Aftermarket 2005+ Mustangs Discuss the Offerings from Roush, Saleen, Steeda, Shinoda, and Others

2007 Parnelli Jones Edition Saleen Mustang

Search this Thread

Old 4/18/06, 07:30 AM
Cobra Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(V10 @ April 17, 2006, 6:48 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
The name "Boss" does not appear anywhere on the PJ Saleen.

Looks like we got a real exquisite feeling release of liquid waste product match going Pacetter.

There is no information anywhere that says the PJ Saleen's engine is bored out.
Please provide links to the information that says it's bored out.
If you don't have any I'll have to assume that your assumption about it being bored out is nothing but a pure guess.

Yes my comment about the heads being ported is a guess, but since the Saleen info talks about them having a high RPM valve train and higher compression it's an educated guess. If you change the valve train and up the compression ratio you might as well port the heads as that's how you get a big HP increase, especially at high RPM on a N/A engine. Prevously published info. has show there are big airflow gains to be had by porting the 3V heads.
[/b][/quote]
Only marginally exquisite... [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrinjester.gif[/img]

For the last time (hopefully) this IS a 4.6 variant, be it bored, stroked, or both. It is NOT a pushrod V8, as a previous poster asked. It is a FACT (not a guess) that this a 4.6 based variant as previously stated, it is a GUESS (not a fact) that the heads have been ported. The companies that are porting heads are achieving far greater gains than 70 hp. I have seen claims of 400 rwhp, albeit with a "ragged edge" tune, and up to 380 rwhp on a "safe tune. All this without the added displacement.

Hope this clears everything up! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/04.gif[/img]
Old 4/18/06, 07:41 AM
Cobra Member

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts
I want to know what the wheel and tire sizes are on that car, along with how much its been lowered. Because personally i think that it is those fact that make this car look so good. Any mustang can look awsome with the right stance. So what are the sizes and drop? [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/dunno.gif[/img]
Old 4/18/06, 08:23 AM
Cobra Member

Here's my question. Is Saleen purchasing body white GT's and painting them a 'custom' Grabber Orange or... are they ordering them from Ford in 'standard' Grabber Orange?

To get to the point... are we seeing the Grabber Orange that Ford is coming out with in 2007? I'm ordering a GT blind and I'm hoping I'm looking at what will be coming this summer!

[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/yes.gif[/img]
Old 4/18/06, 09:21 AM
Cobra R Member

i am willing to bet they are painting the cars themselves.

i went to the monterey historics once, and the color that is on the factory 70 boss race cars is a much more yellow than the grabber they are putting on the factory cars. more like the valencia you see on the gt-r.

i think.

and i agree i would like to know what the exact drop and wheels that are on it. i hope saleen will sell the wheels seperate.
Old 4/18/06, 05:00 PM
V10
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(PACETTR @ April 18, 2006, 7:33 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Only marginally exquisite... [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrinjester.gif[/img]
[/b][/quote]

You gotta love Brad's language filter that removes any word that every 3rd grader in the US uses every day of the week on the school playground.
[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumbsdown.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/banghead.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumbsdown.gif[/img]

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(PACETTR @ April 18, 2006, 7:33 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
For the last time (hopefully) this IS a 4.6 variant, be it bored, stroked, or both. It is NOT a pushrod V8, as a previous poster asked. It is a FACT (not a guess) that this a 4.6 based variant as previously stated, it is a GUESS (not a fact) that the heads have been ported. The companies that are porting heads are achieving far greater gains than 70 hp. I have seen claims of 400 rwhp, albeit with a "ragged edge" tune, and up to 380 rwhp on a "safe tune. All this without the added displacement.

Hope this clears everything up! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/04.gif[/img]
[/b][/quote]

OK I hear you.
If I understand you correctly you were merely pointing out that the engine in the PJ is based off the 4.6L - 3V mod motor, NOT any of the old Ford pushrod motors.

I'm on the program with you. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/04.gif[/img]

Now, will you get on the program with me and admit that neither of us know if the bore on the PJ 302 is the same as a 4.6 or is going to be increased? [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/dunno.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/icon_mrgreen.gif[/img]
Old 4/18/06, 06:28 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
NICE PICS
Old 4/18/06, 06:39 PM
Team Mustang Source

MORE NICE PICS
Old 4/18/06, 06:57 PM
Team Mustang Source

AND SOME MORE

OKAY I'LL STOP!

