Aftermarket 2005+ Mustangs Discuss the Offerings from Roush, Saleen, Steeda, Shinoda, and Others

Roush Stage 3 Unleashed

Search this Thread

Old 4/27/06, 08:10 AM
The Mustang Source FOUNDER

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
<div align="center"><span style="font-size:14pt;line-height:100%">The ROUSH Stage 3 Mustang Proves That Ponies Can Really Fly</span>

</div>
The famous old saying goes "when pigs fly," but it might just have to be re-written as the new Stage 3 version of the ROUSH Mustang proves that, at least in this manifestation, ponies can really fly.

The ROUSH Stage 3 Mustang packs 415 horsepower with 385 lb-ft of torque under the hood, thanks to the addition of the ROUSHcharger system. This is the quickest, best-handling, and most stylish Mustang in the history of ROUSH Performance, a company with a long and rich heritage of Ford Mustang upgrades.

Or, as Jack Roush succinctly said, "This is the best Mustang we have ever built."

The Stage 3, 4.6L, 3-valve V8 powertrain system includes the intercooled ROUSHcharger system with custom ROUSH-calibrated ECM and several other performance modifications. This upgrade is a vast improvement over the factory stock engine which is rated at 300 horsepower and 320 lb-ft of torque.

But this car is more than just being quick on the throttle as the more than 1G rating on the skidpad attests. The suspension upgrades include specially-engineered and tuned front struts, rear shocks, front and rear springs, front and rear sway bars and jounce bumpers. The front brakes are also upgraded with 14-inch front two-piece rotors and four-piston calipers. Each component was specifically engineered so that ride comfort was not compromised at the expense of the tremendous gains in performance.

Exterior styling is enhanced through the addition of a seven-piece body kit constructed from OEM-type materials which sees a front fascia, front chin spoiler, hood scoop, rocker panels, rear fascia valance and rear wing installed by ROUSH factory technicians.

Other amenities include lower valence fog lamps, custom 18-inch forged rims with high-performance tires, sport leather seat covers, embroidered floor mats, billet aluminum pedals including a new dead pedal, and the Stage 3 electro-luminescent white face gauge cluster. The car also has ROUSH badging throughout and a serialized engine bay plaque indicating the car was hand-built in the Livonia, Mich., facility.

"This new ROUSH Stage 3 Mustang will literally turn heads twice," claimed Joe Thompson, general manager of ROUSH Performance Products. "The first time is when they see how much better this car looks, and the second comes as you put your foot in it, kick in the ROUSHcharger, and blow by just about anything on the road."

Optional components to further customize the car include racing stripes, interior dash trim kits, locking lug nuts, trunk tool kit, short throw shifter, billet aluminum shift ****, and more.

The ROUSH Stage 3 Mustang is available in both coupe and convertible versions, and more information can be found at Ford dealers nationwide or online at www.RoushPerformance.com. The Stage 1 and Stage 2 versions of the ROUSH Mustang are also available for those not wanting the full performance package that comes on the Stage 3 version. As with all ROUSH cars, the industry-leading 3 year/36,000 mile warranty remains intact and covers all components.

Based in Livonia, Mich., "The Art of Performance Engineering" takes place at Roush Performance. In addition to the Stage 1, Stage 2 and Stage 3 Ford Mustang and F-150 styling, handling and performance upgrades, a complete line of performance parts and modular engines are offered. For more information see your local ROUSH dealer, visit RoushPerformance.com or telephone toll-free (800) 59-ROUSH.
Old 4/27/06, 10:00 AM
Big Falken Tires

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Nice!
[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]
Old 4/29/06, 03:58 PM

<div align="center">

</div>
Old 4/29/06, 06:30 PM

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
how much$$$$.....probably too much$$$$
Old 4/30/06, 08:33 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I love the new S3! Yellow Roush= [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/drool.gif[/img] If I wasn't tied to my '03, I would jump all over a yellow/black S3 in a heartbeat!
Old 4/30/06, 09:57 AM

I wish they'd remove that rediculous antenna.
Old 4/30/06, 10:18 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nice! And probably the best engineered due to their close relationship to Ford. I like their approach to performance.
Old 4/30/06, 10:28 AM
Big Falken Tires

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
If you ever watched that episode of RIDES (taped it) that focuses on Jack Roush and goes into the whole process of their developing the new Roush stang and even watching a stock one get transformed into a Staged Roush, it was quite informative and very cool.

