Aftermarket 2005+ Mustangs Discuss the Offerings from Roush, Saleen, Steeda, Shinoda, and Others

Ford's webpage now has pictures of the SHELBY.

Search this Thread

Old 3/22/05, 08:58 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looks kinda like this...

Old 3/22/05, 09:04 PM
FR500 Member

Originally posted by Rampant@March 22, 2005, 5:42 PM
If they price that anywhere near $35k (which seems plausible to me, given the live rear axle), that is going to be an unbeatable car for the money.

The only problem is it will take $50k to get it. At 7,500 units that's projected, it won't matter what the M.S.R.P. is. The guy with the most cash will get it.
Old 3/22/05, 09:08 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by SixtySix@March 22, 2005, 9:48 PM
Oh and Robert, the reason that link no longer works is because someone at Ford interactive "realized" or let that press kit fly in the wild for awhile. It now requires a login. That's why you see a session ID in the URL now, where as before it was a direct link to the press kit.
Thank you.
Old 3/22/05, 09:09 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by FireDragon@March 22, 2005, 10:01 PM

Looks kinda like this...

Old 3/22/05, 09:13 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by SixtySix+March 22, 2005, 10:07 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(SixtySix @ March 22, 2005, 10:07 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-Rampant@March 22, 2005, 5:42 PM
If they price that anywhere near $35k (which seems plausible to me, given the live rear axle), that is going to be an unbeatable car for the money.

The only problem is it will take $50k to get it. At 7,500 units that's projected, it won't matter what the M.S.R.P. is. The guy with the most cash will get it.
[/b][/quote]
I expect markup - but I don't think it will be THAT bad. They made something like 5400 Bullitts - if memory serves - and you could quite readily get them at MSRP.

Anybody who pays more than MSRP is a s-u-c-k-e-r or a fool, IMO. You shouldn't even have to pay MSRP, but I'll accept that in the case of this car you will, due to limited production. Ford really ought to crack down on dealer price gouging. It's just another one of the customer service issues that's been contributing to their dwindling sales.
Old 3/22/05, 09:14 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
That whale is eating everything in its path!!!!....Just like my Shelby will do. I like the sound of that...My Shelby.
Old 3/22/05, 09:18 PM
Cobra R Member

I agree Kevin! I like the sound of that too.
Old 3/22/05, 09:21 PM
Bow Chica Bow Wow
TMS Staff

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally posted by Route 66@March 22, 2005, 9:16 PM
I love the SVT people that don't like the SHELBY lettering on tail. Would you prefer COBRA cut into the back bumper. Now that's ugly. THis is very sporty and classy looking. I dig it big time.

Well I'd prefer neither but if i had to choose I'll take the Cobra lettering
Old 3/22/05, 09:29 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by SixtySix+March 22, 2005, 10:07 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(SixtySix @ March 22, 2005, 10:07 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-Rampant@March 22, 2005, 5:42 PM

[/b][/quote]
well i dont think there was a shortage of 04 cobras and they only made 5600

"2004 Cobra Production Numbers:
The final 2004 Cobra built was a Redfire convertible which rolled off the assembly line on March 31, 2004. Ford built a total of 5,664 (all colors included) Cobras for the 2004 model year."

and 03 was only about 12k 7500 isnt that small of a number....the fact is most mustang sales are still v6's then gts and cobras last....i think there will be more then enough to go around.....
Old 3/22/05, 09:32 PM
Bow Chica Bow Wow
TMS Staff

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts
the cobra didn't have the S-H-E-L-B-Y on the back

that makes all the difference....just look at all the gushing goin on around here in the last couple days. That says volumes.
Old 3/22/05, 09:34 PM
GT Member

Originally posted by snkbtn99@March 22, 2005, 9:09 PM
255's !!!!!!! 255's !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NO IRS ......... Cross drilled rotors .....

