Notices
Aftermarket 2005+ Mustangs Discuss the Offerings from Roush, Saleen, Steeda, Shinoda, and Others

New Shelbys

Old 11/2/05, 12:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
FYI

Shelby, West Coast Customs to Build Limited-Edition Mustang

"Two well-sung heroes of the aftermarket, Shelby Automobiles and West Coast Customs, have teamed up to build a SEMA-worthy limited-edition Ford Mustang GT. Shelby contributed the engine tweaks, including a Vortech supercharger that boosts horsepower to 500, while WCC is handling interior and exterior pimpage: extensive body mods, Lexani 22” rims, and enough audio and video to choke PC Richard (or insert defunct electronics retailer name here). The companies will build 25 of the extremely limited-edition ‘stangs, which can be ordered from Shelby or West Coast Customs directly. Act now, before you start seeing them on eBay for a quarter of the price."

http://www.jalopnik.com/cars/custom-carsho...tang-134748.php[B]

Shelby Automobiles to Build 350hp V6 Mustang

"The biggest Shelby news from SEMA today offered not a single opportunity to insert “pimping” into it. The company announced it’s building a super-hot V6 Mustang, the CS6, which will sport a Paxton supercharger and 350+ horses. The model will finally bring some much-needed sporting cred to the V6 Mustang (pictured), long derided as a hairdresser’s car, despite a relatively inspiring 210hp stock in the latest model. The company says the CS6 will “remind enthusiasts of the old GT350 — fast and strong but light on its feet.” In addition to the engine mods, the CS6 will get a custom hood, brakes and 20” American Racing wheels, as well as special Shelby Automobiles badging."

http://www.jalopnik.com/cars/news/shelby-a...tang-134765.php
Old 11/2/05, 12:22 PM
V6 Member

Its a sad day. :notnice: I hate what they do to all the cars on the pimpmy car show. I can see it now neon lights everywhere 22" rims, monitors in every crevis of the car! Ive always wished they did followup stories on the people who get their cars on the show. Mainly around the time when they need to buy new tires for their 20" rims eventhough originally they couldnt afford a cheese burger at McD's. Hopefully Shelby's team wont let them do anything horrible to the car. <_<
Old 11/2/05, 12:37 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
its kinda early for a april fools joke isn't it?
Old 11/2/05, 01:26 PM
Bullitt Member

i dont think hes joking
Old 11/2/05, 10:27 PM

Doesn't look like a joke:

http://www.shelbyautos.com/
Old 11/4/05, 12:38 PM
Bullitt Member

Well ... I dont care for WCC pimp shows and yea; i would love to see what happens to them after a year of riding their old rides.

As far as WCC goes ... I am open to what they can do ... mainly because I might turn to them ( or someone like them ) for help with my ride. If it is done with class ... I am all for it.

I have wanted them ( Ford ) to build a GT 350 ( super charger delete ) version of the GT 500. I am sure that ford has a few more special mustangs soon to come.

Like the C500s, very nice looking but I wont buy one ... however ... I wished it shape the WIDE tail lights .... I love those on the 67s

sigh
Old 11/9/05, 03:28 AM
Cobra R Member

I wanted a GT 350 from Ford, with a S/C version of our 4.6L...I wonder if the 4.6 was not a good candidate for a S/C?

anyway I built a GT350 the way Ford/CS should have done. Gonna add the Shelby rims as soon as I can afford them.

As for WCC....sometimes the body work is low dollar but spend too much on the Bling and the electronics. I saw one show that they were redoing a older car (50's or 70"S and all they did was throw on chrome valve covers, air cleaner and thats it. The car probably really needed a overhaul first.