Aftermarket 2005+ Mustangs Discuss the Offerings from Roush, Saleen, Steeda, Shinoda, and Others

Saleen Shipping Policy

Search this Thread

Old 6/26/06, 10:43 AM
Team Mustang Source Legacy Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Saleen Shipping Policy

Not sure how many of you have run into this, but I just bumped into Saleen's un-documented shipping policy. On Ground shipments (probly on overnight shipments also) they require a signature when it's delivered. FedEx won't let you, the receiver, change that, or the delivery address. It's got to come from Saleen. However, they now have a policy in place where they will not change that signature requirement, and you have to push pretty hard to get the delivery address changed. No where on either their online shipping policy page nor in the online ordering process does it state this.

I would've put my business address down as the delivery address, but don't like doing that with non-work items. Looks like if I ever want to order from Saleen again, I'll have to. Wonder if the front desk will mind signing for my hood.

I'll be writing to Saleen about this policy, just in case the Customer Service manager I spoke with to get the deliivery address changed doesn't do anything about it.
Old 6/26/06, 05:17 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Saleen makes some good stuff but their customer service sucks!
Old 6/26/06, 05:40 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts
I had the same thing happen with the GT take off parts I ordered from them. I even put my work address as my shipping address and they still sent it to my house! I found the same thing you did. I called Fed Ex and they wouldn't budge. I tried to explain to them that no matter how many delivery attempts they made I would not be home because I WORK FOR A LIVING and can't sit home all day waiting for a delivery. I called Saleen and they denied shipping my stuff to the wrong address. I eneded up having to talk to a fed ex person and narrow down delivery time as much as possible and then leave work to try to beat the Fed Ex guy! Fed Ex? How about Fed UP!
Old 6/26/06, 05:56 PM
Team Mustang Source Legacy Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
I sent a note to the Saleen parts department this morning, here's what I sent them.

"Subject: Shipping policy concerns

Good morning,

I feel I must address something I discovered with your parts shipping policy recently. I've read through your online shipping policy (http://www.saleen.com/shipping_policy.htm) and even went through the motions of ordering a part online. No where on there does it say anything about requiring a signature in person when the parts are delivered. Fed Ex won't let the receiving party change that policy, or the ship to address, and that makes sense. What doesn't make sense is Saleen's policy on not allowing those things be changed.

My order was a small, inexpensive piece ($55 including shipping) and I have no problem with it being left at my door. But according to Customer Service, I don't have that choice, I have to take time off of work to wait there for the part. Since I make more than that in an hour, and I'd have to be home for anywhere from 2-8 hours out of my day, that doesn't make sense financially for me to wait for that part. Had I known about this before hand, I would've had it sent to my office. I don't like doing that either, because work is work, and this is definitely not work related.

Had I ordered something much larger, like the Supercharger kit, I would wait for that at home, but still feel this policy should be stated.

In my opinion, this is poor customer service and a bad business practice to blindside your customers in this manner. Had I not called Customer Service and pushed the issue with Fritz this morning, my package would've been returned to you. What would've happened then? I probably would've demanded a refund because of your poorly thought-out shipping policy, and gone with another companies product. Had I not gotten a full refund I would've called my credit card company and challenged the charge.

As it is, I'm posting my experience as a warning to other Mustang owners, you can find my post on www.themustangsource.com. My part has been re-routed, but I still feel other people need to be warned of this policy, and since you're not doing it on your website, I'll do it where I can. "

And their response:

"It was brought to my attention and fritz will resolve today.

Carlos Duran
Sales Manager-Aftermarket"

Fritz was who I spoke with this morning to get it re-directed to the office, so I don't know if that's what he means when he says Fritz will resolve it, of if that means Fritz will resolve the bigger problem of their shipping policy. At least they could warn us before we commit to the purchase. We'll see what happens.
Old 6/26/06, 06:34 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I ordered my pedals from Saleen and Fedex left them on my porch. No siggy.
Old 7/4/06, 09:12 PM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I ordered the trunk mat fro saleen over 3 weeks ago and still have not received it yet. They are looking into... What the????