Aftermarket 2005+ Mustangs Discuss the Offerings from Roush, Saleen, Steeda, Shinoda, and Others

2005 Boss Shinoda proto

Search this Thread

Old 2/10/05, 07:07 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by Crazyhorse
I'm not racist, I'm particular. Mispelling unimpresses me enough to not buy a car from them. I bet I'm not alone
Then you might want to check the spelling of "Apparantly" in your post up there

Just a friendly reminder to clean your own porch before telling your neighbor to sweep his.
Old 2/10/05, 07:55 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by matic+February 10, 2005, 9:10 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(matic @ February 10, 2005, 9:10 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-Crazyhorse
I'm not racist, I'm particular. Mispelling unimpresses me enough to not buy a car from them. I bet I'm not alone
Then you might want to check the spelling of "Apparantly" in your post up there

Just a friendly reminder to clean your own porch before telling your neighbor to sweep his.
[/b][/quote]
Touche'
Old 2/10/05, 08:07 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally posted by rcinco+February 10, 2005, 9:10 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(rcinco @ February 10, 2005, 9:10 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-crazyhorse@February 10, 2005, 5:34 PM
I think we pushed one of rcinco's buttons.

What makes you think he doesn't speak english?

He just can't spell or punctuate. If he is careless enough to post carelessly, then it is easy to assume the engineering, etc. is careless. Granted, I doubt that it is, but, if you want your company to be represented well, these things are important. Do you think Ford or Coke or General Electric ever mispells or mispunctuates?

I'm not racist, I'm particular. Mispelling unimpresses me enough to not buy a car from them. I bet I'm not alone.
If you or anyone one of us is truly "particular", then we'd all be driving Hondas or Toyotas. The last thing we'd be driving is a Ford. Look at all of the problems that have been cited with the new Mustang. Everything from gas tank issues to hoods threatening to fly-off when we go over 90MPH (after all, who would go over 90 MPH in a Mustang?). Ford (and GM and Chrysler) for that reason are not known for superior quality or ground-breaking engineering (rear-axle, anyone?). Despite that, some of us have put down close to $30,000 to own a Mustang while others are waiting weeks on end to get theirs. As evidenced by this forum, the initial $25k-$30K investment is only the beginning. We didn't do it because we're "particular". We did (and do) it because the Mustang satisfies primal urges in all of us. To claim anything else would be a lame attempt at fooling yourself and others.

Regarding your comments about Ford, Coke, and GE not mispelling or mispunctuating their communications, all I have to say is 1) they've made plenty of mistakes among them that they would all rather forget, and 2) they all benefit from armies of workers and unending resources. Clearly, Team Shinoda does not benefit from this same accessibility to funds or human resources. With that said, I would rather have them concentrate their limited time and money on car development rather than making sure a web site is aesthetically appealing or grammatically correct.
[/b][/quote]
An occasional mistake is acceptable. I noticed you corrected "hear" in your other post. I didn't point it out earlier because I didn't feel like it added anything. I don't knock people for being human. I do, however, expect attention to detail in the things I buy. I don't want to buy a car with a loose lug nut or maladjusted timing or whatever. Like I said in a previous post, the cars are probably fine, but, you don't get that impression when you read the writing. Read his posts, almost all of them contain errors. If he is going to come on here and try to sell us cars, he should be more careful.

Regarding Hondas and Toyotas, they also have problems.

It doesn't take resources to impress us, it just takes attention to detail.
Old 2/10/05, 08:32 PM
GT Member

First of all, Crazy Horse, I wasn't trying to start a battle. I just wanted to point out that there are a lot of people who frequent these boards in search of advice and good, solid car "talk". Unfortunately, as in any public forum, there are elements that need to be filtered out to get to the good stuff. In my own case, I am forced to filter through ignorant, racist babble (i.e. "Are these wheels too rice?").

Of course, I want engineers and designers with an attention to detail to work on anything that I own. Also, in a perfect world, I would want all companies with whom I do business to be as professional as possible (e.g. presentation). However, I think that we, yes - all of us, are too critical when we point out foreigners mistakes when speaking or writing. I took Japanese in college for two years, and I can say for a fact that it was as hard as any biology or physics class that I ever had to endure. So, when I speak to a person (especially someone from Japan or China), I bow down to them when they can say more than "My name is..." or "Where is the library?"

