Aftermarket 2005+ Mustangs Discuss the Offerings from Roush, Saleen, Steeda, Shinoda, and Others

Roush Owners

Search this Thread

Old 10/29/06, 06:08 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Roush Owners

Have any of you gone past what Roush does to the engine? I mean things like adding headers, CAI, new tunes and such? From what I have learned it looks as though any mod from the Cats forward would void the warranty that Roush picks up. Has anyone heard anything if Roush is going to expand the options for use current owners (05+)? I understand why it is the way it is now but ****, I sit here and read about the options coming up for GT500 owners and wonder why Roush couldn't come up with a CAI/Tune (for Roushcharged cars) that could be installed by a Roush dealer that wouldn't void our warranties.

<shrug>
Old 10/30/06, 05:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i have to say this is the same problems i pondered when coosing a blower for my roush. and why i chose to go with a vortech v2sq. first it was cheaper installed and tuned and its a polished kit than the roushcharger. it allowed me to use a cold air kit,headers and hi flow cats with 4.10 gears and a larger throttle body. this combo puts down over 500 rwhp i have it detuned to a safe 453 rwhp and 429 rwtq. now the dealer here in town is cool with it. and has not given me any probs. the trans. has had the tsb up grade and the rear diff. has had tsb repairs on it. honestly i am glad i started with just a gt sport. i have been much happier with the customizing i have been able to do and the power output i have achieved. good luck sorry your stuck with the roushcharger at this point. but one never knows when they will come with more parts for you
Old 10/31/06, 09:27 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Oh believe me, I am not sorry at all I have a Roushcharger, just not into voiding my warranty yet :P Steeda has developed a package with a CAI and tune for Roushcharged cars but since this is my daily driver and the warranty means something to me.....not yet.