Aftermarket 2005+ Mustangs Discuss the Offerings from Roush, Saleen, Steeda, Shinoda, and Others

Questions for Carroll Shelby and Hau Thai-Tang?

Old 12/28/05, 07:37 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
When can we expect to see an aluminum block in the GT500?

How about bringing back the '03/'04 Cobra motor, but with an aluminum block and a M122H blower or twin-screw all for the sake of weight savings?

How about a forged internal, all-aluminum 4.6 3V with the M122H blower for an even lighter car?

I doubt they would consider any of this, but the last one seems real do-able.
Old 12/28/05, 07:38 AM
GT Member

Not sure how to one would go about asking this the "right" way, but it could be interesting to see how much of the car was designed by whom.

For example: (1) how much input did Shelby have; (2) when in the car's development cycle was he contacted about the car, what initial reservations did he have if any; (3) how has the car changed since Shelby came on board; (4) how much of the car was actually designed by the "bean counters" (i.e. I remember seeing in the GT concept pic thread that the designer really had to fight w/Ford to get the spoiler delete option); (5) if they could change one thing about the car now what would it be; (6) what aspect of the car are they proudest of - and try to get a more substantial answer than something like "delivering the performance-price package we have in the GT500"

Man, also have a great time! Should be an amazing experience.
Old 12/28/05, 07:58 AM

Hmmm...

What will you do to compete with the upcoming Camaro and Challenger?

Will the S197 chassis be used on other models in the wider Ford realm?

Will the upcoming 3.5 V6 be used in the Stang?

What about the 5.4 or a 4V 4.6 to flesh out the engine bay (see above item about Camaro and Challenger)?

IRS (again, see above item about Camaro and Challenger)?

HIDs?

SMG/DSG type automanual gearbox?
Old 12/28/05, 08:08 AM

1) I would like to know what each of them drive (as a daily driver) plus any modifications to their own cars.

2) Was their anything one thing the new mustang that they would have liked to have changed technically (add/emove) as an improvement or take-away.

3) My GT is on order...estimated lead time is 6 months -any plans to up production in the near future?
Old 12/28/05, 08:27 AM
V6 Member

I've got a couple questions:

1) If our advanced recon is correct, the steering wheel and gas cap medallions have only a cobra logo on them and not the cobra and "Shelby GT 500" logo on them (like the concept). If this is indeed the case, why? (I liked the others much better)

2) Has SVT any interest in turbochargers? These are much more efficient than belt driven superchargers and weigh less.

Thanks.
Old 12/28/05, 08:27 AM
The Mustang Source FOUNDER

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Lots of great questions! I wish I had time to ask them all!
Old 12/28/05, 08:51 AM
Cobra Member

Ask how they put there shoes and socks on. Do they first put both socks on, and then the shoes? Or, a sock, shoe, sock etc.? But really folks, some of you are asking unanswerable questions. They will not reveal anything to Brad that isn't known already or already revealed at the show. If anyone does slip up at the dinner table and sings like a canary, it's for that table only and not for the rest of us rubes to know.
Remember Brad, the tall fancy glass is for water, not Pabst.
Old 12/28/05, 08:53 AM

I can't have too much this time; I've got to drive 45 minutes back to the hotel afterwards.
Old 12/28/05, 08:54 AM
I talk to cones.

Why aren't we getting wider 9" or 10" wheel options on the Mustang GTs? We've had 8" wheels since the mid '90s.
Old 12/28/05, 09:03 AM
Cobra Member

For Hau Thai-Tang: Considering the economy is unstable and gas prices have remained high, do you expect to see this Horse Power craze die down in the near future?
Old 12/28/05, 09:09 AM
Bullitt Member

[quote=05stangkc,December 23, 2005, 2:07 PM]
When will we see More Horsepower to Compete with the Upcoming Camaro,Challenger and The Current GTO. The Shelby is there but they will not be Produced in Great enough Numbers to Satisfy the Power Hungy Stangers. Also we Know Supply and Demand will kill the affordability of The Shelby.

kc

The Current GTO? I am confused by that one.
Old 12/28/05, 09:57 AM
Bullitt Member