I work for a man, born and raised in the U.S., who graduated from college at 19 and earned his MBA from Harvard at 22. Needless to say, he is brilliant. In addition to that, he is incredibly hard-working. Fifteen hour days for him are the norm. I want to renegotiate my contract to be based on all the spelling, grammar, and punctuation errors that I have to correct before releasing one of his ads or programming a PowerPoint presentation.

So, give Team Shinoda a break. Yes. I think they're web site has significant room for improvement. No. I do not find their stripe designs particularily appealing, but my issues with them are based purely on aesthetics and personal taste, not an assumption based on something as irrelevant as engineering prowess being directly proportionate to writing ability.

BTW - No. I did not proof read this post. So, if there are errors. So be it. I'm living on the edge!
Old 2/10/05, 09:02 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally posted by rcinco@February 10, 2005, 10:35 PM
First of all, Crazy Horse, I wasn't trying to start a battle. I just wanted to point out that there are a lot of people who frequent these boards in search of advice and good, solid car "talk". Unfortunately, as in any public forum, there are elements that need to be filtered out to get to the good stuff. In my own case, I am forced to filter through ignorant, racist babble (i.e. "Are these wheels too rice?").

Of course, I want engineers and designers with an attention to detail to work on anything that I own. Also, in a perfect world, I would want all companies with whom I do business to be as professional as possible (e.g. presentation). However, I think that we, yes - all of us, are too critical when we point out foreigners mistakes when speaking or writing. I took Japanese in college for two years, and I can say for a fact that it was as hard as any biology or physics class that I ever had to endure. So, when I speak to a person (especially someone from Japan or China), I bow down to them when they can say more than "My name is..." or "Where is the library?"

I work for a man, born and raised in the U.S., who graduated from college at 19 and earned his MBA from Harvard at 22. Needless to say, he is brilliant. In addition to that, he is incredibly hard-working. Fifteen hour days for him are the norm. I want to renegotiate my contract to be based on all the spelling, grammar, and punctuation errors that I have to correct before releasing one of his ads or programming a PowerPoint presentation.

So, give Team Shinoda a break. Yes. I think they're web site has significant room for improvement. No. I do not find their stripe designs particularily appealing, but my issues with them are based purely on aesthetics and personal taste, not an assumption based on something as irrelevant as engineering prowess being directly proportionate to writing ability.

BTW - No. I did not proof read this post. So, if there are errors. So be it. I'm living on the edge!
No problem, I'm not battling either. I'm just trying to make my point without looking like a jerk. I thought he was American (still do). It had nothing to do with race or anything like that. My point is a business needs to be careful of its image. I didn't even bring it up. I just chimed in.

I'm in medicine. It doesn't matter how good of a job I do in the patient. If I sew them up crooked when I'm done, they will think I did a terrible job.

Coke, etc. may make mistakes in the products, but, they still sell because the image stays intact through good marketing. We buy the products we buy because they look appealing to us (or because they have 500 or so HP/TQ).

I'll give 'em a break. In fact, the original message to them about it was about a year ago through email. I didn't want to try to make him look bad publicly. The reason I posted today was somebody else pointed it out and I just added to it. I'm going to bed now, but, thanks for the interesting conversation.
Old 2/11/05, 05:01 AM
Mach 1 Member

I can agree w/ crazyhorse in that a lack of punctuation and spelling shows lack of intellegence. I'm not saying that I'm smarter than you and I'm not saying he is either. Personally, I'm not going to take anyone seriously if what someone posted looks like a 5 year-old put it there.
Old 2/11/05, 09:15 AM
GT Member

Originally posted by slavehand@February 11, 2005, 4:04 AM
I can agree w/ crazyhorse in that a lack of punctuation and spelling shows lack of intellegence. I'm not saying that I'm smarter than you and I'm not saying he is either. Personally, I'm not going to take anyone seriously if what someone posted looks like a 5 year-old put it there.
I majored in English in college, so I couldn't agree with you more. However, if correct spelling and proper punctuation are the criteria that you use to determine the validity of a message, then what are you doing reading and contributing to these boards? I've found that 80% of the posts violate both spelling and punctuation guidelines. So, according to your definition of intelligence, are you calling 80% of the members of this board stupid?
Old 2/11/05, 09:42 AM
Bullitt Member

There is a difference between a mistake "here or there" and continuous malformed run-on sentences from someone who is too lazy to type. I think this is what we were trying to say.

