Aftermarket 2005+ Mustangs Discuss the Offerings from Roush, Saleen, Steeda, Shinoda, and Others

How do i get on a list?

Search this Thread

Old 1/10/06, 08:06 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by 1 BULLITT@January 10, 2006, 8:35 PM
3 out of 5 dealers near where I live mainly sell trucks and SUVs, with the other two are presently well stocked with GTs. I would be surprised if more than 40% of the USA Ford dealers have a market for SVT products.
And that is in Fla. Go check out states like North Dakota, Maine, Wyoming, etc. I think the cars will be plentiful at 10K. They made close to 13k in 2003 and had a bunch of cars leftover. GT500s will sell better than the '03, but I don't think they will be rare as loch ness monsters either.
Old 1/10/06, 08:55 PM
Closet American

Originally posted by crazyhorse@January 10, 2006, 8:09 PM
They made close to 13k in 2003 and had a bunch of cars leftover. GT500s will sell better than the '03, but I don't think they will be rare as loch ness monsters either.
You mean there's more than one Loch Ness monster? :shock:

So have you decided on white for sure then, Crazyhorse?
Old 1/10/06, 11:45 PM
Cobra Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Crazy,
That avatar's pretty slick then. By the way, my favorite color combo would be the blue on white, or the white on blue. Very classic looking.
Old 1/11/06, 08:45 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by crispy23c@January 10, 2006, 3:07 PM
Umm, I think your logic is backwards, respectfully. Since Mustang sales are in retreat, they will have the extra capacity to produce Shelbys. The whole reason that the SVT Fusion was delayed was because that line was at capacity, so they delayed it for later when "sales started sagging". Just what I heard. Who knows. Ford should realize that their customer will not wait around forever. And with their recent sales figures, they cannot afford to lose 1 faithful customer. My .02
Makes sense, i hope you're right.
Old 1/11/06, 10:03 AM
Cobra Member

You guys are forgetting that you have to be an SVT Dealer to get an SVT Vehicle, not all Ford dealers are SVT, so not all of the 5,000 that you are counting are getting the GT500
Old 1/11/06, 11:27 AM
Team Mustang Source

Originally posted by rony1976@January 11, 2006, 12:06 PM
You guys are forgetting that you have to be an SVT Dealer to get an SVT Vehicle, not all Ford dealers are SVT, so not all of the 5,000 that you are counting are getting the GT500
Not any more. non-SVT dealers can get these. I guess I'm gonna have to do a search and find that letter.

Yes, at this point white/blue (actually has been all along) is my choice. I'd like to see the other colors. Blue/white has to be considered (also a classic shelby look) and the gray and/or silver can look really sharp on a car like this. I'd like to see the valencia also.
Old 1/11/06, 11:56 AM
Bullitt Member

I agree that this is the beginning of the propaganda war that the dealers will wage. They said almost the same thing about GT's (plenty people in here posted about dealers trying to tell them that the GT would be a limited production car). The only difference was, most people knew that the Mustang GT isn't a special vehicle, and that there was no way Ford would limit it's production.

You might find that your dealer friend can hook you up with a car in the end (maybe not in the first month), but he HAS to promote the legend of rarity for now, even to you, otherwise it would undermine their ability to work that line on other customers. As far as he knows, even if he'd guaranteed you MSRP and then asked you to keep it quiet, he would really have no way of ensuring you didn't mention it to someone (in confidence), who then mentions it to someone else, who then posts it in here/A N Other online forum.

My car will be paid off late next year, and I'll consider shopping for a ragtop GT500 then - making my purchase window sometime late 2007/early 2008. Hopefully by then, things will have settled down and I'll be able to find one for a fair price.
Old 1/11/06, 05:35 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally posted by FiaCobra@January 7, 2006, 7:50 PM
yes, thats right folks, how does one get on a list for the new Challenger?

I stopped by my dealership and spoke with the vice prez about my status on the GT-500 list (was #4) and was told some pretty upsetting news. Seems Ford can't keep their promise of production numbers and this particular dealership may only get 1 Shelby. Thats right, only 1 and the owner has dibs on it. I'm left wondering what's going on since this very dealership managed 3 Ford GT's. One is in the showroom this minute and just sold to "Ray" (Drummer for Twisted Sister). I'm a lil' bummed out over the whole ordeal and if i can't snag either an '07 or '08 Shelby, then i'm crossing lines over to the Challenger.