How about his feel on how a car should be designed or what he looks at in cars from other makers and what he likes about some of them(performance cars).
Old 12/28/05, 10:09 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Wow Brad I look at it like being there at a Historical Event ! Gotta be in awe to say the least , just as before be yourself when your there. Gee they oughta put a Shelby in a time capsual for a major furture even with a 5 gal gas can, just incase we do not have any more when they would unseal it. Just to keep 1 in pristeen condition. I heard last week this happened somewhere with a 1950's GM product in a vault to be open soon Have Fun ! and take pictures. PS Mr.Shelby should be a member here ! is he not on All Ford Mustang ?
Old 12/28/05, 10:24 AM
V6 Member

A question i would like to ask is Regarding the Production Hood compared to the Concept hood. With all the Negative opinions all over the internet about the production hood compared to the Positive opinions with the Concept hood, why go through with the Production Hood still when people are unhappy about it??
Old 12/28/05, 11:11 AM

Originally posted by cobrasvt777@December 28, 2005, 11:27 AM
A question i would like to ask is Regarding the Production Hood compared to the Concept hood. With all the Negative opinions all over the internet about the production hood compared to the Positive opinions with the Concept hood, why go through with the Production Hood still when people are unhappy about it??
I can tell you the answer to that--the concept hood wasn't functional; the production hood is.
Old 12/28/05, 11:18 AM
Cobra R Member

Hey brad! Can you ask the two of them if they'd like to give a joint lecture to a group of 50 Mechanical Engineering students from Montreal visiting the auto show???? I'll totally pay you some serious cash if you hook us up with that. I also work at Ben and Jerry's, so you'd also be entitled to free ice cream any time you're in montreal.
Old 12/28/05, 12:36 PM
ARF
Bullitt Member

Hello BRAD!!!

I have some questions u might ask...

Why are some companies like saleen, shinoda team, cervinis, and some guys around here, getting 500+ hps from a 3 valve 4.6 litter engine... AND THE 5.4 SVT-SHELBY 4 VALVE ENGINE ONLY GIVING 475 HP aprox??? why didnt they go over 500 hp?? to close to the FORD GT? (gt-40), is it some legal stuff? is it some safety stuff? WHY!?

Do they have any plans on bringin the new shelby down here to sunny mexico? would there be any form to get one in here? could u please please ask them if they can give you some info or helping me get one to mexico? i really am serious about that, i dont care the price! LOL... they have told me down here at the dealerships, they can get me a ford gt but not a shelby... mmmmm...

What do they both think about people that ads lots of performance upgrade to a mustang gt, ads some exterior mods, and ads the cobra emblems, svt, shelby, that kind of stuff... posser? cool? filling a gap?... what do they think? specially beacuse some time ago, you could bring your 60's fastback gt down to shelby and they would make it "an original" shelby, or eleonor stuff... you know what i mean lol!...

Ask c.s. why we have 2 pay so much money for an autograph of him at vegas? wouldnt he get more money if it was less expensive?

If i get some more questions ill post later...

THANKS IN ADVANCE BRAD!!!!
Old 12/28/05, 12:50 PM
Bullitt Member

Okay, Brad, 2 questions:
1) Does Ford plan, in a broader sense, to expand SVT over it's entire product portfolio, or Ford only, or Ford & Lincoln Mercury? If only Ford & Lincoln Mercury, then do they think that an expansion over the entire portfolio (ie: Jag/Volvo/etc, with SVT branding) is warranted?

2) (glancing at his dinner) Hey, HTT, how's the chicken (/steak/pork)?

Thank you Brad!
Old 12/28/05, 01:26 PM
Cobra R Member

As I have mentioned before, how about the options listing that we will see for the GT500?

Old 12/28/05, 01:47 PM
Cobra Member

Brad, since I know HTT won't answer any questions on future SE's ask him to consider using this site as a forum for collecting information and evaluating improvements from enthusiasts on future SE and SVT models (if he doesn't already). Many here have termendous ideas and suggestions and it would be truly shameful if they weren't heard.

Another possible suggestion is to ask if there are plans for a "diet" for the GT500.

Otherwise, have a awesome time!!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Questions for Carroll Shelby and Hau Thai-Tang?