V6 Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang V6 Performance and Technical Information

Tune: Brenspeed vs Lidio @ Alternative

Search this Thread

Old 1/17/06, 01:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ok...I haven't bought a tuner yet but hopefully soon I will have the $ to spend.

My question here is what tune is better? Is there even a way to compare them?

I'm figuring they are probably the same when it comes down to it.

I do know that Brenspeed will email tunes and Lidio will not.

What do you think?
Old 1/17/06, 02:36 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally posted by chrisc65@January 17, 2006, 4:47 PM
Ok...I haven't bought a tuner yet but hopefully soon I will have the $ to spend.

My question here is what tune is better? Is there even a way to compare them?

I'm figuring they are probably the same when it comes down to it.

I do know that Brenspeed will email tunes and Lidio will not.

What do you think?
I like BamaChips. Doug had me send my tuner back for a software update and he tweaked my tune, all for free. And he has emailed me small changes to my tunes, all for free. I'm sure the other guys are good too but I know for a fact that Doug takes great care of his customers. Oh yeah, one more thing: I ordered my SCT-2 from him way back when they first came out, he sent me back a discount after the fact when he found out I posted here! What a guy! :worship:
Old 1/17/06, 02:47 PM
Team Mustang Source

2nd! Doug @ BamaChips, getting both the Performance and the Torque Tune! Highly Recommend It!
Old 1/17/06, 03:12 PM
GT Member

Doug will treat you right, I'm lucky enough to be able to deal with him directly. He knows his stuff, I wouldn't trust anyone else to tweak on my Stang. Doug is the man, and his tunes are oh so sweet....one more thing, you ARE gauranteed a ticket with his tunes, you just can't help yourself..
Old 1/17/06, 03:14 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally posted by 05V6@January 17, 2006, 6:15 PM
Doug will treat you right, I'm lucky enough to be able to deal with him directly. He knows his stuff, I wouldn't trust anyone else to tweak on my Stang. Doug is the man, and his tunes are oh so sweet....one more thing, you ARE gauranteed a ticket with his tunes, you just can't help yourself..
I've had two warnings so far. I'm thinking the third time will be the charm, so to speak.
Old 1/17/06, 03:19 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 20 Likes on 12 Posts
I have not dealt with Brenspeed or Lidio only with Doug.
I can not speak as to the others but I have heard many good things about each of them.
Doug has taken very good care of me. He has emailed me new tunes when I got my gears and helped me with directions on downloading them into the tuner.
He has always responded helpfully when I needed it.
Old 1/17/06, 03:21 PM
Stubborn Bear
TMS Staff

Received 48 Likes on 39 Posts
Brenspeed and Lidio both have great reputations for their tuning abilities. I believe Lidio is using SCT as well, so if so, its going to be close as far as how the tune comes out. With either choice as well as Doug from Bamachips, you will be happy.

Scott
Old 1/17/06, 06:38 PM
Bullitt Member

Well, I'll speak up from the Lidio camp

The tunes are pretty amazing, and he's very helpful on the phone. I mailed him my Xcal2 for a firmware upgrade and for the new tunes.

I do wish he'd email tunes (should I need one down the road), but so far it hasn't been a problem because the ones he sent the first time work perfectly

As I understand things, with the new SCT file format (.ll3) a shop can make a serial number specific tune! Meaning, a tune can be created for a specific Xcal2 unit---it won't work if the serial number of the unit isn't right!! Maybe with some coaxing, we can get Lidio to email them to us down the road...
Old 1/17/06, 09:26 PM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by Hambone@January 17, 2006, 8:41 PM
Well, I'll speak up from the Lidio camp

The tunes are pretty amazing, and he's very helpful on the phone. I mailed him my Xcal2 for a firmware upgrade and for the new tunes.

I do wish he'd email tunes (should I need one down the road), but so far it hasn't been a problem because the ones he sent the first time work perfectly

As I understand things, with the new SCT file format (.ll3) a shop can make a serial number specific tune! Meaning, a tune can be created for a specific Xcal2 unit---it won't work if the serial number of the unit isn't right!! Maybe with some coaxing, we can get Lidio to email them to us down the road...
I'm guessing everyone here knows whose shop I spend my money in... LOL!

That' interesting about the serial #... I'll have to check with Lidio on that...

Not only do I trust Lidio to tune my car... I trust him to drive my car at the track! LOL!

When push comes to shove... stick with one of the 3 mentioned or even Justin at VMP... chances are you'll be happy...
Old 1/17/06, 10:33 PM
Cobra R Member

Ill chime in for brenspeed, i have their tune and its been incredible. With my 100% stock v6 i ran a 14.91 with just his canned 91 tune.
Old 1/17/06, 10:38 PM
Mach 1 Member

I will 2nd... or fourth... or nineteenth the recommendation for Doug at Bamachips. Great customer service and his tunes are fantastic!
Old 1/18/06, 06:08 AM
Bullitt Member

Lidio gets my vote
Old 1/18/06, 06:29 AM
GT Member

I've only dealt with doug, and I dont' have an X2, just planning the switch. He's been nothing but a nice guy. I have the luxury of a short drive to his office. I can't comment on the tune, but the customer service is second to none so far.
Old 1/18/06, 08:27 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by scrming@January 17, 2006, 11:29 PM
That' interesting about the serial #... I'll have to check with Lidio on that...
Please do so!! This could change his philosophy on mail ordering tunes, especially for previous customers.

The neat part is that xxx.ll3 files also solve the issue of losing "on device" adjustability--they have have both on-device adjustibility AND can be serial number specific!

I picked this info up from reading the SCT forums---this was information shared by Ryan@SCT in a couple posts. It really caught my attention, given Lidio's philosophy.

Really, if a tune can simply be compiled with a specific Xcal2 serial number---that makes it pretty darned difficult to share a tune!!
Let me know what he thinks about this, scrming!
Old 1/18/06, 11:56 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
I've been dealing with Doug getting tunes (and a new CAI) for my car. So far i've nothing but positive stuff to say. A great guy, really goes to the max on customer service.
Old 1/18/06, 06:37 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I think this site provides lots of choices for tuners. I went with Brent at Brenspeed because of his California specific tunes and couldn't be happier. Great customer service and is always happy to answer my questions when I call.
Old 1/18/06, 06:42 PM
GT Member

Chiming in from the Brentspeed Camp here. I could not be more pleased with the service from Brent as well. I had a chance to run all 3 of Brents Tunes in my V6 for the Steeda CAI & Borla Exhaust. The car runs AWSOME and is smoothed out. No 'bucking' which I had driving at low (parking lot type) speeds in 1st gear, and the 1st gear throttle hesitation is GONE. I got an awsome tune with a LOT more seat-in-the-pants horsepower AND the bug-fixes from the factory tune as well. Go with Brent & Get his Steeda CAI tune! Put a Steeda CAI & high flow exhaust (My personal choice is Borla) on your ride and enjoy! Oh yea, my car also gets better gas milage now, too!
Old 1/18/06, 07:06 PM

Well it's nice to hear positive feedback from all sides. I don't think I could go wrong with any vendor.

Thanks again...and again!