Aftermarket 2005+ Mustangs Discuss the Offerings from Roush, Saleen, Steeda, Shinoda, and Others

?? about value of Roush 427R.. trade in etc..

Search this Thread

Old 4/15/08, 06:18 PM
V10
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by BULLITT INTERCEPTOR
Sorry Dude, you're smokin' from the Wrong end of the pipe.

If you think that the new Shelby (read SVT) is going to hold its value and ever achieve the lofty values of the TRUE Shelby's of the late 60's, you are seriously delusional and should probably get back on your meds.....quickly.

The "shelbys" WILL depreciate just like Saleen, Roush, Mach 1, Bullitt, etc etc...

This elitest my "Shelby" is better than everyone elses Mustang attitude, exhibited by some owners is BS.

Shelby contributed NOTHING to that vehicle other than his name...

There is a site for those with need help with there inferiority complex..

www.teamshelby.com.
Not talking about classic Mustangs, I'm talking only about S197 Mustangs.

The GT-500 will hold it's value far better than other aftermarket S197 Mustangs.
If you don't agree, it's you with the wrong end of the pipe stuck in your orifice.

I'm not saying the GT-500 won't depreiate, it certainly will because Ford is making so many of them.
But the GT-500 will depreiate less than Roushs & Saleens.

Shelby name has nothing to do with it.

The only possible exceptions could be very limited SEs like the PJ and Gurney Saleens, but since they're such very limited production they don't count.

BTW, What's a 69 GT-500 worth compared to a 69 Boss 429?

Last edited by V10; 4/15/08 at 06:34 PM.
Old 4/15/08, 09:04 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sorry Dude, you're smokin' from the Wrong end of the pipe.The "shelbys" WILL depreciate just like Saleen, Roush, Mach 1, Bullitt, etc etc...

This elitest my "Shelby" is better than everyone elses Mustang attitude, exhibited by some owners is BS.

Shelby contributed NOTHING to that vehicle other than his name...

There is a site for those with need help with there inferiority complex..

www.teamshelby.com.
What Shelby did right though was to get a VIN specific to his vehicle. You know it is a GT-500 just by looking at the VIN. NADA and the secondary market do NOT recognize Roush vehicles. (NADA is huge for bank loan value, and consumer price index)

Here's proof...Go look up the value of a 2004 Roush 380R. Then go look up the value of a 2004 SVT Cobra. (The Cobra was about $8000 cheaper back in 2004.)

Guess what..there are NO values for the 380R...none! That's because they took a GT and built it at the Roush Ind factory. So you have to use the GT book value....Now compare the price of the Cobra and you will be crying!

It's a real shame Roush does not care about its customers enough to list with NADA and come up with a better way to certify their vehicles. How do I know? I got burned with my 2001 Stage 1 I tried to sell in 2004. It was my first and LAST Roush I will ever own. If I want a SE, it will be Ford based.
Old 4/16/08, 01:59 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by V10
Not talking about classic Mustangs, I'm talking only about S197 Mustangs.

The GT-500 will hold it's value far better than other aftermarket S197 Mustangs.
If you don't agree, it's you with the wrong end of the pipe stuck in your orifice.

Yet another ignorant remark. Good job.

I'm not saying the GT-500 won't depreiate, it certainly will because Ford is making so many of them.
But the GT-500 will depreiate less than Roushs & Saleens.

Shelby name has nothing to do with it.

The only possible exceptions could be very limited SEs like the PJ and Gurney Saleens, but since they're such very limited production they don't count.

So by this logic, where would the 229 Stage 3 Roush vehicles produced in 2006 fall?
I would certainly consider that limited production versus the say OVER 10,000 SVT Shelbys built so far...or how 'bout the 428R (100 built) BlackJack (200 built) and the P51A (151 built)

Please.......

Are you kidding me???? The 69-and 70 Shelby Mustangs WERENT EVEN BUILT AT SHELBY!!!

Get you facts straight dude...

Old 4/16/08, 02:05 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by n4agoodtyme
What Shelby did right though was to get a VIN specific to his vehicle. You know it is a GT-500 just by looking at the VIN. NADA and the secondary market do NOT recognize Roush vehicles. (NADA is huge for bank loan value, and consumer price index)

Here's proof...Go look up the value of a 2004 Roush 380R. Then go look up the value of a 2004 SVT Cobra. (The Cobra was about $8000 cheaper back in 2004.)

Guess what..there are NO values for the 380R...none! That's because they took a GT and built it at the Roush Ind factory. So you have to use the GT book value....Now compare the price of the Cobra and you will be crying!

It's a real shame Roush does not care about its customers enough to list with NADA and come up with a better way to certify their vehicles. How do I know? I got burned with my 2001 Stage 1 I tried to sell in 2004. It was my first and LAST Roush I will ever own. If I want a SE, it will be Ford based.
It would appear that maybe you did not consider all the factors prior to you making your purchase. And you compounded your problem by allowing yourself to take a loss on the sale.

I am sorry you had a poor experience, but fact of the matter is a car or anything else for that matter is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it.

Roush IS listed in the NADA, however no values are in place as of yet simply because

1. Production of units is still exteremly small with respect to any other automobile manufacturer.

2. And an even smaller number have changed hands, most folks who buy the Roush products generally keep them for a long period of time. There are however some exceptions, like yourself)
Old 4/16/08, 06:22 PM
Bullitt Member

It would appear that maybe you did not consider all the factors prior to you making your purchase. And you compounded your problem by allowing yourself to take a loss on the sale.
What considerations are talking about...I bought a premium, limited edition car that i thought would hold the same depreciation rate that any other mustang would hold. My only problem was I had faith in Roush Industries..I wrong. I sold the car outright, but it took sooooo long because of the NADA value. Banks would only loan so much, and I had to have an individual with cash in hand.

