Aftermarket 2005+ Mustangs Discuss the Offerings from Roush, Saleen, Steeda, Shinoda, and Others

Saleen Shaker / Ram Air SUPERCHARGER !

Search this Thread

Old 4/22/08, 12:21 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
dammit saleen......they way they are going,i ll be getting a whipple.
Old 4/22/08, 03:34 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
well im gonna wait until they come out and the price comes down a bit, then i will buy one eventually..

so no rush here... just anxious to see it come out and get used a little!!!
Old 4/22/08, 03:39 PM
Authorized Advertiser

Originally Posted by n8rfastback
well im gonna wait until they come out and the price comes down a bit, then i will buy one eventually..

so no rush here... just anxious to see it come out and get used a little!!!
Like all else in life there are never any guarntees, but I wouldnt hold my breath for the price coming down on this. Has the price for anything from Saleen ever come down?
Old 4/22/08, 04:47 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by StillenMustang07
Like all else in life there are never any guarntees, but I wouldnt hold my breath for the price coming down on this. Has the price for anything from Saleen ever come down?

wow....now i m scared of the price for this.....

i dunno about the saleen unit,i mainly wanted to see pricing.guess now i know i won t be affording it..
Old 4/22/08, 06:15 PM
Authorized Advertiser

Originally Posted by giddy_up
wow....now i m scared of the price for this.....
Honestly, I dont think its going to be as bad as one might think. I have had discussions with Saleen on this issue - and if its in the ballpark we have been talking about - you might be surprised
Old 4/22/08, 06:25 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

well either way i will have time to save up for it.....
Old 4/22/08, 09:37 PM
Bullitt Member

hopefully less than i payed for my stang. If its more than that ill just save for my 2011 boss!!!!
Old 4/28/08, 02:04 PM
Mach 1 Member

so still no word on this? OMG this has been forever I really would love to see this though before I buy something else.
Old 5/10/08, 07:34 AM
Legacy TMS Member

...any news?
Old 5/14/08, 05:03 PM
Cobra Member

Could be awhile; maybe August. Still up in the air...
Old 6/24/08, 02:05 PM
Banned

I am dying here! I need information on when this thing is coming out! I have heard that you have to use the factory hood. I am glad I didn't sell the factory hood after I put the Saleen hood on!
Old 6/24/08, 08:22 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

wow this is taking forever
Old 6/25/08, 08:54 AM
Authorized Advertiser

Originally Posted by n8rfastback
wow this is taking forever
Just spoke with Saleen about these - they are waiting for final approval before taking orders on them. I pushed for a date - no luck. I do know they have a number of cars running with them now in test, so HOPEFULLY it wont be to far out.

Will keep you posted - the second I find out I will post an update.
Old 6/25/08, 10:10 AM
Big Falken Tires

Originally Posted by StillenMustang07
Honestly, I dont think its going to be as bad as one might think. I have had discussions with Saleen on this issue - and if its in the ballpark we have been talking about - you might be surprised
Hey Page - were you talking about the COMPLETE kit with the SC or a retorfit kit if you already HAVE the Saleen Series VI?
Old 6/25/08, 11:36 AM
Authorized Advertiser

Originally Posted by Burke0011
Hey Page - were you talking about the COMPLETE kit with the SC or a retorfit kit if you already HAVE the Saleen Series VI?
My understanding is that BOTH will be available. When - THATS a good question Will post as soon as I hear
Old 6/25/08, 11:39 AM
Big Falken Tires

Thanks!!
Old 6/25/08, 05:54 PM
Banned

From what I am hearing the Shaker Charger will have to be used with the factory hood! I have cloned Saleen so I still have the original hood tucked away in storage but what about those with real Saleens with the vented hoods? I was told that the cowl was too tall to go with the Shaker. I guess it is similar to the setup on the PJ Saleen and those use factory hoods. This thing is going to be a beast with a huge air inlet and gobs of potential. I must have one first! STILLEN are you guys going to run a sign up waiting list for these. As we all know Saleen never makes enough to satisfy the initial demand!
Old 6/25/08, 06:09 PM
Authorized Advertiser

Originally Posted by mustang_lurkers
From what I am hearing the Shaker Charger will have to be used with the factory hood! I have cloned Saleen so I still have the original hood tucked away in storage but what about those with real Saleens with the vented hoods? I was told that the cowl was too tall to go with the Shaker. I guess it is similar to the setup on the PJ Saleen and those use factory hoods. This thing is going to be a beast with a huge air inlet and gobs of potential. I must have one first! STILLEN are you guys going to run a sign up waiting list for these. As we all know Saleen never makes enough to satisfy the initial demand!
Hey - I can start a list no problem. Shoot me an e-mail (PageN@Stillen.com) with contact information (name, address, phone number, e-mail) and I will start a list. As SOON as I know I can take orders, I will send an e-mail to all that are on the list.
Old 7/7/08, 03:51 PM
Banned

Good news! I talked with Saleen today and they told me the kits will be released at the end of August. Enough of us have complained about the lack of a kit for the Saleen Hoods! A few months later they will have kits that will work with the new hood!
Old 7/22/08, 10:51 AM
Authorized Advertiser

