Aftermarket 2005+ Mustangs Discuss the Offerings from Roush, Saleen, Steeda, Shinoda, and Others

Hi I am New Here!

Search this Thread

Old 6/7/05, 10:51 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by Robertt@June 7, 2005, 7:51 PM
Is Iceman like the forum clown or somin?
Well, yes and no. He is a relative newbie that thinks he knows everything about the car and everyone else is dumb. I think most of us view him as a clown, but, he is serious about his posts.
Old 6/7/05, 10:53 PM
Team Mustang Source

Don't fall for the hype. At first, they will be marked up and some fools will pay the premium. Eventually, the price will fall to normal. Also, look around. There are dealers out there that will sell them at sticker from the beginning.
Old 6/8/05, 10:25 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey im here and yes i am kind of the clown around here but that doesnt matter to me they think i am dumb cause i dont know how use punctuations and stuff. But anyways to the topic here someone on the thread said that the shelbys wont be in high demand like everyone thinks they will be and they said just look at the 03-04 cobras well first i have to say bull the shelbys will be in high demand trust me and how can you compare a shelby with the 03-04 cobra the shelby is a legend the 03-04 cobra is not big difference there. And if you can get the shelby for that price i would take it but i believe the salesman is blowing smoke the rumor is the shelby will be around 39 grand and the salesman you talked to said he can get you it for about 5 grand over the sticker i would take it trust me there will be alot of salesman asking more then that for this car and the crazy thing is people will buy. To make sure the salesman has to sell you the car when it comes out at that price is to get it in writing like a contract i would definalty pay that for this car if i where you cause it is a shelby and will hold its value i havent seen any shelby go down in price.
Old 6/8/05, 10:33 AM
Bullitt Member

Wait i missread it sorry i thought the 5 grand will be going toward the car. SO they will sell it to you for msrp but keep your 5 grand so that means all together you will pay aroun 44 or 45 if the car is 39 msrp that is still a good deal people say they will get the GT500 for msrp when it comes out but trust me noone is getting this car for msrp when it comes out unless you are the boss or friends with the boss.
Old 6/8/05, 10:36 AM
Bullitt Member

Just make sure you get a contract made up if you decide to do the deal cause salesman are like snakes.
Old 6/8/05, 11:24 AM
V6 Member

Well, I guess here is a good a place as any to deposit two pennys. The thread started with a dealer saying that he would sell a car to someone for 5K over MSRP if that person would pay the 5K upfront. At this point, I would say that deal is neither particularly good nor particularly bad. I would, however, consider some things:

Total price - $39,500(MSRP) + $1300(Gas Guz. tax) + $600(Delivery) + $200(Doc. prep) + $5000(Markup) + Sales tax + insurance = Holy Cow!! You will end up paying sales taxes and perhaps personal property tax on that extra 5K. You might, however, be able to have one of the first Shelbys around.

Production - Let's take a look back at the Mach 1 of 03 and 04. Ford said that they were going to make around 5K of them for one year. Total production spanned two years and the total was about 11K I think. The Shelbys should be available reasonably in the fall of 07 if history repeats itself.

Future model years - We have a car that will be available its first year in one certain configuration. Who is to say that the 08 and 09 model years might not have nicer refinements? We might even get an even better suspension and reliable IRS later on. Maybe even the motor out of the GT when that car goes out of production. We might even get the 351 Boss V10 out of SVT (but not in a Shelby). Who knows?

Current markups - There are Mustang GT buyers that have paid more than 5K markups. Initially, I don't know if it will be too much different with the GT500.

