Notices
Aftermarket 2005+ Mustangs Discuss the Offerings from Roush, Saleen, Steeda, Shinoda, and Others

2006 BOSS 69 Fastback

Old 1/7/06, 09:24 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by boss69@January 7, 2006, 2:48 PM
[attachmentid=42349]The Boss 69 is real!! The March issue of Mustang Enthusiast has many pictures of this car.The quarter panels are stamped steel and assembly is by Tecstar.Available through select Ford Dealer network. www.boss69mustang.com willhave details starting Jan 10th.
Looks Like a 1971 Mach 1 too me! It would have to grow on me.
Old 1/7/06, 09:33 PM
Cobra Member

I'd have to see one in person before I could render a final opinion but it seems to bulky too me, makes the car seem too ponderous in the rear, just my $.02
Old 1/7/06, 09:55 PM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by AFBLUE@January 7, 2006, 9:54 PM
The quarter windows are fake.
Ooookkaaaaayyyy....:scratch: Why?

Ok, so I'm guessing it's something to do with the B pillar, but why not just leave it all body color. Wouldn't be the first time a two-door coupe with a fastback roof didn't have rear side windows.
Old 1/7/06, 09:55 PM
Bullitt Member

Any prices perhaps? we are thinking of trading in our '05 f-150 for another mustang gt but if the boss isnt to much i would get that instead. a Real Beast!
Old 1/7/06, 11:38 PM
GT Member

daddy likes...
Old 1/7/06, 11:44 PM
Dethroned Nascar Guru

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I'm not fond of the fake quarter window or fake side scoop. I know they are trying to give it a 1969-1970 look, but I say keep it simple (like the photoshop below).

Besides, the 69 Boss 302 didn't have fake side scoops at the hips (only mustang fastback that didn't in 1969)
Old 1/8/06, 12:08 AM
FR500 Member

looks like the bat mobile
Old 1/8/06, 01:08 AM

Me like!
Old 1/8/06, 01:23 AM

anyone got a price on this thing?
Old 1/8/06, 01:42 AM
GT Member

Originally posted by boss69@January 7, 2006, 2:01 PM
The Boss 69 is designed by Nick Gavriles ,email([email protected]).It is being assembled by Tecstar ,website(qtww.com) along with several other limted edition Mustangs.The red Kenny Brown Boss 69 is one of our pre -production cars. We also have a pickup truck Mustang, a T-top kit and a targa roof kit. Nick G.

do you have more pics of the car and also some of the other ones you have(pickup truck Mustang, a T-top kit and a targa roof kit), Nick?

please post if you do.
Old 1/8/06, 05:20 AM

I bet Michael J. Fox already has a flat grey one of these on order just for good ol' memories. DELORIAN!
Old 1/8/06, 07:54 AM
Mach 1 Member

na-na-na-na-na-na-na-na
na-na-na-na-na-na-na-na

Batman! Batman! Batman.......

Interesting version. Little too bulky, blind spots, etc. A fake window is cheesy IMO.

Curious about how much added weight - what type of performance upgrades, etc. And of course - price.

With Steeda Qs, Fooses, Roush etc available around 38k.....not sure I'd go BOSS. At least not this version of BOSS.
Old 1/8/06, 07:52 PM
Cobra Member

Ok so will this be ford produced or no?
Old 1/8/06, 09:26 PM
Bullitt Member

This Boss looks sweet! Good to see some new mustangs coming out to add some special editions to the mustang lineup. Is this a ford special edition or just an aftermarket version like the Eleanor kits??
Old 1/8/06, 10:11 PM
GT Member

Need more pictures and price on this thing
Old 1/9/06, 12:39 AM
Cobra Member

Is the rear window just louvers over the stock glass, or is there a new rear window as well?

I think it is a good idea, but I am not so sure about the execution (especially the fake windows).
Old 1/9/06, 12:48 AM
GT Member

Originally posted by TorchRedV6@January 8, 2006, 8:29 PM
This Boss looks sweet! Good to see some new mustangs coming out to add some special editions to the mustang lineup. Is this a ford special edition or just an aftermarket version like the Eleanor kits??
It's a aftermarket version, boss69 is Nick G, which is the guy who designed that car. They are going to sell their cars trough selected dealers as posted in the first post.
Old 1/10/06, 12:30 AM
MSP
Banned

It really is an outrage that Ford is not even considering this as a factory vehicle... This Mustang design is an absolute part of the Mustang Legend... I cant believe that this vehicle is not even a consideration over at Ford... Its really bothersom that this design is in fact a part of the new mustangs design, and is actually another flavor of the car.. As Mustang owners, we should demand that Ford make this at the factory... I am so disgusted with Ford for many things.. Not making this a true Factory option is more eveidence to me, that whoever is in charge over at Ford in regards to Mustang developement is a trader from within.. Not someone who is looking out for the best interest of the Mustang herritage.... Someone who should be replaced.. Someone worthy of losing their job... It is a travesty that this body style can not be ordered at any dealership in America right now...

Most of you gloss over the fact that this body style is something that belongs to you as Mustang enthusiast, and it has been stolen, or not given to you... Not sure about most of you, but my passion for Mustangs runs real deep.. The body style depicted for the Boss69 conjures up emotions in me which are really uncontrollable.. Would I buy this over the Challenger if Ford offered it to me with a NA 5.4? You darn right I would.. Will I consider a Challenger because Ford does not offer this body style with the 5.4? You darn right I will..

I make a promise today.. If Ford can offer this body style as a Factory option, and atleast give me a NA 5.4L, I will not even consider a new Camaro or Challenger in a few years... But if they fail to bring this product to the factory production lines, then all bets are off...

The most frustrating thing that has ever happen to the Mustang is this situation right here we are all faced with... Ford is failing miserably in my book, because they have only delivered half of what the Mustang truly is.. Most of you seem content with the current Mustangs.. I am as well, but I know that there is alot more left, that we will never see.. We will have to get it by buying aftermarket kits which are extremely over priced to begin with, then we must get raped on installation and paint.. Its outreageous... :notnice:
Old 1/10/06, 07:04 AM
Cobra Member

MSP, I think you're jumping the gun. I'd bet Ford is going to milk the Mustang for all it is worth, so expect the first body changes in a year or two to incorporate other classic cues (some subset of hips, fastback, larger engines, SE's) and more changes a few years after to incorporate more.
They're not failing miserably, not by a long shot.
Old 1/10/06, 08:54 AM
Mach 1 Member

Hasta, well put. I agree. Ford is telling these aftermarket folks, "Sure, you can build a Mach 1." All that does is save Ford costs in concept building and market testing. But in a few years Ford will make their own SE (whatever that may be) and it'll be SO much better than anybody else's. Just have a little patience. Ford is still trying to get all the way back on their feet, and the Mustang is certainly helping.

BTW I like how that Mach 1 looks. Never been a fan of louvers, though. It would have much cleaner lines without them.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2006 BOSS 69 Fastback

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.