Aftermarket 2005+ Mustangs Discuss the Offerings from Roush, Saleen, Steeda, Shinoda, and Others

Best in show?

Search this Thread

Old 11/6/04, 11:06 AM
Cam Tease

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SEMA.....

(a ) Which mustang was the best in show, exterior/body wise?

and

(B ) What is your ultimate mix-match-mut, combining peices from various manufactures to create your favorite stang.

personally:

(a ) I think the MRT interceptor is the best in show (with a three- way tie for second between the Tiger racing, 3DCarbon, and the red with white stripe CDC)

(B ) Take the 3DCarbon, replace grill and lights with those from the GT-R, replace spoiler with the MRT ducktail, replace wheels with the Steeda 5 spokes (even cooler if they were anthracite or black, possibly that CDC glassback roof, possibly the rear louvers from the Interceptor, and give it a nice coat of shiny black paint.

(that sort of mixes design style-- the mad max muscle look of the Interceptor with the cobra R-esque racing style of the 3DCarbon--.....but whatever i think it would look awesome)
Old 11/6/04, 11:50 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
i love the scoops on the white cdc the mrt was awesome the 3d carbon dang that hood is hot and well there are few things i dont like
Old 11/6/04, 12:03 PM
Bullitt Member

I dont know if its a really good thing for Ford or a not so good thing for the tuners .... but the best of the show were the two from the factory ... the GTR and the 5.0 Cammer (white). Nothin else was even close to them.
Old 11/6/04, 12:34 PM
Team Mustang Source

The Goodyear was best. Add to it the 3dcarbon rear bumper the whipple charger, some sparco or recaro seats. Replace the aluminum dash with wood. The black rims that were on the MRT. The chin spoiler that Steeda had on the photos not the actual car. Paint it green with white stipes. And maybe the glassback roof. The ducktail from the Goodyear. And this grill but I think the tribar could be done better.

This rear is the one several cars had it the area between the pipes

These door speakers the blue on the speaker surround matches the door insert that is very nice
Old 11/6/04, 12:43 PM
Bullitt Member

The Roush looks better than the first pictures, Steeda would look good if they changed the wing, Saleen overdone, The car is one that is hard to make better, simple mods are what is going to make the car stand out. Wheels, tires, ride height, a nice hood and a ducktail will make this car really look good.