My point simply was, the fact that teamshinoda is too LAZY to type a coherent sentence promoting the Shinoda product is also reflected at the LAZY attempt to create a well-formed Web page. As crazyhorse suggested, I wouldn't want someone like that working on my Mustang - period.
Old 2/11/05, 08:46 PM
GTR Member

WTF how about we get
Old 2/12/05, 09:45 AM
Bullitt Member

Nice post, but I was on topic. I was originally saying that I personally wouldn't buy the car and here is why.
Old 2/12/05, 01:36 PM
I'm people, and I like.

Personally, i think its a pretty stupid excuse not to buy a product.
I believe we should be a little more high context when it comes to language... Team Shinoda came on here showing us some of their stuff, giving us sneak peeks, and answering some of our questions. And all you see is the spelling errors?
Old 2/12/05, 01:53 PM
GT Member

Originally posted by thezeppelin8@February 12, 2005, 12:39 PM
I believe we should be a little more high context when it comes to language... Team Shinoda came on here showing us some of their stuff, giving us sneak peeks, and answering some of our questions. And all you see is the spelling errors?
Old 2/12/05, 03:04 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally posted by thezeppelin8@February 12, 2005, 3:39 PM
I don't see spelling errors. I see careless attention to detail.

My point was it unimpressed me. I am looking at the Cobra. If the Cobra is not what I think it will be, I will look to the tuners. I'm going to buy the one that impresses me the most. Several factors will be involved. The car's looks, performance and price. Also will be interested in what kind of company is going to build and support it. To me, carelessness is a negative.
Old 2/12/05, 09:38 PM
GTR Member

Be NICE! they are here at our very own site to show us previews and u are running them out, be nice and dont insult them if you want them to come back!
Old 2/13/05, 09:03 AM
Team Mustang Source

Actually, it isn't that I am not being nice at all. my goal is to help the guy. By leaving a better impression, he will sell more cars.
Old 2/13/05, 12:02 PM
I'm people, and I like.

Originally posted by crazyhorse@February 13, 2005, 8:06 AM
Actually, it isn't that I am not being nice at all. my goal is to help the guy. By leaving a better impression, he will sell more cars.
alright, you leave that between you and him, not with everyone on TMS
Old 2/13/05, 02:00 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally posted by thezeppelin8+February 13, 2005, 2:05 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(thezeppelin8 @ February 13, 2005, 2:05 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-crazyhorse@February 13, 2005, 8:06 AM
alright, you leave that between you and him, not with everyone on TMS
[/b][/quote]
Did you read the early posts? I did that through email, then dropped it. I just casually mentioned the email a few days ago and I got accused of being a racist. Naturally, I had to defend my point of view. I dropped this after that first night, but, people, like yourself, keep bringing it back up. If you would stop pointing fingers at me and telling me how bad of a person I am, I would stop responding and this thread will die. Frankly, I'm surprised it hasn't been closed. I hate it when threads get carried away like this, but, I am not gonna leave it alone until I am left alone. So, quit whining about it and I will quit telling you why I feel that way.
Old 2/14/05, 12:32 AM
Team Mustang Source

I don't care much for the stripes on the car. They just don't seem very fitting.
Old 2/14/05, 12:51 PM
GT Member

Well, I'd better spell all this correctly...!
I think that a black shaker hood would go perfectly along with that spoiler, just like on the old boss mustangs. The lip is a cool little detail that people will notice when they get close to the car. The rear tires could use a bit more rubber? They just look so small for a high performance muscle car.

And although I don't care that much if people misspell, i'm with crazyhorse because it DOES make an impression on people, especially when you are selling a product... and the website is pretty bad too.
Old 2/14/05, 01:59 PM
GTR Member

You wanna Comment? Do it in the pms or emails. Do not be mean to guests. Now, back to the friggin topic! I like the Boss, but i like the older 60s striped better and the wheels dont do it for me, but the chin spoiler rocks

Quick Reply: 2005 Boss Shinoda proto