V6 Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang V6 Performance and Technical Information

V6 FRI Power Upgrade Pack uses Bullitt CAI

Search this Thread

Old 2/19/08, 07:57 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Little Black Pony
That intake looks so frakking cool on a V6!
It sure does!!!!

Just for the appearance it is worth the $225 I spent!

Attachment 39596
Attached Images  
Old 2/19/08, 08:00 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by jdslow300
what kind of horsepower increase is this offering?
I believe that would depend on the tune, and other mods you have on your stang.
Old 2/21/08, 08:15 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
so its the bullit CAI, not the v6 one?
Old 2/22/08, 04:07 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
http://www.fordracingparts.com/parts...KeyField=10026 finally available!! idk where I can purchase it though
Old 3/7/08, 07:41 PM
Legacy TMS Member

I'm still working on mine. The scoop is, the CAI for the Bullitt will need a tune when put on a V6, due to the difference in the MAF's. I was told from Doug from BamaChips that I would need the correct intake hose that would connect to the MAF so that the airflow would be right. What I am doing is taking the original Bullitt intake hose and splicing it with the original V6 hose where it connects to the engine as it is different. I'll keep everyone posted....
Old 3/9/08, 08:50 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Cool V6 85 mm vs Bullitt CAI

Originally Posted by nonstopred
so its the bullit CAI, not the v6 one?
No the Bullitt one is larger than the V6 one. The V6 one is 85 mm where the Bullitt one is larger. I measured it at 106 mm but I believe they go by the diameter of the hose.

I don't know if the 85 mm V6 one is available yet. You will need to contact a Ford Racing dealer to find out. All the dealers near me aren't FRPP dealers, but they did refer me to one that they go to that is. I already had the Bullitt one so I didn't inquire.

If you are interested in the Bullitt one when I'm done I'll give you the info when. This week I am getting the Bullitt hose along with another V6 one (just in case I screw things up).

I'm not buying the tuner from Bamachips until I get the hose finished. I still have a few questions for Doug and I am waiting his answer.

If this works, I would be about the same price as the FRPP cost of the kit. It doesn't look like it would be all that intense of an install so unless you need to have the Bullitt CAI I'd recommend the one from FRPP.

I am the kind of person that likes the challenge and like working on my car so for me this is better than just buying the kit. I like being able to take something that I am being told "it wouldn't work", then make it happen. If they were right and it doesn't work then I can still resell the Airbox and would only be out the money for the two hoses I am buying along with my time fiddling with it.
Attached Thumbnails V6 FRI Power Upgrade Pack uses Bullitt CAI-img_0077_1.jpg   V6 FRI Power Upgrade Pack uses Bullitt CAI-img_0078.jpg  

Last edited by Tungsten Bullitt; 3/17/08 at 08:55 PM. Reason: Added photos
Old 3/17/08, 09:01 PM
Legacy TMS Member

The pictures above show the original V6 hose trimmed so it can be put on the Bullitt air box. I will be getting the Bullitt intake hose this week. Right now I have it attached through the stock V6 intake hose.

OMG there is such an increase in power!!! The check light has come on as to the airflow being greater than the stock tune. I am getting the tuner from Bamachips this week, as I just couldn't wait any longer and just had to install it. There is a little bogging down when I punch it at first. If I don't put the pedal all the way down to punch it there isn't any bogging down just shear power! This has defiantly had increased the joy of driving this!!! I know it will be even better with the tune.... Any further questions PM me.