- are the parts going to be available separately, or do you have to buy the package from a Ford dealer?
>> Hi, we may offer the parts separate, not sure yet. Right now, we will sell and install the packages, our dealers will as well, we are finalizing everything with Ford now.

I would love to see an upgrade to an AL block on the V6 to get the weight down. Since it won't be that far off a stock V8 weight-wise, it would be great to find other ways to put her on a diet. I know it would be expensive, but it might be worth it if it would mean getting 350hp in a near 3300# car.
>> I passed this on to my lead engineer

Also, I would put the suspension upgrades before the wheels. 20's on a stock height car just looks so wrong.

>>The wheels will be available in diferent sizes, everyone to their own
Old 11/9/05, 10:18 PM

Amy
Congratulations on your new job. You seem to have started off with a bang!
I think the CS6 is awesome. I think you nailed it the first time. The hood is particularly good. SVT would do well to put the same hood on the GT500.
The only thing I would change (and it's minor) is the angle of the cobra decal. From the pictures I have seen, it seems to be leaning forward following the stripe angle. I would have it standing more upright.
I am eagerly awaiting the release date so I can get one.
Old 11/13/05, 02:34 PM
V6 Member

Amy - I like the looks of the V6 better than the V8 IMHO - I could see that V6 front end & hood on my GT Rather surprised that you didn't have a set of the new CS Wheels on either model. Will that be something you'll do latter?