Aftermarket 2005+ Mustangs Discuss the Offerings from Roush, Saleen, Steeda, Shinoda, and Others

Rain on the Parade

Search this Thread

Old 5/9/05, 12:19 PM
Cobra Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Our dealer principal called the regional office today to see if we could get some preliminary information on the Shelby due to the high volume of inquiries we have received. I personally have 4 customers who have committed to cars when we get production numbers.
The region has stated that NO decision has been made as of yet on whether the Shelby will or won't be produced. As of now we are being told to tell perspective customers that there has been no corporate decision to go ahead with the program.
Don't shoot the messenger, I am just telling you what we have been told to tell customers.
Old 5/9/05, 12:21 PM
Mach 1 Member

Well like the info or not at least it is from someone that works for a dealer who has been instructed by Ford and not a rumor. Rumors get old and are usually BS. TY for the info.
Old 5/9/05, 12:25 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Well, the SVT website says it's slated to go on sale in 2006, so until it says otherwise, I would say it will happen. I would find it very hard to believe that SVT will make 4-5 cars and none of those will be a Mustang.
Old 5/9/05, 12:32 PM
Bullitt Member

All the hoopla and hype And then they say"they aren't sure they will be produced" :scratch: Again a case of talking the talk but not being able to walk the walk with Ford :notnice: I for one don't believe it. We will see them next year, keep the faith brother
Old 5/9/05, 06:35 PM
GT Member

Ill be the first to tell you ANYONE associated with a dealer has No Clue whats going on! Rest assured it will be produced( Speaking from experience im probably the only one who really knows anything about the Cobra, including all the Sales staff, upto the owner, and this is coming from a top 30 ranked Ford Dealer)
Old 5/9/05, 07:13 PM
AKA 1 BULLITT------------ Legacy TMS Member

Received 342 Likes on 215 Posts
FORGET THE KING. LETS SHOOT THE MESSENGER!!!

Old 5/9/05, 09:59 PM
I'm people, and I like.

Old 5/9/05, 10:04 PM
She's Back and Strapped!

Originally posted by ArkAngelx3@May 9, 2005, 6:38 PM
Ill be the first to tell you ANYONE associated with a dealer has No Clue whats going on! Rest assured it will be produced( Speaking from experience im probably the only one who really knows anything about the Cobra, including all the Sales staff, upto the owner, and this is coming from a top 30 ranked Ford Dealer)

Hmmm, first you say that those associated with dealerships have no idea whats going on, then you say that you are the ONLY one who know anything about the Cobra, and you work for a dealership...

Are you saying your dealership is in the know, when others arent? Or, are you saying that you personally are in the know, and your dealership isnt?

I am just kinda confused.
Old 5/10/05, 01:43 AM
Mach 1 Member

The Shelby GT500 is slated for production. End of story. Close thread.
Old 5/10/05, 09:17 AM
Mach 1 Member

Sorry Ed!
Old 5/10/05, 09:27 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by ISELLFORD@May 9, 2005, 12:22 PM
Our dealer principal called the regional office today to see if we could get some preliminary information on the Shelby due to the high volume of inquiries we have received. I personally have 4 customers who have committed to cars when we get production numbers.
The region has stated that NO decision has been made as of yet on whether the Shelby will or won't be produced. As of now we are being told to tell perspective customers that there has been no corporate decision to go ahead with the program.
Don't shoot the messenger, I am just telling you what we have been told to tell customers.
Another well informed dealer story.
Old 5/10/05, 09:43 AM
GT Member

Meaning, no one at my dealerships, really takes the time, to monitor the web, to know whats really going on. Its common knowledge that Ford dealers are usually the last ones with all the information!
Old 5/10/05, 12:44 PM
Mach 1 Member

Well if you read his post Arkangel he states that the owner called the Ford regional rep...the guy who works for Ford not his dealer...and those were the words from him, not a dealer. I am not saying whomever this guy is makes the decisions at Ford but is an informed person about Ford since he actually works for Ford. As you said you are about the only one at your dealership who reads the web.....I know everything I read on the web is true...brb gotta go pay for the bridge I just bought on the web.......
Old 5/10/05, 01:04 PM
V6 Member

What Ford is uncertain of is whether it will allocate the car to all dealers, some dealers or to SVT franchise dealers exclusively. The supercar was allocated to President award stores first, then to lottery winners but not exclusively to SVT franchise stores. Ironically the communications between Ford and the Supercar owners has been through SVT in Dearborn. IMO the car will not be exclusive SVT franchise, which may be the concern of the first post!. Wait n see.
Old 5/10/05, 01:38 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by ISELLFORD@May 9, 2005, 11:22 AM
:nono: THIS is exactly WHY you guys have absolutely zero credibilty!!!
You are giving us third hand info from some regional office,not SVT( who is responsible for this car). What does HTT have to say about it? What has been published ad nauseum in all the car mags?

And now we get this from your "regional office" and the dealer principal.Typical.Can't even stay informed about your products.
THE BOTTOM END OF FORD'S MARKETING stinkS!!! It's not just Ford either.I don't mean that personally toward you.

We consumers hate it .It's the part of buying a car that makes ya wanna go home and take a shower.

When I walk into a dealer and see an additional mark up sticker,I walk out.It is an insult to an informed buyer. You guys need to know everything about what you are selling, quit playing games with people and earn our trust. If you want to be my salesman, get me accurate info and be a straight shooter.
Old 5/10/05, 03:30 PM

Originally posted by ISELLFORD@May 9, 2005, 12:22 PM
Dealer Principal......????

http://www.svt.ford.com/vehicleGT500.asp
Old 5/10/05, 10:11 PM
GT Member

Regional Rep,,,Ohhh how silly me.....

*whispers* regional reps know less than the dealer. Ours is an idiot.
Old 5/12/05, 03:28 AM
Mach 1 Member

What a load! I had a dealer here in Van try to convince me the other day that Ford was probably going to cancel production of the Shelby due to concerns over rising fuel prices.

He gave me one of those: "My boss' regional boss' dog's owner is best friends with Bill Ford" nonsense speeches.

So after for about ten minutes, I told him he was clearly :crazy: , gave him a good , then walked outside and
Old 5/12/05, 06:33 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by Robert@May 10, 2005, 2:46 AM
The Shelby GT500 is slated for production. End of story. Close thread.
Yup.
Old 5/12/05, 06:46 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
What a load! I had a dealer here in Van try to convince me the other day that Ford was probably going to cancel production of the Shelby due to concerns over rising fuel prices.
If ford still hasn't realized the mistake they made back in the early 70's with the mustang and this is similar, they deserve to go bankrupt. I don't see it happening. Look at the numbers, more people are buying V8 stangs right now then ever before, the v6's are available left and right on the lot. Ford would definitly be shooting themselves in the foot by not releasing the GT 500.

Quick Reply: Rain on the Parade