Intermountain Post Club or Event Information and Meet Stangers in Your Area

Colorado Folk

Search this Thread

Old 10/8/08, 08:16 PM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Colorado Folk

So uhhh Colorado people don't talk much huh?
Old 10/8/08, 08:42 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 56 Likes on 45 Posts
I DO!!!!
Old 10/9/08, 05:13 PM
V6 Member

Yeah but all you talk about is terlungu or something.

I dont know what that is, other then a town in Texas.
Old 10/9/08, 06:04 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by Suntzu
Yeah but all you talk about is terlungu or something.

I dont know what that is, other then a town in Texas.
I also talk about Mustang diecast cars too. Check for all my posts.
Old 10/9/08, 06:17 PM
V6 Member

so what is Terlingua?
Old 10/9/08, 07:18 PM
Legacy TMS Member

so what is Terlingua?
This is in tribute to the team from the 60's by Shelby. In 2007, Shelby released a Terlingua car that you can buy or have your 2007 + Mustang V6 converted to, but I don't have $15,000 to do it. FACT: Apparently the "Angry Rabbit" Logo was originally made to mock or spoof on Ferrari's Prancing Horse.

The package for the V6 Mustang includes improvements to the braking and suspension systems which were developed with Shelby's partners at Ford Racing. For power an optional supercharger will bump up the horsepower to 375. The coupe sports a deep draw hood, 20” anthracite “Razor” wheels and a host styling changes including the famous Terlingua rabbit. The package will be applied, with a Shelby serial number, by official factory mod shops including the one at Shelby's Las Vegas facility. The retail base package price is estimated at about $7,995

“We wanted to create a V6 Terlingua Racing Team Mustang to offer young people a big bang for their buck,” added Bill Neale. “With its great power-to-weight ratio and superior handling, the car is perfect for drifting, drag racing and lapping the road course. The entry level car will give more people an opportunity to enjoy the thrill of competition.”

For “old school” Terlingua Racing Team fans, Shelby Automobiles and Neale also introduced a 1967 Terlingua continuation model Mustang that was revamped with modern technology. On the exterior, the car looks like the vintage 1967 Trans Am race car driven by Jerry Titus and Ken Miles; under the sheet metal, it is serious new age performance. From the authentic paint scheme to the 525 horsepower 408 c.i.d engine, the car is all business. Only a few of these cars, with a MSRP beginning at approximately $99,500, will be built annually under contract by Keith Craft Motorsports. Each will receive a Shelby serial number that will be registered in an official Shelby Automobiles registry.

“Because every Shelby car and product we build has a bit of Cobra DNA in it, we're working on a Terlingua Racing Team package for 427 and 289 Cobras,” explained Shelby Automobiles President Amy Boylan. “We're developing a special package that will turn up the performance a notch as well. We'll announce the final content and pricing on these models by Carroll's birthday in January 2008.”

The Terlingua Racing Team story is the stuff of legend. Its roots began when Ford Motor Company asked Carroll Shelby to turn its Mustang into a race winner. His team succeeded with a competition version of the Shelby GT350. About that time, Shelby and a few friends were enjoying “the Rat Pack” lifestyle in the Texas ghost town of Terlingua. Their parties and competitive attitude are legendary as they had everyone from Pancho Villa to Steve McQueen to join the group. To symbolize their philosophy, Neale designed “Lucifer”, the black and yellow a logo with a rabbit holding his paw in the air.
MuscularMustangs.com

Gallery Pictures: http://shelbyautos.com/gallery.asp?car=TerTrackShots-

Old 10/9/08, 08:26 PM
V6 Member

Thanks for the education. That is quite the impressive v6 (375 hp WOW). I notice on your avatar it says terlingua replica, have any pictures of that?

Just checkedo out your car domain page. GREAT looking V6. Do you do track days?
Old 10/9/08, 08:47 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Thanks for the education. That is quite the impressive v6 (375 hp WOW). I notice on your avatar it says terlingua replica, have any pictures of that?

Just checkedo out your car domain page. GREAT looking V6. Do you do track days?
Thanks! i have yet to do any track days. I hope to very soon.