V6 Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang V6 Performance and Technical Information

Xcal2 low voltage

Search this Thread

Old 8/13/05, 06:44 PM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just got my xcal 2 in and when I try to flash it says low voltage. I started the car and ran it for a while to make sure the battery was charged and same thing. Anyone have this problem?
Old 8/13/05, 07:31 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I plan to buy a flasher after my car arrives, and I get ready to change my gear ratio. What scares me about this stuff is that I am not sure how much of it is "experimental theater". Has any reputable review been done that compares the various flashers?
As far as your low voltage is concerned, sound like the flasher is "dead on arrival". I am just glad that it didn't pooch your car's computer. Better contact the manufacturer and get them to replace it.
Sorry that you are having trouble. What were you planning upon optimizing with the flasher? Premium fuel? Gear Ratio?
Good luck; Brian.
Old 8/13/05, 07:35 PM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by Gearhead@August 13, 2005, 8:34 PM
I plan to buy a flasher after my car arrives, and I get ready to change my gear ratio. What scares me about this stuff is that I am not sure how much of it is "experimental theater". Has any reputable review been done that compares the various flashers?
As far as your low voltage is concerned, sound like the flasher is "dead on arrival". I am just glad that it didn't pooch your car's computer. Better contact the manufacturer and get them to replace it.
Sorry that you are having trouble. What were you planning upon optimizing with the flasher? Premium fuel? Gear Ratio?
Good luck; Brian.
I believe SCT is the only company that has one for the 05 V6??? Is the Diablo for the V6 out yet? They told me months ago, "Any day now..." LOL!
Old 8/13/05, 10:04 PM

contact doug at bamachips.com he will help you with anything you need. I use his custom tunes and can definately tell a big difference with the tune. In my opinion he is the best with the 4.0L Mustang due to his extensive experience with the 4.0L in the Ranger and Explorer. Ive had no problems with his customer service either.
Old 8/14/05, 12:43 AM
V6 Member

Doug at Bama chips is where I did get it. He is a great guy, and I enjoyed dealing with him now and in the future. Im in Hawaii so the time I got it today it was already late east coast (6 hour difference) So until I reach him tomorrow I was just wondering if anyone had this happen and new a quick fix.
Old 8/14/05, 09:50 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Hey Brian,

When ever you get a chance today call me, I've never seen this problem before on a 05' but I guess there's a first for everything.

What the low voltage at on the X-2 means is just that, it doesn't have a good source voltage coming from the connector below the dash. Maybe one of the wires that goes into the connector has wiggled out or back from the connector on the car a bit? Try pushing the wires into the connector from behind it.

I can't contact SCT today but your problem has been posted in the dealer section of the Forum, sometimes they answer posts on the weekends as well.

Just gimme a call and we'll see if there's anything else we can figure out.

Thanks, Doug.
Old 8/14/05, 11:28 AM
V6 Member

Originally posted by Doug904@August 14, 2005, 5:53 AM
Hey Brian,

When ever you get a chance today call me, I've never seen this problem before on a 05' but I guess there's a first for everything.

What the low voltage at on the X-2 means is just that, it doesn't have a good source voltage coming from the connector below the dash. Maybe one of the wires that goes into the connector has wiggled out or back from the connector on the car a bit? Try pushing the wires into the connector from behind it.

I can't contact SCT today but your problem has been posted in the dealer section of the Forum, sometimes they answer posts on the weekends as well.

Just gimme a call and we'll see if there's anything else we can figure out.

Thanks, Doug.

Hey Doug, Im up already. Give me a ring if you see this at 419-707-0272. Hopefully we can get this going. Im sooooo looking forward to getting this program in. I think its what I need to get into the 15's.