Intermountain Post Club or Event Information and Meet Stangers in Your Area

Colorado Mustang owners....

Search this Thread

Old 6/10/14, 05:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Colorado Mustang owners....

The porsche club is having a drivers education event at high plains raceway on 6/21 6/22. All cars are permitted. I am going to take my mustang and enjoy my first "track day". I think it would be awesome if we could get a bunch of mustangs on that track. If you are interested you can get more info at http://highplainsraceway.com/event-calendar/. The sign up deadline is 6/16, so think about it soon!
Old 6/11/14, 12:40 PM
GT Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by JIMBOBRADY
The porsche club is having a drivers education event at high plains raceway on 6/21 6/22. All cars are permitted. I am going to take my mustang and enjoy my first "track day". I think it would be awesome if we could get a bunch of mustangs on that track. If you are interested you can get more info at http://highplainsraceway.com/event-calendar/. The sign up deadline is 6/16, so think about it soon!
Sadly I'll be out of town.
Be warned. You are 10 days from becoming hopelessly hooked.
If the Club offers instructor coaching / ride along be sure to take advantage.
Have fun!
Old 6/11/14, 08:46 PM

I went to pretech at Prestige Porsche tonight, the mustang has passed inspection and is ready to go. I am already so excited to get out there. I kinda feel like a kid at Christmas time!
Old 6/13/14, 04:37 PM
GT Member

I went to pretech at Prestige Porsche tonight, the mustang has passed inspection and is ready to go. I am already so excited to get out there. I kinda feel like a kid at Christmas time!

I feel your excitement.
I will never forget my first track day which led to 6 trips, 16 days total at Bondurant.
Once you are able to wipe the smile off your face consider a driving school.
Road racing school is the most cost affective modification you will ever make and unlike
bolt-on mods Driver mods will transfer to any vehicle and stay with you forever.

Have Fun!
Old 6/13/14, 10:33 PM

Thanks for the advice. I have thought about doing a driving school many times. Would you recommend any school in particular?
Old 6/14/14, 02:19 PM
GT Member

Thanks for the advice. I have thought about doing a driving school many times. Would you recommend any school in particular?
Yes I can.
If you want to use your own car here in Colorado, FAASST runs a great program.
I have met Judy Faasst, owner and have a friend that did a one day class with her. My friend was fairly quick before the class. His lap times plummeted after the class.

If you would rather take a vacation and willing to spend to use someone else's car, tires, fuel, etc; Bondurant is my choice. I think of Bondurant as a country club experience. Everything is taken care of for you.

FAASST and Boundurant differ slightly in their approach.
Judy Faasst comes from a Spec Miata racing background and stresses lifting sooner and minimizing braking.

Bounurant is more about late braking and in some cases trail braking.

Both are legitimate approaches. Neither are the be-all end-all solution for every corner on every track. A mix of the two based on individual corners is what I strive for.

The first and most important skill any school will teach you is to look ahead. Way ahead. Look through the corners.

You are going to have a blast!
Keep yourself well hydrated and have fun.
Old 6/17/14, 07:03 AM

The run groups came out today. I am the only Mustang in the entire field.

Last edited by JIMBOBRADY; 6/18/14 at 09:59 AM.