Aftermarket 2005+ Mustangs Discuss the Offerings from Roush, Saleen, Steeda, Shinoda, and Others

Next S/E ? C/S GT with 5.4 option?

Search this Thread

Old 4/30/05, 08:28 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ford has copywrited California special again , so we can expect that.
The 68's were "notchbacks" only I believe. CAN WE PUHLEASE HAVE A CONVERTIBLE this time...I'm begging here.

The Boss 302 could be the next easy S/E and you guys who are talking about IRS
could get it if say there are 5000 or so of you who would pay $5000 more for it.
Remember though, they are winning road races with SRA's against BMW's.

My friend in flat Rock says a V10 Boss something or other is being driven and studied.

A Mach 1.....how could it not happen?

Retro is fine ,but where do you draw the line?

HTT has recaptured some of the original formula(performance/looks/reasonable price) and sales are up.

What do you want and what would you pay?
Old 4/30/05, 08:54 PM
AKA 1 BULLITT------------ Legacy TMS Member

Received 342 Likes on 215 Posts
Originally posted by hayburner@April 30, 2005, 9:31 PM
... Retro is fine ,but where do you draw the line?
Success and sales, which are one and the same.

Retro can be knocked, but I haven't see any drawings, rederings, or designs better than Ford's (Mustang). There might be doubters, a few, but no other car manufacturer has enjoyed so much enthusiam, compliments, or success as Ford has. Not even Chevrolet with the Corvette, whether in 1964 or 2005.
Old 4/30/05, 09:11 PM
I'm people, and I like.

Originally posted by 1 BULLITT+April 30, 2005, 7:57 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(1 BULLITT @ April 30, 2005, 7:57 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-hayburner@April 30, 2005, 9:31 PM
... Retro is fine ,but where do you draw the line?
Success and sales, which are one and the same.

Retro can be knocked, but I haven't see any drawings, rederings, or designs better than Ford's (Mustang). There might be doubters, a few, but no other car manufacturer has enjoyed so much enthusiam, compliments, or success as Ford has. Not even Chevrolet with the Corvette, whether in 1964 or 2005.
[/b][/quote]
Very True
Old 4/30/05, 09:12 PM
I'm people, and I like.

Don't Forget that HTT himself said that a GT/CS was going to be released for 2006 on a radio show

I would love to see a BOSS variant the most! and in the Grabber colors!
Old 5/1/05, 10:02 AM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by thezeppelin8@April 30, 2005, 9:15 PM

I would love to see a BOSS variant the most! and in the Grabber colors!

I'll second that!! Bring back the BOSS!!! :worship:
Old 5/1/05, 10:19 AM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by hayburner@April 30, 2005, 8:31 PM
Boss 330
All aluminum 5.4 3v
unique front facia, GTR-esque (though not quite as big) rear tails.
1" drop
black/gray two-tone interior (seat centers, door panels)
$32k
Old 5/1/05, 11:12 AM

A Boss would need a T-56, and a hd clutch. That would add a couple of $Ks.
Old 5/1/05, 11:20 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by Rampant+May 1, 2005, 9:22 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Rampant @ May 1, 2005, 9:22 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-hayburner@April 30, 2005, 8:31 PM
Boss 330
All aluminum 5.4 3v
unique front facia, GTR-esque (though not quite as big) rear tails.
1" drop
black/gray two-tone interior (seat centers, door panels)
$32k
[/b][/quote]
Past Bosses were a little more extreme enginewise and were the highest powered of Mustangs....429 Nascar Hemi(Detuned)
and 302 Trans-Am Mechanical Lifter (Detuned).

How about the Ford GT 5.4.Alum. 4v for a motor? They could do it for $40k...
A blown V10 might be considered extreme enough.Would Ford invest in drivetrain
stuff to support the power??? Dang that money stuff.

They threw us a bone with the 2007 Cobra.They need to make money before they do it again, I'm afraid.

SVT could be a fun place to work the next couple of years during this HP war.
Old 5/1/05, 11:25 AM
I'm people, and I like.

$40K is Shelby Territory

If they make a Boss, it should be around $32-35K
Old 5/2/05, 08:51 AM
GT Member

I would like to see a special edition with an aluminum 5.4 3 valve NA engine and a 6 speed. Add in sports tuned suspension and I'd be a happy camper. I dodn't care if it's called the king cobra 3, but it'd be bad azz.

I think they should do it up with roll up windows, no stereo, no back seat and make it the Cobra R with about 400 hp but a lower weight (since the GT500 will probably have more like 500 hp than make this really like 430). This way, it's not topping the GT500 and still along the lines of SVT's past while not going too retro, I'd like to see more than one color (white only last 2 times, red only before that). But around 32k and also having a heavy duty oiling system, for Engine, Trans, and Diff. I'd like to have that next to a shelby in the Garage. I'd also like to see a wing designed to make downforce that would also look like it belonged on the car that would be seen on race versions as well. Ok, I'll stop before I get outta hand.
Old 5/2/05, 08:59 AM
Cobra Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Boss! Sign me up for that one! :worship:
Old 5/2/05, 10:08 AM
dke
Bullitt Member

California edition, with folding hard top or targa (with glass roof). Green V6 supercharged (aluminum+forged), direct injection, making 350 ponies but getting 25+mpg....

