Aftermarket 2005+ Mustangs Discuss the Offerings from Roush, Saleen, Steeda, Shinoda, and Others

Race a 400-hp Mustang at SEMA

Search this Thread

Old 10/28/05, 08:43 AM
The Mustang Source FOUNDER

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
RACE AT SEMA! EXPERIENCE FORD RACING’S 400-HP MUSTANG ON DRAG STRIP DYNO DISPLAY
Ford invites media to experience a simulated quarter mile drag race on the in-ground dynamometer at Ford’s SEMA Show display. Ford Racing’s 400-hp supercharged Mustang GT will be your steed as you line up against the “Christmas tree” of starting lights. Squeal the tires, shift the gears, and try to beat the best time set by drag racer Ashley Force during Ford’s morning press conference.

Only Ford has an actual working Dynojet dynamometer as part of their SEMA show display. Ford Racing will be showcasing a 2005 Mustang GT modified with their new ‘Performance Packs’ of high-performance equipment, as well as a Ford Racing/Whipple screw-type supercharger. Media will be scheduled to set their best lap times over the course of the show.
Old 10/30/05, 05:36 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
"as well as a Ford Racing/Whipple screw-type supercharger."

Brad: Since Ford now apparently has(?) a Whipple screw charger, any chance this could make the GT500?
Old 10/31/05, 01:37 PM
I Have No Life

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
As in.... performance pack for the Mustang GT

As in a Ford Racing Supercharger?

Old 11/1/05, 08:01 AM
Stubborn Bear
TMS Staff

Received 48 Likes on 39 Posts
More on this: http://media.ford.com/article_display.cfm?...1938&make_id=92

FORD RACING AT SEMA

By Chris Kassab, FCN

There will be something else electrifying the Las Vegas strip this week besides the dazzling lights and glittering resorts.

Ford will be showcasing a new line of racing products in an exciting way at the annual SEMA show, which begins today at the Las Vegas Convention Center.

"At every auto show we always talk about the power of our vehicles," said Bob Adams, manager, Global Auto Shows and Event Strategy. "At SEMA, we're going to give people an opportunity to experience the power for themselves."

Adams is referring to an exhibit – the first of its kind in the world at an indoor auto show -- called the "Dyno Display," which was designed to simulate a quarter mile race on a drag strip. Dyno is short for dynamometer – a machine used to measure the power of an engine. A car is parked on rollers which turn with the car's wheels and measure the power of the vehicle as it accelerates.

But sitting atop the Dyno is not just any car.

It is a 450-horsepower supercharged Ford Racing Mustang GT customized with special features from Ford Racing Performance Part's new line of Mustang "Performance Packs," which were introduced today for the first time at SEMA.

"Mustang is the king when it comes to driving performance parts business," said Jamie Allison, manager, Ford Racing Performance Parts. Three packages -- a Power Pack, Drag Pack and Handling Pack -- will now be available for purchase from any authorized Ford Racing distributor or Ford dealer.

"The FRPP Performance Packs for Mustang are grounded in championship-winning engineering and race-proven experience," he said. "They are the perfect platform for enthusiasts to customize, personalize and enhance their Mustangs for the street or track."

According to Adams, there's no better way to showcase a new racing performance package than to let people get behind the wheel and start the engine.

"They will be able to squeal the tires, shift the gears and try to finish in the best time," he said. "More importantly, they will be able to experience firsthand the power, smoothness and versatility of the Ford Racing Mustang."

The driver is signaled to start through a headset and a series of lights on a "Christmas tree." When the race is over, the horsepower and speed of the car are measured along with the driver's reaction time and elapsed race time.

According to Adams, building the Dyno Display in a way that alleviated concerns about noise levels, exhaust fumes and safety, among other things, was quite a challenge. But he and his team came up with innovative ways to solve all potential problems.

"We engineered everything from a safety perspective," he explained. "We've got safety straps to hold the car down, ballistic shields around the transmission under the hood and we've taken fire safety precautions."

Exhaust fumes from the car will be vented through the ceiling of the convention hall to the outdoors, and Adams does not expect noise to be a problem because they've incorporated sound-deadening elements into the display.

"We're bringing the excitement and adventure of drag racing inside our booth," said Adams. "It's a huge thrill."
Old 11/1/05, 11:28 AM

Here's a link with a pic... I wish they would quote a price for the package... Probably waiting the to gauge the reaction at SEMA .

http://stangsunleashed.com/2005/articles/s...dracing31oc.htm
Old 11/1/05, 12:52 PM
I Have No Life

And.... is it under warranty by the dealer.

I would SO hop on that if it was.

FRPP supercharger + install/warranty at dealership would get a LOT of people onto that boat REAL fast.
Old 11/1/05, 08:29 PM
Mach 1 Member

C'mon Brad! You're holding out on us. What do you know about the new Whipple?
Old 11/1/05, 09:17 PM
Mach 1 Member

Yeah, I was there for the first run on this system and the car (today st sema), and it was not pretty. Ashley Force was driving it and you could take a lunch break between shifts. After four runs, she had a best time of 14.2 at 96mph. I does not help that she shifted into 5th!!!

The Whipple will be part of a Power Package available next year sometime.
Old 11/1/05, 10:42 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Just goes to show you, just because daddy was good doesn't mean the kid knows what the heck is going on.
Old 11/2/05, 07:43 AM
I Have No Life

MORE INFO ON THESE PACKAGES !!! Plllllease!
Old 11/2/05, 08:41 AM
Bullitt Member

Don't know about packages and my dealer for a super charger. I would still rather have a specialty shop do the install/tune and lose my warranty than have Ford do it and keep my warranty.
Old 11/2/05, 08:43 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by shatter@November 1, 2005, 11:45 PM
Just goes to show you, just because daddy was good doesn't mean the kid knows what the heck is going on.

acutally she is a great driver, but not street car type racing.