darn I was hoping for a track car .... Why the heck the splitter then ?
They've done drilled rotors on show cars and concept cars before.Doesn't mean it will be on the production car.
275s will be my first mod.
Old 3/22/05, 09:34 PM
Team Mustang Source

I have to agree BM. Shelby fans will crawl out of the woodwork when they see this car. The '05 itself has created a huge buzz. they are getting over sticker for those. When was the last time a Mustang GT got over sticker?
Old 3/22/05, 09:37 PM
GT Member

Originally posted by burningman+March 22, 2005, 11:24 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(burningman @ March 22, 2005, 11:24 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-Route 66@March 22, 2005, 9:16 PM
I love the SVT people that don't like the SHELBY lettering on tail. Would you prefer COBRA cut into the back bumper. Now that's ugly. THis is very sporty and classy looking. I dig it big time.

Well I'd prefer neither but if i had to choose I'll take the Cobra lettering
[/b][/quote]

Well, since there's a plate in the back bumper now, you don't get to choose. Someone chose for you.
Old 3/22/05, 09:39 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally posted by new22003+March 22, 2005, 3:32 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(new22003 @ March 22, 2005, 3:32 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-CatmanJJ@March 22, 2005, 3:30 PM
Interesting how it has DOHC 4v heads as well.
Yeah lots of people swore that their "source" said it would be a 3 valve or sohc. The 2005+ mustang has to be the car with the most amount of fake/false information ever created.
[/b][/quote]

Yes, but lots of people also reminded everyone that the info was sketchy and unverified. However, a 'lot of people' also had some very accurate information regarding this car.

Give everyone some credit - it's a heck of a car.
Old 3/22/05, 11:15 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by crazyhorse@March 22, 2005, 10:37 PM
I have to agree BM. Shelby fans will crawl out of the woodwork when they see this car. The '05 itself has created a huge buzz. they are getting over sticker for those. When was the last time a Mustang GT got over sticker?
I respectfully must disagree here. People are going nuts because it's the new top end Cobra Mustang, not necessarily because Shelby's name is attached. In fact, look how many posters here would prefer NOT to have the Shelby name on the car. One - whose name shall remain anonymous - is even disingenuously trying to claim that they're "in the know," and allege that there will be two Cobra variants, which sounds highly suspect to me.

The over 40 crowd will undoubtedly flock to the new Shelby - but most of the younger people here don't seem to care about the name...and a few don't even want it.

I do think there will be enough of these to go around. The big question is: Will there be more than one model year for this car, and I'm beginning to suspect there probably will be. Limited production doesn't necessarily mean ONLY one year...it just means limited numbers within a single model year.

This IS the Cobra, folks.
Old 3/22/05, 11:32 PM
Cobra R Member

I was hoping we'd get shelby tail lights, and maybe a subtle side scoop or something in the quarter window... Other than that?? I LOVE IT!! Now i can finally pay attention to school. Its a good thing i stayed away from computers all day or i wouldn't a gotten a thing done.

I'm still hoping for some kind of surprise tomorrow. My hopes are for the supercooler! ie the entire trunk is a water tight beer container! i mean ie the air conditioner can ad 50hp at the push of a button!
Old 3/23/05, 01:07 AM

Wow a lot of post in just a few hours. I just got back home after seeing the car and think SVT did a nice job. There is nothing wrong IMHO with giving a the nod to Shelby. He did make the first Mustang Cobra. This is a factory tuner car with a warranty for 8 to 10 grand more then a GT. I mean look what you get for the price. A S/C 5.4 with better heads then the 03/04 and a upgraded T56 trans, bigger brakes,19” wheels This car is made to go out and rip on the track and drive home with the A/C on. It’s just nice they made it look good. When these hit the streets and start getting mods they’re going to dominate. To me the Cobra’s are street legal factory race cars. These are going to be a lot of car and a lot fun to drive
Old 3/23/05, 01:33 AM
Cobra R Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by FireDragon@March 23, 2005, 4:01 AM

Looks kinda like this...

