Aftermarket 2005+ Mustangs Discuss the Offerings from Roush, Saleen, Steeda, Shinoda, and Others

2 Roushes as Ken Grody and Vert as well

Search this Thread

Old 3/15/05, 03:50 PM
TMS West Coast Correspondent

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I went by Ken Grody Ford yesterday to check out the Roushes they have, one in each red, one with black stripes. As soon as I find my cable to upload the pics I will do so. They were both Stage 1s with 20" Black Raceline GT wheels on them, and they were asking 42,000 for them. The vert was black with no options and they were asking 39,000. None of them had IUP. They had a butt load of V6s all around 22,000 and one silver GT that was fully loaded and they wanted a sickening 36,440 for it, I am so glad I already have mine and that it doesnt appear to be losing any value any time soon. They had the option for 20" Fanblades on it and were charging almost 4000 for those with the tires. I wont even begin to get into how ignorant all the sales people were about the cars, the wheels and even the costs and plans, nor the crap they tried to tell me even though they saw me pull up in my GT, I am just sick of these guys not knowing jack about their product and then passing off a bunch of BS lines to everyone.
Old 3/15/05, 04:08 PM
Bullitt Member

I hear ya! I went by there and saw a Roush and was asking about the Saleen. Sales guy said they weren't selling them any more. Sales manager gave him a disgusted look and then told me that they were awaiting their first shipment.

Where's that cable?!? Must...see...pics...
Old 3/15/05, 04:42 PM
TMS West Coast Correspondent

Looking for the cable. I asked about xplan on the Roushes the first guy said to my surprise yes they do them, then he asked another salesman and he said no, that Ford wasnt honoring them on any 2005s, when I told them I bought mine from them on xplan he said that was because I had a V6, then I pointed out the window of the showroom to my GT sitting there and said no mine is that black GT he said there was no way I bought that at xplan, Ford wasnt offering it. I than proceeded to tell him that he is very misinformed because I not only bought it on xplan but I bought it there. He continued to accuse me of lying. Then I asked a third moron about the Raceline GT wheels on the Roushes because the cost wasnt shown on the sticker but was factored into the overall price along with a 2" drop on the rear only (lame) [here they are they are the second picture as you scroll down the ones that come in both painted and polished loks, they had the painted ones http://wayneswheels2002.com/Raceline.html], and he told me that they were a special wheel made by roush only for that car and you could not get them unless you bought the car, so I had to correct him and tell him that first off when roush makes wheels they sell them seperately as an aftermarket add on, secondly the wheels were clearly Raceline GTs and said so on the wheel therfore were not made by Roush and not made specifically for that car and you can buy them sperately as well, and finally that the Roush Stage one comes with the wheels that Ford puts on the car and that when they (the dealership) got the car in they must have added the wheels on and tacked on another absurd sum of money to the price. Oh and he called the wheels tires when he said Roush made them, that they were special tires from Roush and they were 20", the tires by the way were Perrellis. He walked off. I continued to get stupid comments from other salesmen as I took pictures of the cars, which are too many to post and it is making me upset just thinking about how dumb these guys are about a product that they are suppose to be selling in order to make their income.
Old 3/15/05, 05:47 PM
Bullitt Member

I hear you. It's really getting to me how there's a real lack of interest shown (by some people) in their jobs. It's like they're just going through the motions!

How did those Roush's look? Nice?

I thought you were an SD guy? Or is there a Grody there too (I was talking about the one in Buena Park).
Old 3/28/05, 07:13 PM

I was in Las Vegas for vacation last week and had my father in law drive me over to one of the local Ford dealers. The dealership nem is Team Ford. Anyway, they just got done detailing a Roush (he said it was a stage 2) for the showroom and the salesman said he didn't expect it to last the weekend. It was black with silver racing stripes. Very nice looking, except the bolts or whatever used to hold the side louvers in place were not covered and looked ugly. They should have had caps over them or painted black or something. The salesman we were talking to was very nice. He showed us around and looked at the different colors with us, and even offered to let us test drive one of the GT's. That was even after we told him we had no intention of buying one or ordering from him. They had every color represented on the lot except for the windveil blue, so I got to see them and decide which color I liked best. It's funny, in Vegas there are v6's all over the place and hardly no gt's. Ok, sorry to ramble on like that. The Roush was a pretty hot car in person