V6 Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang V6 Performance and Technical Information

Who here has a 05 V6.....

Search this Thread

Old 5/12/05, 01:54 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ok, just wanted to see how many people in here actually have a 2005 V6 stang (without going through and reading everyones info).

Plus if you have one, please list what you have and what you plan on doing to it, or if you plan on leaving it stock. And what you would do to it if cost were no issue.... short of a 5.0 Cammer swap.

Also let us know if you wanted a GT but got the 6 instead due to availability or other reasons.

oh yeah, thanks!
Old 5/12/05, 02:52 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I put some 17 inch tires/wheels on it. I'll probably get a cold air intake pretty soon, but that's about it as far as mods go.

I might get a supercharger if cost were no object....

Originally posted by Colvindesign@May 12, 2005, 1:57 PM
ok, just wanted to see how many people in here actually have a 2005 V6 stang (without going through and reading everyones info).

Plus if you have one, please list what you have and what you plan on doing to it, or if you plan on leaving it stock. And what you would do to it if cost were no issue.... short of a 5.0 Cammer swap.

Also let us know if you wanted a GT but got the 6 instead due to availability or other reasons.

oh yeah, thanks!
Old 5/12/05, 03:02 PM
Mach 1 Member

I have one, and voted. The list of stuff I already did is in my signature, except for the stuff I bought last week. Redline Goods 3 piece set, new Billet upper and lower grills, UPR pedals and remote cover. I can't remember everything just now.

As far as future mods, an exhast for sure. Probably Magnaflows dual set up. A GT rear bumper, painted stripes, maybe custom leather seats. Engine mods- we shall see what comes out for our little guys before deciding on that.
Old 5/12/05, 03:14 PM
Queen Of Nascar

I have a V6 automatic. I plan tinted windows, painted stripes, billet pedals and anything else I see I just have to have.
For a list of what I have done so far see the link in my sig.....too much to remember now.
Old 5/12/05, 03:16 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

I love my black V6 that get's funner and smoother each time I take it out.
Old 5/12/05, 03:20 PM

I got my 05 V-6 in late November.
Automatic tranny.
Sonic Blue with White Stripes.
So far I've got the XCalibrator, MMR CAI, JBA 9mm Wires, JBA single axle back exhaust & JBA headers.
Thinking hard about 4.10 gears & T-Lok.
Would consider UD pulleys & any other bolt ons. Don't want to go into the engine.
Would also consider a 50hp shot of Nitrous but not until somebody makes a kit & tests it on a 05 V-6. (I won't go the Nitrous route if it will hurt the motor).

If funds were flowing more freely I'd get a Supercharger, but that's not going to happen.

Got the V-6 because it was cheaper (dealer was marking the GT up by $3000 over MSRP), insurance was much less & my wife was dead set against the GT & to keep the peace I got the V-6. She wanted an Escape, so I figure I came out pretty good by talking her into the Mustang. I think she is hooked on the Stang now & we may be trading for a GT or a Special Edition in 2007.
Old 5/12/05, 03:27 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
I've got a black V6 auto. I ordered some silver Bullit wheels and tires off of Ebay(GT take offs). Getting the windows tinted tomorrow. My plans include:
CAI
Tuner
Single Axle-back(Don't know which one to get)
4.10 gears + T-lok
NOS
Old 5/12/05, 03:34 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

How does it run with all of those mods? Take it to the track yet? Does it feel a whole lot faster than stock now?

Originally posted by SonicBlueV6@May 12, 2005, 5:23 PM
I got my 05 V-6 in late November.
Automatic tranny.
Sonic Blue with White Stripes.
So far I've got the XCalibrator, MMR CAI, JBA 9mm Wires, JBA single axle back exhaust & JBA headers.
Thinking hard about 4.10 gears & T-Lok.
Would consider UD pulleys & any other bolt ons. Don't want to go into the engine.
Would also consider a 50hp shot of Nitrous but not until somebody makes a kit & tests it on a 05 V-6. (I won't go the Nitrous route if it will hurt the motor).

If funds were flowing more freely I'd get a Supercharger, but that's not going to happen.

Got the V-6 because it was cheaper (dealer was marking the GT up by $3000 over MSRP), insurance was much less & my wife was dead set against the GT & to keep the peace I got the V-6. She wanted an Escape, so I figure I came out pretty good by talking her into the Mustang. I think she is hooked on the Stang now & we may be trading for a GT or a Special Edition in 2007.
Old 5/12/05, 03:58 PM
GT Member

Very interesting.

I am getting a V6 manual trans in probably either June or July. I am going to build a TT set up for it. For the exterior, gonna paint the bottom trim black, Put on a (black) chin spoiler, remove the wing, put 19s (not sure which ones yet) on it and lower it. Probably gonna get legend lime if I get a pick, then add white stripes later.

Since I have been into metal fabrication for a while it really won't be a big deal. I can shape and bend metal and tubing and sandcast it, just can't weld too well, so I'll have my buddy do that for me.

