General Art For your viewing pleasure, Various Art and Photochops Created by our Talented Members.

New camera day

Search this Thread

Old 1/3/15, 10:35 AM
FR500 Member

Received 118 Likes on 101 Posts
New camera day

First, let me explain that I hate technology. I don't embrace it well. On top of that, it's been many years since I dabbled in SLR photography.

So, what do I do? I get a high tech Samsung NX30 mirrorless camera with features I don't even know how to pronounce, let alone operate. It has finnegan pins, triple throwdown whammies, thermo-throckle reverse couplings, and framises of every description. It has Wifi and I don't even have a smart phone. The CD instruction manual is 217 pages. I think it'll even let me hack into banks so I can steal money, but I haven't gotten to that chapter yet. I'm still on page 1.

It's gonna take a while to learn all this new fangled stuff. Not only do I have to start almost from scratch on SLR and photography basics, I have to, gulp, learn electronic camera technology!!!!! I'm afraid. Very afraid.

I plan on taking invidual instruction from the camera shop when I get stuck on the operation of this thing, and am looking into a photography course at a local college. If nothing else, maybe I can meet loose women with low expectations.

Here's my first real practice pic....auto mode, no flash, low light conditions. Nothing serious or artsy fartsy, just a point and shoot photo on very expensive equipment. The pic has not been manipulated in any way other than to compress it to fit here. The resolution is pretty amazing, especially in full size.

I've got a long, long learning curve ahead of me.
Attached Thumbnails New camera day-001-copy.jpg  
Old 1/3/15, 11:29 AM
Super Boss Lawman Member

Received 212 Likes on 145 Posts
haha, with good subject matter and a good eye, you can easily make up for a lack of technology understanding.

Tiki is a prime example She so purty!
Old 1/3/15, 11:42 AM
FR500 Member

Received 118 Likes on 101 Posts
Originally Posted by DarrenGT
haha, with good subject matter and a good eye, you can easily make up for a lack of technology understanding.

Tiki is a prime example She so purty!
Thanks Darren. She has my eyes.