Me - I wouldn't pay the 5K markup to have one NOW. I am planning on getting one, but will wait and see what happens. I am actually getting myself in a financial position to buy one without financing it. I will leave you with a quote from my father, "Something is only worth what you are willing to pay for it." So, my question back at you is this - is it worth it to you?
Old 6/8/05, 11:37 AM
Mach 1 Member

LOL, you are new here Robertt but you have some things figured out already
Old 6/8/05, 11:50 AM
V6 Member

Originally posted by iceman241@June 8, 2005, 11:28 AM
But anyways to the topic here someone on the thread said that the shelbys wont be in high demand like everyone thinks they will be and they said just look at the 03-04 cobras well first i have to say bull the shelbys will be in high demand trust me and how can you compare a shelby with the 03-04 cobra the shelby is a legend the 03-04 cobra is not big difference there.
Most people could care less if the car is a Shelby or not. That may attract attention but it certainly won't be the reason people buy this car.

I'll say it again, wait 3-6 months and you will be able to pick one up at MSRP (or less). Look to the past at other hot new cars: EVO, STi, RX8, 350z, S2000, '05 Mustang, C6...etc All experienced major price gauging at first (MSRP+ $5-10k) and then the price settled at MSRP or less. I expect no less from the GT500.
Old 6/8/05, 12:49 PM

Originally posted by iceman241@June 8, 2005, 10:28 AM
Hey im here and yes i am kind of the clown around here but that doesnt matter to me they think i am dumb cause i dont know how use punctuations and stuff. But anyways to the topic here someone on the thread said that the shelbys wont be in high demand like everyone thinks they will be and they said just look at the 03-04 cobras well first i have to say bull the shelbys will be in high demand trust me and how can you compare a shelby with the 03-04 cobra the shelby is a legend the 03-04 cobra is not big difference there. And if you can get the shelby for that price i would take it but i believe the salesman is blowing smoke the rumor is the shelby will be around 39 grand and the salesman you talked to said he can get you it for about 5 grand over the sticker i would take it trust me there will be alot of salesman asking more then that for this car and the crazy thing is people will buy. To make sure the salesman has to sell you the car when it comes out at that price is to get it in writing like a contract i would definalty pay that for this car if i where you cause it is a shelby and will hold its value i havent seen any shelby go down in price.

I can not read that.... It's just a jumble of words...

Please work on your grammar!

I read all that and at the end I was like, "whoa, what?"
Old 6/8/05, 03:03 PM
Bullitt Member

Wombat there is noway that the shelby will go down in price in 3-6 months have you seen any shelby go down in price 3-6months wont happen sorry. And yes that is mostly why people will buy this car and that is mostly why it is getting so much attention cause it is a shelby take the name off of it and you have just an ordinary cobra its like taking jordans name off a shoe it wouldnt be that good same here its all about the name and ford knows that. That is funny most people could care less if its a shelby yeah whatever you say buddy that is why the old shelbys are the most sought after cars reason why cause its a shelby not a 03 cobra not a mach1 not a viper not a Ford GT its a shelby.
Old 6/8/05, 03:06 PM
Bullitt Member

And robertt ill learn to use proper grammer when you learn to spell your name right who spells there name with 2 t not anyone i know who does this guy think he is the president i was just trying to help you out.
Old 6/8/05, 04:10 PM
V6 Member