Thumbs up

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: SALEEN SPEEDLAB INTRODUCES ALL NEW “SuperShaker™” REUNITING CLASSIC STYLING WITH MODERN POWERTroy, Michigan(July 18, 2008) – Saleen’s Aftermarket Division, SpeedLab, announced today the introduction of a new technology for air induction systems called the SuperShaker™. The patent pending SuperShaker™ embodies the classic appeal of shaker hood styling while delivering exhilarating performance via modern Supercharger technology.By combining the proven efficiency of the Saleen series VI intercooled supercharger with that of the new and highly efficient SuperShaker™ induction system, SpeedLab has brokered the perfect marriage; bringing together Beauty AND Beast for the first time.For decades, the two theories of air induction were separated. With this revolutionary new system, SuperShaker™ couples the best of both worlds. The “ram air” design and functionality of a true shaker hood is now mated with the forced air induction system via an intercooled, twin screw Saleen series VI supercharger. Saleen SpeedLab is the first and only manufacturer offering this highly engineered technology to the market.“For the first time ever, consumers do not have to sacrifice muscle car styling to get more power and performance,” says Michael Lingo, Vice President & General Manager of Saleen’s Aftermarket Division, “the SpeedLab SuperShaker™ puts real muscle under your hood producing power that can be seen and heard”.PERFORMANCEThe SuperShaker™ induction path is much shorter and less restrictive compared to existing designs, and is a true “cold air” intake that is sealed off from the engine compartment, thus enhancing vehicle performance. The SuperShaker™ induction system sits above the hood and is isolated from the hot air in the engine compartment. This is especially beneficial in static situations such as at stop lights or take off during drag racing. Once up to speed, the shaker hood scoop rams fresh cold air into the air box where it is pressurized, allowing greater boost at higher speeds.The ground-breaking design efforts at Saleen have resulted in a durable design that can withstand the harsh environment of everyday driving. By angling the custom air filter forward, water and debris will be deflected down to the bottom of the air box where it can be evacuated and not affect the performance of the filter. There are two molded pieces that make up and include the air box, providing a skirt that mounts to the rear of the box which protects the compartment from water, debris and environmental hazards. This unique design does not require any extraordinary mounting or securing devices, allowing the air box to utilize the maximum space available within the tight constraints. The result is a larger surface area for the air filter and compact OE style look.

“The shorter intake and minimal restriction allows for more cold air to be available to the engine immediately, resulting in less lag time and quicker throttle response, says Marc Musial, Chief Powertrain Engineer, “providing instant power that is available on demand throughout the power curve”.

APPLICATIONS
The Saleen SpeedLab SuperShaker™ is engineered and designed to fit all 2005-current model Mustang GT’s. The SuperShaker™ kit will increase your total power from 500 – 700HP. SpeedLab will also be offering additional SuperShaker™ upgrade components.

“We are very excited to offer this one of a kind system to the Mustang enthusiast community,” says Carlos Duran, Manager of Saleen’s Aftermarket Sales, “in addition to the SuperShaker™ kit; we have made this revolutionary product available to our existing Saleen Series VI Supercharger owners with the release of the ShakerLid upgrade kit. The ShakerLid kit allows all Saleen customers to enjoy the SuperShaker™ experience.”

As a featured exclusive, Saleen SpeedLab will also manufacture a limited number of SuperShaker™ kits designed especially for Saleen Parnelli Jones (PJ) Edition owners. This special limited run kit will feature unique Saleen/ PJ personalized badging and will be registered as a Saleen Supercharged PJ to enhance exclusivity. The PJ SuperShaker™ kit is available direct from the factory or through Saleen Certified Dealers.

Saleen SpeedLab is now taking pre-orders for the SuperShaker™ kit with an estimated production date starting late August 2008.

The SuperShaker™ will be featured at a special Woodward Dream Cruise VIP Ride & Drive Event at Saleen’s production facility in Troy, Michigan, on August 15, 2008. Enthusiasts will be able to experience a Saleen H281 or Saleen Parnelli Jones edition mustang fitted with the new SuperShaker™ system. Please visit www.saleen.com/press for more details and to register for your very own SuperShaker™ experience.

ABOUT SALEENSince the company’s inception in 1984, Saleen has produced thousands of complete and EPA certified vehicles, more than any other specialty automobile manufacturer. In addition, Saleen has equipped more than 600,000 vehicles worldwide, further emphasizing their capabilities and commitment to excellence.A nine-time Manufacturers’ Champion in GT sports car racing, Saleen manufactured the American super car — the Saleen S7, as well as the S281 Mustang, S331 Sport Truck, the Saleen/Parnelli Jones Limited Edition Mustang and the new Dan Gurney edition Saleen. In addition, Saleen provided all paint and assembly of the Ford GT as a special project for Ford Motor Company. Saleen is also currently providing paint and subassembly for the Dodge Viper SRT-10. Saleen’s World Headquarters is located in Troy, Michigan.Here is a pricing breakdown:Base Kit: 6949.99435hp to shaker upgrade: 1649.99475hp to shaker upgrade: 1249.99PJ Editition SuperShaker: 7499.99

Quick Reply: Saleen Shaker / Ram Air SUPERCHARGER !