(my only real problem at all with the Roushes - other than the too-small 17 inch wheels on a regular Stage 1 - is the flipping carbon fiber on the dash. I just cannot get by that and how 'tacky' I think it looks..... [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/nonono.gif[/img] )
Old 4/30/06, 11:02 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I like it! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]
Old 4/30/06, 11:57 AM
Dethroned Nascar Guru

I like the Roush but I would find it more appealing if you could get it without that rear spoiler and mandatory side vent louvers on the the coupe.
Old 5/1/06, 09:07 AM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(TheMustangSource @ April 30, 2006, 11:00 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
I wish they'd remove that rediculous antenna.
[/b][/quote]

One of the first mods on my Roush. The 29" black antenna does look good now that it's on my 99 Ford Ranger!

Old 5/1/06, 11:16 AM
Cobra Member

Any pics from under the hood?
Old 5/1/06, 10:29 PM
Team Mustang Source

Doesn't someone at Roush know how to finish the stripes so they go all the way down the front and rear bumper?
Old 5/2/06, 07:04 AM
Mach 1 Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(bpmurr @ May 1, 2006, 11:32 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Doesn't someone at Roush know how to finish the stripes so they go all the way down the front and rear bumper?
[/b][/quote]

if your Roush arrived with no stripes, the Roush Dealer can stripe to your liking. The ran the stripe all the way to the ground and she always gets compliments!

[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif[/img]
Old 5/2/06, 11:56 AM
Mach 1 Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Torrence @ May 1, 2006, 12:19 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Any pics from under the hood?
[/b][/quote]

A couple from the Concept files to give an idea of what the Stage 3's Engine Compartment might look like.

First one is the 2005 SEMA Concept's and the other is a recent unveiling of a Stage3 Redfire back in March.
Old 5/2/06, 12:42 PM
Bullitt Member

Here's the final version:

Old 5/2/06, 12:56 PM
Needs to be more Astony

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
i think that long curved tube looks bad
Old 5/2/06, 09:49 PM
Mach 1 Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Stangette @ May 2, 2006, 6:07 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
if your Roush arrived with no stripes, the Roush Dealer can stripe to your liking. The ran the stripe all the way to the ground and she always gets compliments!
[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif[/img]
[/b][/quote]

Are those vinyl? .... looks a lot better when they get the stripes in the plate area like that [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]
Old 5/5/06, 11:41 AM
Mach 1 Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(GtStallion51 @ May 2, 2006, 10:52 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Are those vinyl? .... looks a lot better when they get the stripes in the plate area like that [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]
[/b][/quote]

They are vinyl. 9" wide with a 1 1/2" gap. Others' had the paint job done and they just did not contrast as well with the lighter color Stang. This is more of a custom job sice we wanted the effect going all the way to the ground & the stripes to extend the entire span of the vehicle.

Had them on since January and so far no problems. Since the Roush Dealer installed them prior to delivery, there is a three year warrenty. Consider also, this is the one driven everyday.

RandyB, the final pic. looks great on the Blue. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]

Roush had informed me " the long curved tube " was created to control the airflow in association with the boost level and S/C System design. They required a total re-design of the S/C airflow system with regards to the 3V AL Motor.
Old 5/5/06, 07:55 PM
Bullitt Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Stangette @ May 5, 2006, 12:44 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>

RandyB, the final pic. looks great on the Blue. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]

Roush had informed me " the long curved tube " was created to control the airflow in association with the boost level and S/C System design. They required a total re-design of the S/C airflow system with regards to the 3V AL Motor.
[/b][/quote]

I'm partial to the Torch Red. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/04.gif[/img]

I think Roush did an exceptional job on the design and engineering of this kit. I'll be ordering one very shortly. The only thing I don't like is the look of the intercooler coolant tank, and I plan to relocate my P/S reservoir and use the GT500 coolant tank as soon as I can get my hands on one. I'll post pics when I'm done although it may be a month or two before GT500 parts are available.

Quick Reply: Roush Stage 3 Unleashed