Old 4/18/06, 08:28 PM
Cobra Member

My God that is a gorgeous car!!! If Ford doesn't produce something identical for their Boss SE they are truly inept!!! HINT, HINT FORD!!! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/04.gif[/img]
Old 4/18/06, 09:07 PM
Cobra Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(MustangFanatic @ April 18, 2006, 10:31 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
My God that is a gorgeous car!!! If Ford doesn't produce something identical for their Boss SE they are truly inept!!! HINT, HINT FORD!!! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/04.gif[/img]
[/b][/quote]

Getcha a Grabber Orange GT and make one yourself! Now that I've seen these recent shots, I'm convinced the Grabber Orange on the PJ tribute will be the same color Ford will use on it's cars.
Old 4/18/06, 10:11 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(MustangFanatic @ April 18, 2006, 8:31 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
[/b][/quote]
Say it they will build it [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/icon_mrgreen.gif[/img] it will be call the Mach1

we hope [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/04.gif[/img]
Old 4/18/06, 10:24 PM
Cobra Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(V10 @ April 18, 2006, 6:03 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
You gotta love Brad's language filter that removes any word that every 3rd grader in the US uses every day of the week on the school playground.
[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumbsdown.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/banghead.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumbsdown.gif[/img]
OK I hear you.
If I understand you correctly you were merely pointing out that the engine in the PJ is based off the 4.6L - 3V mod motor, NOT any of the old Ford pushrod motors.

I'm on the program with you. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/04.gif[/img]

Now, will you get on the program with me and admit that neither of us know if the bore on the PJ 302 is the same as a 4.6 or is going to be increased? [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/dunno.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/icon_mrgreen.gif[/img]
[/b][/quote]
I will try to remember to contact my rep and get specs...
Old 4/19/06, 06:50 AM
Bullitt Member

That is really clean. Especially like that shot from the rear. A little bit of work and it could be Burningmans centerfire, which I am still waiting for someone to produce.
Old 4/19/06, 11:15 AM
Mach 1 Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(pitpup @ April 18, 2006, 9:10 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Getcha a Grabber Orange GT and make one yourself! Now that I've seen these recent shots, I'm convinced the Grabber Orange on the PJ tribute will be the same color Ford will use on it's cars.
[/b][/quote]

We may have to, since Ford seems to be asleep at the wheel! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/banghead.gif[/img]
Old 4/19/06, 11:30 AM
Team Mustang Source Legacy Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
You know, I hadn't really thought about moving the license plate up between the tail lights, but I kinda like that look on this car. The smooth rear bumper looks good. Wonder if Silverhorse could maodify their blackout panel to mount the plate on, and have the honeycomb look on both sides.
Old 4/19/06, 01:06 PM

I think the front and rear lower valence areas are great, certainly much better than the stock GT or even GT500 IMO. The chrome trim around the grill intake and rear light panel is a bit cheesily done however, and the cross bars directly in front of the headlight bulbs is plain dumb.

At the stern, I always thought putting the license plate in between the tail lights would have been a much cleaner solution than is the gouged out recess in the GT bumper, and would get rid of that ostentatious bling-bling of a fake gas cap / medallion -- the one with the offcenter hole drilled into it, redneck style, for the key slot. Saleens overall design markedly widens and cleans up the Stangs rear end as compared to the fussier, busier look of the production GT.

The hood scoop, basically a reproduction of the '69-'70 piece, ends up looking far more awkwardly anachronistic than retro cool, and is just plain silly on an FI motor from a functionality point of view. They should have done something far more interpretive of the old shaker, one that is clearly modern -- perhaps some nice, Hemi 6.1ish aluminum intake runners poking up through the hood ... something, anything clearly of this century if reflective of the last.

Hood pins, too, look more like some overly forced stylistic anachronism, though the propensity of some early racing S197 to give flight to their hoods at high speed might make these a modern necessity after all.
Old 4/19/06, 05:40 PM
Cobra Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Merlot @ April 19, 2006, 11:18 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
We may have to, since Ford seems to be asleep at the wheel! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/banghead.gif[/img]
[/b][/quote]

Probably so, therefore, I'll take mine in black sans the cheap looking chrome treatment front and rear and the shaker hood....and for alot less $ [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]
Old 4/19/06, 09:11 PM
Team Mustang Source

Link to Press Conference and Interview
Old 4/20/06, 07:45 PM
Legacy Tms Member

Anybody have a contact at Saleen for me? That fuel door close-up tells me it has to go, and I know of one that would fit well on there without any issues...

Heck, I could even modify it for the flush mount screws they have on that one if they want....
Old 4/21/06, 03:59 AM

I hope if Ford builds a Boss they make it with the license plate between the taillights like that. That looks 100x better than having that stupid fake gas cap there.

Quick Reply: 2007 Parnelli Jones Edition Saleen Mustang