Aftermarket 2005+ Mustangs Discuss the Offerings from Roush, Saleen, Steeda, Shinoda, and Others

Anyone Want a 2005 Bash Mustang GT-SR

Search this Thread

Old 2/22/06, 06:02 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think they do have release date, and a magazine article I really hate it when this kind ofthing happens. People bash a company before they even get a chance to show there stuff
Old 2/22/06, 06:04 PM
Mach 1 Member

I think they do have release date, and a magazine article I really hate it when this kind ofthing happens. People bash a company before they even get a chance to show there stuff
Old 2/22/06, 06:48 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
I wonder if they get to dyno the electric supercharger in the article? You don't show simply a print of someone elses car with contradictory information and ask for $90,000.00.
Old 2/22/06, 08:38 PM
TDS
Super Moderator
TMS Staff

Electric Supercharger?, Is that like the australian car in Mad Max, Road Warrior movies? He activated it with a switch in the car. Supposedly worked like the electric clutch unit on an a/c compressor.
Don't think it is a "real" article. If it was, don't you think that one of the exsisting supercharger companies would have developed and sold it by now?

Keep your $90,000.00 in your pocket or elese go but 2 or 3 real cars as investments.

TDS [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/lol.gif[/img]
Old 2/22/06, 09:00 PM
Bullitt Member

Well I think you all are right, looks like this "bash" folks would build the car after they get your money, not a real warm fuzzy place to spend my 90 k I think. That said how many Hp can you get with our 4.6 and say twin superchargers? Could you get 800hp with twin SC's? and more importantly how dependable would such a high strung beast be for daily driving? Sounds more like a Pro-Street set up to me, tubed wheels and slicks and all.
Old 2/24/06, 10:04 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
anyone figure out what the deal is with the 'other car' link I posted above in post 20?
Old 3/2/06, 08:41 AM

Its a car we customized that is up for sale
Old 3/2/06, 09:37 AM
Mach 1 Member

^^ I smell horse poo [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]

Matt
Old 3/2/06, 10:13 AM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(bash performance @ March 2, 2006, 9:44 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
[/b][/quote]

Here's your chance guy... Alot of people here are very leary of the Bash opperations. Chime in with answers to some of the questions. Remember, facts are our friends.... These boards can make or break you.

Here's mine: How the frigging heck are you getting 800hp out of 3v 4.6 using an electric SC?
Old 3/2/06, 10:29 AM
Bullitt Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(2006GT @ March 2, 2006, 12:16 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Here's mine: How the frigging heck are you getting 800hp out of 3v 4.6 using an electric SC?
[/b][/quote]

[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/dunno.gif[/img]

Maybe 1.21 Gigawatts going to an Electric Supercharger will generate enough boost to reach 800hp?

Old 3/2/06, 10:44 AM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(FinlayZJ @ March 2, 2006, 11:32 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/dunno.gif[/img]

Maybe 1.21 Gigawatts going to an Electric Supercharger will generate enough boost to reach 800hp?

[/b][/quote]

That's it FinlayZJ! A flux Compacitor! I'm sure we can find one on EBay....
Old 3/2/06, 11:02 AM
Team Mustang Source Legacy Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
I've seen articles on "electric superchargers", where they basically took a centrifigual charger and instead of hooking it up to the belt system added an electric motor on it. In that configuration, you could get plenty of boost, but controlling how much would be a bit tricky. You'd have to program the speed of the charger somehow, and control fuel and timing to match. I'm certainly not even close to an expert on boosting a car, but I wouldn't think it'd be easy to do that way. Unless you went simple and your electric motor had just 2 settings, on and off. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink.gif[/img]
Old 3/2/06, 11:25 AM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(jayguy @ March 2, 2006, 12:05 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
I've seen articles on "electric superchargers", where they basically took a centrifigual charger and instead of hooking it up to the belt system added an electric motor on it. In that configuration, you could get plenty of boost, but controlling how much would be a bit tricky. You'd have to program the speed of the charger somehow, and control fuel and timing to match. I'm certainly not even close to an expert on boosting a car, but I wouldn't think it'd be easy to do that way. Unless you went simple and your electric motor had just 2 settings, on and off. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink.gif[/img]
[/b][/quote]

Yep. They are rather a new. I look at them as a Gimmicks. Basically it's about like putting a blow drier up to your intake tube. From what I've read, they produce MAYBE 1 PSI. And that's on a good day when all the planet are inline... Don't pay attention to the CFM ratings, it's all about PSI when it comes to forced induction.