I am sorry you had a poor experience, but fact of the matter is a car or anything else for that matter is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it.
Interesting quote...

One of the original stage 3 1998 mustangs went up for sale on Barret Jackson...Guess what it sold for....$12,000. Why? They do not Document Anything! If you think that is the way it is..you are sadly mistaken. Roush is hurting their buyers by not listing in the secondary market.

IRoush IS listed in the NADA, however no values are in place as of yet simply because

1. Production of units is still exteremly small with respect to any other automobile manufacturer.

2. And an even smaller number have changed hands, most folks who buy the Roush products generally keep them for a long period of time. There are however some exceptions, like yourself)
#1. Saleen is about the same if not less production than Roush...they ARE listed in NADA WITH PRICES!!!!! Roush does not have anything because they are unwilling to work with NADA. You don't have to believe me, but do some research with ROEA and call Roush directly. I did...they told me it was too costly to be listed. In other words, they charge a premium price, and offer lackluster service for their clients. If Saleen can do it...why can't Roush?!?!?!

#2. Re-read the beginning of this thread. It is about someone who wants to trade in a Roush vehicle....so apparently I was not the only person in the history of Roush that re-sold it. Most people don't keep their cars forever....some do, some don't...regardless of that fact why wouldn't you want to have documentation of the value of your car?

Here's the deal...I used to defend Roush to everyone because..
#1. All of the modifications I wanted to do were already done and I could finance it at the dealership

#2. All modifications were warrentied! Supercharger, suspension...everything!

#3. They were rare, and you didn't see 100 of them at every show...

So I understand where you are coming from by defending them.
BUT, I came to a realization that when the warranty ran out, they could care less about you. You say that you are not going to sell your car .... Fine, I hope you have many great miles, and it is all you wanted it to be... But let's say something horrible happens and your garage burns with the car inside, you car is involved in a terrible accident, etc. ( I hope you NEVER have this happen, but hear me out)

When you try to get a value of your car with insurance or another insurance of someone who might have damaged your car, they will only give you base GT price. Nothing more. Regardless of how much over the regular GT price you paid, its VIN says GT mustang. That's all your going to get. Sad but true. That makes Roush the worlds fastest depreciating mustang.

I understand where you are coming from, but I hope you understand my point as well.

Last edited by n4agoodtyme; 4/16/08 at 06:24 PM.
Old 4/16/08, 07:28 PM
AKA 1 BULLITT------------ Legacy TMS Member

Received 342 Likes on 215 Posts
... They do not Document Anything!
With respect to insurance companies dealing with the Roush or Saleen, aren't the Roush/Saleen window stickers considered as prove of their value in event of a claim?
Old 4/16/08, 07:58 PM
V10
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
[/color]

Are you kidding me???? The 69-and 70 Shelby Mustangs WERENT EVEN BUILT AT SHELBY!!!

Get you facts straight dude...
I have my facts straight, I am well aware that 69 - 70 Sheby Mustangs were "built" by AO Smith. You completely missed why I chose to single out 69-70 Shelbys.

But since you're the "expert", care to explain why Boss 429s are worth a ton of $$ even though they were built by Kar Kraft?

You're also ignoring that Ford contracted Sheby to make the 65 - 68 Shelby Mustangs which puts them in a different class than all other aftermarket modified Mustangs that were not developed with Ford's backing and funding.

Apparantly you didn't read the beginning of this thread about the guy who can't get squat for his Roush.

There is no arguing the fact that desirable factory models, eg. Boss 302, Boss 429, S197 GT-500 hold their value better than aftermarket cars like Saleen & Roush.
Old 4/16/08, 08:20 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by 1 BULLITT
With respect to insurance companies dealing with the Roush or Saleen, aren't the Roush/Saleen window stickers considered as prove of their value in event of a claim?
Only Saleen has the sticker re-done..

Roush just adds an extra sticker to it...

In 2001, I had my ford sticker, and then another sticker in the window (without the VIN) with the upgrades and upgraded price.
Old 4/17/08, 12:06 AM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Received 592 Likes on 425 Posts
Only Saleen has the sticker re-done..

Roush just adds an extra sticker to it...

In 2001, I had my ford sticker, and then another sticker in the window (without the VIN) with the upgrades and upgraded price.
I believe that is because Saleen is classified as a manufacturer, not an after market "tuner". Seems like I read somewhere that for the last few years they have been issued specific VIN #'s for the cars they receive. Unless I'm mistaken, when you run the VIN on newer Saleens, it comes back as a Saleen S-281, S-302, H-302 etc., not a Ford Mustang. I could be wrong though.

Like I said earlier, the limited numbers of the Roush cars doesn't seem to be doing much for their prices here. The area I'm from is pretty rural and they have 5 new stage 1's sitting on the lot with $2500 rebate written on the windows, and two new 428R's (which they only made 200 I think) that are marked down $9000 below sticker price. ($40,900 written on the window). I can only imagine what the resale or even worse, trade in, on one of them would be in a year.
Old 3/4/20, 10:46 PM

Originally Posted by xpinoy
here's a pic
do you still iwn the 427R☺
Old 3/9/20, 04:06 PM
THE RED FLASH ------Moderator

Received 1,965 Likes on 1,590 Posts
I wouldn't count on getting a response anytime soon from the OP. His last activity on this site was from 5 years ago and no post responses on this thread since 2008.