Only thing left is deciding between Plum Crazy Purple, Sublime, or Go-Mango.

Neither DC or GM have yet said they are building the Challenger and Camaro. Just a thought there. Course you can always get a Charger....
Old 1/11/06, 08:01 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally posted by crazyhorse+January 11, 2006, 1:30 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(crazyhorse @ January 11, 2006, 1:30 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'>Not any more. non-SVT dealers can get these. I guess I'm gonna have to do a search and find that letter.

Yes, at this point white/blue (actually has been all along) is my choice. I'd like to see the other colors. Blue/white has to be considered (also a classic shelby look) and the gray and/or silver can look really sharp on a car like this. I'd like to see the valencia also.
[/b]

Alright, I found it.

Letter Thread

Highlight:

<!--QuoteBegin-letter

At current projections, we expect around 7,000 units to be produced for the 2007 model year. Allocation will be as follows:
· Two incremental units for current full-line SVT dealers (605 dealers)
· One incremental unit for SVT Focus-only dealers (700 dealers)
· One unit for any dealer who completes certification requirements
· One unit for 2005 President's Award winners (343 dealers)
· Remaining production will be allocated based on a Mustang share-of-nation formula

Allocation Example:
A current full-line SVT dealer who wins the 2005 President's Award will receive four units plus any units for Mustang share-of-nation.
Example: Full Line SVT Dealer: 2
Completed certification: 1
2005 President's Award: 1
Mustang share-of-nation: TBD
Managing Customer Expectations
We are already receiving customer inquiries about GT500 availability as well as reports of dealers holding deposits for this car. Dealer allocation will not be announced until the first quarter of 2006.
[/quote]
Old 1/11/06, 08:05 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally posted by crazyhorse+January 11, 2006, 10:04 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(crazyhorse @ January 11, 2006, 10:04 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'>Alright, I found it.

Letter Thread

Highlight:

<!--QuoteBegin-letter

At current projections, we expect around 7,000 units to be produced for the 2007 model year. Allocation will be as follows:
· Two incremental units for current full-line SVT dealers (605 dealers)
· One incremental unit for SVT Focus-only dealers (700 dealers)
· One unit for any dealer who completes certification requirements
· One unit for 2005 President's Award winners (343 dealers)
· Remaining production will be allocated based on a Mustang share-of-nation formula

Allocation Example:
A current full-line SVT dealer who wins the 2005 President's Award will receive four units plus any units for Mustang share-of-nation.
Example: Full Line SVT Dealer: 2
Completed certification: 1
2005 President's Award: 1
Mustang share-of-nation: TBD
Managing Customer Expectations
We are already receiving customer inquiries about GT500 availability as well as reports of dealers holding deposits for this car. Dealer allocation will not be announced until the first quarter of 2006.
[/b][/quote]
That is only accounting for about 2500 cars. Completing certification is up to the individual dealers. I doubt many small or truck only dealers are going to do it for just one car. Share of nation is likely going to be divided up among those other 1700 dealers. Each SVT dealer should get at least 4 cars plus the share of nation depending on how big they are.

edit - ooops. I meant to edit the above post. Oh, well.
Old 1/11/06, 09:10 PM
Bullitt Member

Ok, i can see this whole thread spinning out of control. There's no conspiracies here with the dealership i'm working with, no secrets, no hidden agendas, and no pulling the wool over ones eyes.

To clarify, here's the deal with my situation. Last April, after the NY auto show, i spoke to a close friend of mine (who just happens to be the VP at my local "SVT" Ford dealership) about the GT-500. He told me then that the allocation will probably be slim. (After that "allocation" letter that came out later), he said from that letter, they can be expected to get between 3-5 cars. Not too shabby. As for price, we couldn't agree on a price since there was none so we agreed to MSRP (in writing in case you're wondering) and i gave him a deposit to ensure my end of the agreement. Everything beyond that is out of our control. Last week, he told me that they may only end up getting 1 car because SVT/Ford may not be able to meet production. He said if they get 2 cars, i'm in.

This is a close friend of mine and he doesn't benefit from lying to me knowing full well i'd be aware of it. We can all sit here and make judgement calls and can even predict what my friend will do but it doesn't matter. No one will know what will happen until it happens, including me. What i do know is if they get more than 1 car, i'll have my chance.....it's that simple.