An electric blower would be awesome. No drag, etc. But it would be expensive and take a lot of elec. power to get that PSI up to a respectable level.
Old 3/2/06, 11:58 AM
Cobra Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(bash performance @ March 2, 2006, 10:44 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
[/b][/quote]

If you guys already customized it, why aren't you posting REAL pictures? That chop takes credibility away from you guys, that's a no brainer
Old 3/2/06, 12:29 PM

NO, I WAS REFERING TO THE SILVER ELEANOR MUSTANG WE CUSTOMIZED
Old 3/2/06, 12:34 PM

What about my question Bash? It's BS, isn't it...
Old 3/2/06, 01:52 PM

Silence is compliance. It's [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/bs2.gif[/img] .
Old 3/2/06, 09:41 PM
Mach 1 Member

To me, this is abig kick in the face to companies who are trying to make parts people want. By bashing these companies before they finish production of something, I think you are only going to slow things down. If you dont like it when its finished thats cool but its something I see all over the net. Just pisses me off, that everyone asks for something and then when it actually is getting made they are calling BS etc. poo just wait and see, could be good could be crap but Id rather have ethem finish before I make my judgements
Old 3/3/06, 05:53 AM
Bullitt Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(cruisin @ March 2, 2006, 11:44 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Just pisses me off, that everyone asks for something and then when it actually is getting made they are calling BS etc. poo just wait and see, could be good could be crap but Id rather have ethem finish before I make my judgements
[/b][/quote]

Their ebay at states that the 4.6L 3V with forged internals will have 800hp and 850ft-lbs on 91 octane. All this is done with an electric supercharged. I have no problem with an a new vendor coming to the board and showing their product, or backing it up. However, they made this claim on their ebay ad, and the question was posed as to how this power was made using the constraints they laid down. So far, no response. I personally do not see how this much power could be obtained, and neither does 2006GT. So he threw up the [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/bs.gif[/img] until there is some explanation. If Bash wants to come back and say they got a little excited and inflated some numbers, fine. But a question was asked, and no answer because those numbers are likely [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/bs.gif[/img]
Old 3/3/06, 02:27 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(FinlayZJ @ March 3, 2006, 6:56 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Their ebay at states that the 4.6L 3V with forged internals will have 800hp and 850ft-lbs on 91 octane. All this is done with an electric supercharged. I have no problem with an a new vendor coming to the board and showing their product, or backing it up. However, they made this claim on their ebay ad, and the question was posed as to how this power was made using the constraints they laid down. So far, no response. I personally do not see how this much power could be obtained, and neither does 2006GT. So he threw up the [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/bs.gif[/img] until there is some explanation. If Bash wants to come back and say they got a little excited and inflated some numbers, fine. But a question was asked, and no answer because those numbers are likely [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/bs.gif[/img]
[/b][/quote]

Exactly. I don't bash (no pun) anyone vendor and anyone without cause. I called them out on a question and it does not appear they are going to or are willing to answer. If they can explain the numbers, great! But they're not. Is that too much to ask from a vendor?

Say I have a business (legit) and a customer asks a question regarding the specs on one of my products. If I don't answer that question, how does that make me look? Better yet. How long do you think I'll be in business?

Bottom line is this. It's up to the vendor to market their product. Part of that marketing is establishing credibility. 800hp out of a electric SC is not credible.

Quick Reply: Anyone Want a 2005 Bash Mustang GT-SR