Actually, It Looks A Lot Like This!

Old 3/23/05, 05:44 AM
Team Mustang Source

Originally posted by Robert+March 23, 2005, 1:18 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Robert @ March 23, 2005, 1:18 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-crazyhorse@March 22, 2005, 10:37 PM
I respectfully must disagree here. People are going nuts because it's the new top end Cobra Mustang, not necessarily because Shelby's name is attached. In fact, look how many posters here would prefer NOT to have the Shelby name on the car. One - whose name shall remain anonymous - is even disingenuously trying to claim that they're "in the know," and allege that there will be two Cobra variants, which sounds highly suspect to me.

The over 40 crowd will undoubtedly flock to the new Shelby - but most of the younger people here don't seem to care about the name...and a few don't even want it.

I do think there will be enough of these to go around. The big question is: Will there be more than one model year for this car, and I'm beginning to suspect there probably will be. Limited production doesn't necessarily mean ONLY one year...it just means limited numbers within a single model year.

[/b][/quote]
I must respectfully disagree with your respectful disagreeing here. Just like the fever the Mustang GT has created because of its reference to the 60s cars, the Shelby will bring out a lot of people (yes, most of them near or over 40) that always wanted one and otherwise had no interest in the current mustangs. Both of these cars are also selling on their own merits as you say, but, a significant portion of the buys are emotional.

You may be right about only one car. I have no idea. But, you'll look pretty silly if there are 2 after bashing that guy so much. For all we know it may be HTT himself (of course, I doubt that). Maybe we should leave him alone until we have the answers. I've read several posts from you sounding like an insider and nobody picks on you. I like having potential insiders around on the board. I'm not trying to dog you or start a fight, I just think it is basically personal attack against the guy. If you disagree, say so, but, try not to call him a lier until we know he is lying.

Peace.
Old 3/23/05, 05:55 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by crazyhorse+March 23, 2005, 6:47 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(crazyhorse @ March 23, 2005, 6:47 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'>
Originally posted by Robert@March 23, 2005, 1:18 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-crazyhorse
@March 22, 2005, 10:37 PM

I must respectfully disagree with your respectful disagreeing here. Just like the fever the Mustang GT has created because of its reference to the 60s cars, the Shelby will bring out a lot of people (yes, most of them near or over 40) that always wanted one and otherwise had no interest in the current mustangs. Both of these cars are also selling on their own merits as you say, but, a significant portion of the buys are emotional.

You may be right about only one car. I have no idea. But, you'll look pretty silly if there are 2 after bashing that guy so much. For all we know it may be HTT himself (of course, I doubt that). Maybe we should leave him alone until we have the answers. I've read several posts from you sounding like an insider and nobody picks on you. I like having potential insiders around on the board. I'm not trying to dog you or start a fight, I just think it is basically personal attack against the guy. If you disagree, say so, but, try not to call him a lier until we know he is lying.

Peace.
[/b][/quote]
Disagreeing with your respectful disagreement of my respectful disagreeing. (This better stop here or it will get way too confusing).

Yeah, you could be right - it could bring people out in droves. The good news is that in the current Autoweek interview, Tai-Tang said that they will build as many as people want to buy, even though the intial run will be 7500 vehicles (which is still significantly more than they made of the 03-04 Cobras).

As to our poster friend - I smell a poser. If you look closely at a couple of his other posts, he tips his hat by fishing around for details about the car just like everybody else. If I'm wrong - though I don't think I am - and there are two cars announced, then I will leave this board with my tail tucked between my legs and never post here again. But I'm pretty good at spotting BS from a relatively new person with no proven credentials or track record to back up his or her assertions.

But, you're right, maybe I'm being a little harsh on the guy, so in the interests of respect and diplomacy, I'll knock it off. Fair enough?

Quick Reply: Ford's webpage now has pictures of the SHELBY.