The GT500 is the Boss. (big motor, straight line). Drop in a flat eight aluminum 4.6 bored to 5.0, w/twin turbo (lower the cg), IRS and make a GT350. pulling 450 ponies give the car a diet of a few hundred lbs.... alright, I know Ford doesn't have a flat-8, but I can dream, can't I.

Bring back a cougar -- totally luxuried out stang, with a mercury interior, flip down light cover, rear lights go all the way across, and every electronic feature, much quieter exhaust, IRS, electronically controlled suspension (variable ride hight). Take on the small bimmers (1 series and 2 series -- nibble at the 3 and some audi's). Make it a fastback (more so) with a hatch, and more cargo. Super cruiser stang.
Old 5/2/05, 10:23 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I want a Bullitt edition !!!! Take a GT, add extra power to bridge the gap between the 300 hp GT and the 450 (est) of the Shelby. Remove the fog lamps, add side louvers to the quarter window glass, make spoiler delete standard on this, lower it 1" or so, paint the standard GT wheels black, paint the car Dark Highland Green, and there you go. Steve McQueen would be proud.
Old 5/2/05, 11:23 AM

Ford doesn't need have a Bullitt edition, although I would love it. Just make the darn DHG available on the GT500.

Then I'll remove those awful, ugly S H E L B Y letters and add the Bullitt wannabe emblem on my own.
Old 5/2/05, 12:37 PM
V6 Member

Originally posted by hayburner@April 30, 2005, 8:31 PM
Ford has copywrited California special again , so we can expect that.
The 68's were "notchbacks" only I believe. CAN WE PUHLEASE HAVE A CONVERTIBLE this time...I'm begging here.

The Boss 302 could be the next easy S/E and you guys who are talking about IRS
could get it if say there are 5000 or so of you who would pay $5000 more for it.
Remember though, they are winning road races with SRA's against BMW's.

My friend in flat Rock says a V10 Boss something or other is being driven and studied.

A Mach 1.....how could it not happen?

Retro is fine ,but where do you draw the line?

HTT has recaptured some of the original formula(performance/looks/reasonable price) and sales are up.

I want a N/A 5.4 putting out about 370hp. I am open to the Boss, Mach or Bullitt, as long as it is tastefully done. I am not looking for crazy rear wings, bulging fenders, etc. I want understated looks, and lots of power. I am fine with the SRA, but would like to see a 6spd manual. I would pay up to $35K for the right combination of style and power.

I am intrigued by the idea of the CA Special. I agree, a convertible would be great. It would be interesting to see something truely unique, instead of a cosmetic decal package. Do something like the wide tail lights from the original silver concept car, add a ducktail spoiler, maybe add the 06 pony package grill, new 18" wheels, etc. More power is always a good thing.

For me, it all comes down to timing. I can't wait forever. Reading about how much fun everyone is having with their 05s is killing me. For me, the GT500 is too far out (fall 06 deliveries), and probably out of my price range. If I don't see much more than idle chat on the SE topic in the next few months, I am looking to order an 06 GT in August or September.

Does anyone think that more information on the next SE will be out by September? I am seriously doubting that we will see anything until the auto shows in the fall.

Hey, where is "Steve", the guy with the insider information? Now that the GT500 info is out, let's hear what else Ford has up their sleeve. :scratch:
Old 5/2/05, 02:15 PM
dke
Bullitt Member

I decided to chop a little to make my psuedo-cougar. Not quite there (I'm not a good chopper)... but here's an idea. (Probably put more of the concept inlets on the front, definitely as the rear).
Old 5/2/05, 02:18 PM
Post *****

Received 72 Likes on 65 Posts
Originally posted by dke@May 2, 2005, 4:18 PM
I decided to chop a little to make my psuedo-cougar. Not quite there (I'm not a good chopper)... but here's an idea. (Probably put more of the concept inlets on the front, definitely as the rear).

Not bad . . too bad J. Mays already has gone on record stating there would not be a Cougar. But we can still hope I suppose . . .
Old 5/2/05, 02:49 PM
dke
Bullitt Member

That makes sense. A hot selling model, that would really help Mercury out, and require just a little body work and interior (so cheap engineering), and it could broaden the appeal of the brand/model. So of course they aren't producing one. <sigh>
Old 5/2/05, 02:55 PM
Post *****

Received 72 Likes on 65 Posts
Originally posted by dke@May 2, 2005, 4:52 PM
That makes sense. A hot selling model, that would really help Mercury out, and require just a little body work and interior (so cheap engineering), and it could broaden the appeal of the brand/model. So of course they aren't producing one. <sigh>

I know . . seems like a natural to me. A la 350Z/G35 twins . . .
Old 5/2/05, 03:31 PM
Bullitt Member

Even though the old GT 350 was a better performing model than the heavier more luxurious gt 500.

Perhaps ford will call the middle range car and call it the gt 350. It would make more sense to people that dont know the shelbys history to place the gt 350 in the middle. Most people would assume the gt 500 would be a top model and the gt 350 a mid range.

I would love to see another mach, or a boss, or any midrange car. Since ford found it profitable to do so for the past few years (mach 1 and bullitt) then I think there would be a good chance we could see something like that again.

I would love to see a N/A 3 valve 5.4 car.

Its all just speculation at this point though.

Quick Reply: Next S/E ? C/S GT with 5.4 option?