If Brad's wife likes my idea for emblems then I'll use those, otherwise I'll have ta make em.
Old 5/12/05, 05:04 PM

Haven't been to a track but I've got some times using my G-Timer.

Stock my best was a 15.2 @90.6, 2.32 60', 6.9 0 to 60

After tuning w/ XCalibrator best was 14.9 @ 91.6, 2.2 60', 6.42 0 to 60

After adding CAI best is 14.78 @ (94 MPH I think), 2.15 60', 6.35 0 to 60

No improvement noticed after adding axle back exhaust (except it sounds better).

The stock 15.2 run was hard to duplicate (had mostly 15.4 & 15.5 runs).
The 14.9 w/XCalibrator was backed up with some 15.0 & 15.05 runs.
The 14.78 is backed up with a lot of 14.8 & 14.85 runs. As long as I don't spin the tires too much I can usually get around a 14.8.

I also spin the tires a lot more easily now & it definitely feels faster & sounds better.

I'll finish installing the headers in the morning & get some new times. I'm putting the headers on myself & I installed the drivers side this morning & removed the stock passenger side exhaust manifold also. All I have to do tomorrow is bolt on the other JBA & test her. So far the install has been fairly easy & I'll make a post about doing it after I'm done.

I think a set of 4.10 gears should get well below 14.5 easy (& about 6 sec. for 0 to 60). (I'm still thinking on that change though).

I know the G-Timer may not be completely accurate but it shows how much the changes have helped my car & I think it's probably pretty close to a real dragstrip number.
Old 5/12/05, 05:36 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Hey thanks a lot for the info! I'm planning on doing all of those mods myself so your post really helped me make up my mind to do them.

Originally posted by SonicBlueV6@May 12, 2005, 7:07 PM
<snip>
So far the install has been fairly easy & I'll make a post about doing it after I'm done.
<snip>
Awesome!
Old 5/12/05, 06:58 PM
Mach 1 Member

Black manual v6 bought back in the first of December with just over 5200 miles.

Done: See Sig.
Planning: T-Lok & 4.10 gears, CAI, Flash-tune, Headers and cat-removal.
Old 5/12/05, 07:35 PM

V6 manual, all stock. I plan on getting a k&n filter, CAI, stripes, a muffler (coffin or the JBA maybe) and wheels this year. Maybe next year when I can afford it I'll get some real exhaust. Eventually (by the time I'm dead) I'll have everything possible done to this car. I didn't get a GT because of availability.
Old 5/12/05, 07:46 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

That's awesome Arthur , I can't wait to tune up my V6. I'm saving, but I will definately spend on performace stuff before the styling comes in.
Holding off on some nice 18X9 torq thrust and rear louvres will be hard, but the driving experience is always on top of my list. I feel like a somewhat capable driver, my next buy will be a timer.
Old 5/12/05, 07:48 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

If you can you should visit a dyno, I'm really curious what you're pulling vs. stock.
Old 5/12/05, 07:51 PM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

My Eleanor is spectacular.......Shes a yellow six auto with shaker 500 and she drives dangerously. I got no IUP, ABS or TC.

I will someday black out her hood and add rear louvers to her.....Otherwise shes just fine and I adore her.

Saw her- wanted her had a fit, got her.......She's no substitute, I actually wanted a six.
Old 5/12/05, 07:54 PM
I'm people, and I like.

I hope to be in everyone's shoes in a couple of years once I get my teaching job and get settled!

I really dont know what color to get. Black sounds awesome, the new Silver looks delicious, the Windveil Blue shows the lines better, the screaming yellow screams, the performance white really goes with blue stripes, i havent seen the new blue yet, torch red has that nice flat color i love, and redfire looks awesome under certain lights.
I would most likely leave my future baby stock all the way. I love the optional wheels with spinners (hopefully they make them an inch bigger soon)
No spoiler, leather, iup, and hopefully a Manual
Old 5/12/05, 08:52 PM
GT Member

hmmm 23 people.... cool
Old 5/12/05, 09:20 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Howdy....................I purchased a V6 cause the dealership did not have a GT yet. I love it!!! More fun everyday!

Mods done:
1. Shorty Antenna (14" black satin)
2. GT shifter (blk/silver w/leather wrap)
3. Billit door lock pins (9mm style)
4. Billit manual pedals (UPR)
5. K&N drop in filter
6. Magnaflow muffler (SS mirror finish)
7. Magnaflow tip (SS)

Future mods:
1. Rear spoiler
2. Window tint (35% silver reflective)
3. Side scoops or louvers (CDC or Street Scene?)
4. Street Scene rear valance for dual mufflers
5. After #5 add drivers side magnaflow w/tip
6. CDC front chin spoiler
7. Hood scoop (not sure which one yet??)
8. X-Pipe
Many more mods after factory warranty is gone

How fun modding your's!
Old 5/12/05, 09:24 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Here is a good photo before mods! I'll post after mods pics soon.