V6 Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang V6 Performance and Technical Information

V6 Grill How to get it out

Search this Thread

Old 7/25/05, 08:50 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
All,

I took the rad. cover off yesterday and was going to take the grill out to see about replacing it.... Anyway, the 9 tabs that hold it into the bumper... Stupid question but how do you get the darn thing out without breaking the tabs on the bumper. I did manage to get the top one loose by bending back the tab with a flathead the pushing the insert from the bumper over to have it slide through but I thought I was going to break it off... I can't imagine how hard it is to get the bottom ones out...

Thanx for the help in advance...
Old 7/26/05, 11:44 AM
Cobra Member

Once you work a couple of them out of the slots, the others are easier. I started at the upper right corner (looking towards front of car) and worked my way down, across the bottom and up the other side. Getting the first tab out was a booger though! I did this to put the stars-and-stripes pony on, will have to do it again when the GT grille arrives.
Old 7/26/05, 08:53 PM
GT Member

Originally posted by Tres Wright@July 26, 2005, 12:47 PM
Once you work a couple of them out of the slots, the others are easier. I started at the upper right corner (looking towards front of car) and worked my way down, across the bottom and up the other side. Getting the first tab out was a booger though! I did this to put the stars-and-stripes pony on, will have to do it again when the GT grille arrives.

Thanx Tres... It's the tabs on the bumper that I was afraid of snapping off. I had to bend it 90 degrees back to get that first one out. I would assume I have to bend them all that far back to get them off. And getting to those bottom ones with a flathead would be a real pain the butt. What did you use to bend back the tabs so you could push the bumper tabs out?
Old 7/27/05, 12:49 AM

I have taken mine in and out 5 plus times now and just do the screwdriver trick! You Will not brake the tabs, they are like supper flexable, I was scared the first time, just go at it as hard as you want to, It will not brake! You putting in a Gt grill?