Originally posted by iceman241@June 8, 2005, 4:06 PM
Wombat there is noway that the shelby will go down in price in 3-6 months have you seen any shelby go down in price 3-6months wont happen sorry. And yes that is mostly why people will buy this car and that is mostly why it is getting so much attention cause it is a shelby take the name off of it and you have just an ordinary cobra its like taking jordans name off a shoe it wouldnt be that good same here its all about the name and ford knows that. That is funny most people could care less if its a shelby yeah whatever you say buddy that is why the old shelbys are the most sought after cars reason why cause its a shelby not a 03 cobra not a mach1 not a viper not a Ford GT its a shelby.
Iceman, you've figured out how to solve the all the problems with the domestic manufacturers! Poor sales? just add "Shelby" to the back and the car will instantly sell out. Poor resale? again, just add "Shelby" to the back and the car will be a better investment than Microsoft 10 years ago. You're right Iceman, what was I thinking. Who buys a car based on driving dynamics, quality, reliablilty, value? it's all about the S-H-E-L-B-Y. Why even test drive it? no need to put the miles on the car...after all, if we're wise we'll just roll the GT500 into a climate controlled garage, put it up on stands and let it age like fine wine. WE ALL BE MILLIONAIRS!!!! NO BILLIONAIRS!!!! MU WAH HA HA HA!
Old 6/8/05, 05:18 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by AbusiveWombat@June 8, 2005, 4:13 PM
Iceman, you've figured out how to solve the all the problems with the domestic manufacturers! Poor sales? just add "Shelby" to the back and the car will instantly sell out. Poor resale? again, just add "Shelby" to the back and the car will be a better investment than Microsoft 10 years ago. You're right Iceman, what was I thinking. Who buys a car based on driving dynamics, quality, reliablilty, value? it's all about the S-H-E-L-B-Y. Why even test drive it? no need to put the miles on the car...after all, if we're wise we'll just roll the GT500 into a climate controlled garage, put it up on stands and let it age like fine wine. WE ALL BE MILLIONAIRS!!!! NO BILLIONAIRS!!!! MU WAH HA HA HA!
Iceman...you're a funny guy!
Old 6/8/05, 05:32 PM

Originally posted by iceman241@June 8, 2005, 3:09 PM
And robertt ill learn to use proper grammer when you learn to spell your name right who spells there name with 2 t not anyone i know who does this guy think he is the president i was just trying to help you out.

I have two t's b/c the user name "robert" was already taken...

"who does this guy think he is the president"

What the heck is that supposed to mean?

Man this guy really is a clown!
Old 6/8/05, 05:36 PM

Originally posted by iceman241@June 8, 2005, 3:06 PM

WHO IS THIS GUY???????

Does he know we are laughing at him, not with him?

WHAT AN IDIOT.

I mean who wants a new car when you can get a used one? Lmao! Great theory Iceman!

I have one word for you! GENIUS!
Old 6/8/05, 06:22 PM
Team Mustang Source

I think he (iceman) is about 8 years old. He has a lot to learn. The car will go down in price. The question is when. It probably won't be 2 or 3 months, but, should be within the first year.

The terminator Cobra went through the same thing. This isn't a classic Shelby. It might be someday, but, for now it is just the top dog Mustang. Even the classic Shelby's depreciated long before they appreciated.
Old 6/8/05, 07:43 PM
Cobra Member

Robertt--now you have met iceman! I think he's well intentioned even if he is a little challenged by grammar and puntuation. And these were some of his more lucid posts.

A belated welcome to the site.
Old 6/8/05, 07:55 PM
Bullitt Member

Ok am i logged on
Old 6/8/05, 08:05 PM
Bullitt Member

Ok im logged on just checking and who cares if people are laughing at me robert unlike you i dont care what people think about me. And second is robert this stupid atleast i know what i am talking about when it comes to cars mark my words everything i have said will be fact. Ok wombat if what you say people arnt buying the car cause its a shelby doesnt make sence you know why if that was true they would keep making ordinary cobras but there not there making shelbys because people will buy more of them reason why its a shelby not just an ordinary cobra. Do a pole see which car people want a cobra or a shelby you know what people would like the shelby why cause its a shelby people like it alot already and havent even drove the car the name alone makes it the car people want cause shelby is known for having the best cars. And crazyhorse the old shelbys havent gone down in price when they first came out they sold for 7,000 dollars and you cant get one for less then 90,000 how is that going down in price. And how can you compare a shelby to the 03 cobra its like comparing jordan to a amatuer basketball player what are you thinking. There is alot of noise here so i cant concentrate hopefully stuff i am saying is making sence. Yall have alot to learn please tell me anything i said is wrong nothing i have said is wrong.
Old 6/8/05, 08:08 PM
Bullitt Member

And it might not be a classic shelby but still its a shelby and carrol shelby isnt going to make a car if it goes down in price wont happen in no year.