V6 Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang V6 Performance and Technical Information

TrueTrac/Girdle/Gears/Tune Revisited...

Search this Thread

Old 11/28/05, 12:00 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Much to my dismay, I had to delay beefing up the rear end and getting a tune as a result of a lack of 06 SCT tunes in this area. The parts have sat in my apartment for weeks now....

However, I convinced Excessive Motorsports to purchase the 06 tunes, and on Friday Dec 9 (have to wait until after my Contracts exam on the 8th), I am getting the following installed:
  • Detroit True Trac
  • 3.73 Ford Racing Gears (Rygen twisted my arm)
  • 7.5" Girdle
  • Panhard Relocation Bracket
  • MMR CAI with Highflow Tube
Man, this is going to be the longest 11 days ever...

I will post the Dyno sheet when I get it, but only if SCRMING, FAZM, MSP, and JIMP promise not to laugh! :worship:

You either Rygen! Or I will tell everyone how that Trans Am smoked you! Oooops....

Oh, and do you guys know that Rygen has got his eye on a SC or TC for his Chrstmas present to himself? Man, no keeping up with that guy! Is it MSP's influence... Or is he looking to have a rematch with the Trans Am.... Hmm..... :scratch:
Old 11/28/05, 12:47 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Just putting my reply here as well:

Awesome dude, what did excessive quote you for the install. You are really going for the big bang. Did you get the panhard relocation bracket; you will need it when you put the girdle on? There is a cost associated with that. What kind of custom tunes did you get with it. I can't wait to see the dyno sheets on your ride!!!! My tune is still the basic performance tune from Diablo, but I have decided to switch to SCT....there are no Diablo shops near us and I need a professional dyno tune done.

As for that Trans-am, I gave him the thumbs up; I knew he would smoke me. As for a TC or SC, they all know, I created a post on it here and the other places I frequent. As for keeping up, it is Jimp and Scrming you have to worry about. Jimps got a remote bottle opener on the way, bottle heater and purge kit. Just look at his signature, it keeps getting longer and longer. Also, Scrming got to ride in Mike’s turbo 11sec V6, and his shirt was probably wet with drool once he got out of it. Others think he will go for that before a SC so he can keep his Zex. There is a bet pool going on informally on the subject if you are interested.

Anyway, I can’t wait to see how your car turns out after this.

PS: I will smoke that friggin Trans-Am when I’m done with my car!
Bullitt Wheels, Dual Magnaflow muffler setup, AFE CAI, Diablosport Predator Performance Tune, Motive 4.10 gears, FR TLOK, GT Front Sway Bar
Old 11/28/05, 01:49 PM
Team Mustang Source

Just curious, is the Girdle and Panhard Relocation Bracket really needed for basic bolt ons such as a CAI and tune? What does it actually do?
Old 11/28/05, 01:53 PM

Originally posted by yur1279@November 28, 2005, 3:52 PM
Just curious, is the Girdle and Panhard Relocation Bracket really needed for basic bolt ons such as a CAI and tune? What does it actually do?
Not for CAI/Tune. It is needed if you get a girdle to strengthen your rear end, because the girdle cant fit with the location of the panhard bar. So this is only if plan on some serious power adders and need to reinforce your 7.5 rear end.
Old 11/28/05, 01:54 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally posted by yur1279@November 28, 2005, 4:52 PM
No. If you plan on running slicks and a major power adder then yes. The girdle helps keep the rearend from coming apart. Don't waste your money unless you plan on getting serious at the track.
Old 11/28/05, 02:01 PM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by Jimp@November 28, 2005, 3:57 PM
No. If you plan on running slicks and a major power adder then yes. The girdle helps keep the rearend from coming apart. Don't waste your money unless you plan on getting serious at the track.
agreed... if you are running just street tires (like me) you should be fine...
Old 11/28/05, 02:04 PM
Mach 1 Member

Yessss... Im still allowed to laugh!
Old 11/28/05, 07:46 PM
MSP
Banned

Originally posted by Jimp@November 28, 2005, 12:57 PM
WOW!!! Thats a darn good answer Jimp!! I'm really impressed!

That is exactly right... What most guys mis-understand is that you can use the 7.5 without a Girdle all day long for dailey use on street tires with 400RWHP.. Its when you go to the track and add DR's to the mix, where things get dicey... Most guys, I would most certainly bet would be perfectly fine with a FRPP T-LOK, with a Power-adder producing 350RWHP... They would never need more..

It is for one type of situation you plan for really.. It is a situation where you find yourself lined up at a Christmas tree with a 2003 Cobra @ Gainsville Race park.. There are 50,000 people in the stands, and 05 V6 has flashed across the huge monitors.. Your name and birthdate is also flashed, along with a picture of your family.. You twisted the screws to 12psi of boost, and are set to launch at 4000RPM.. The drag radials have been heated up, and you have sipped your last shot of Gatorade in the scorching heat... The track temp is perfect, for absolutley no slippage from any tire's, especially drag radials... Your tune is primed with a -4 retard, and you torqued the head bolts 5lbs over spec just in case... You can see the new gaskets fighting to get out from under the heads.... The Long tube headers were hand wrapped by grandma, and grandpa added a shot of tequilla to your intercooler, saying it will cool down the Supercharger after you past the 1st 8th marker...

The 2003 Cobra is putting all of about 600RWHP... You really dont have a chance in heck to beat him, but you refuse to go down without a fight..

As you creep back up to the line, your eye is on your boost gauge, which you hope everything will hold up all the way to 12psi!!

The 1st yellow light flashes, you stick the RPM's to 4000RPM, the 2003 Cobra's blower is whistling in your ear, its saying "loser".... As he creeps up to the line, the 2nd yellow light flashes and you dump the clutch, the car twist and the front lifts up! Your slammed back into your seat, and out of the corner of your eye, you see the 2003 Cobra's hood just flew off.. He's done, and its a free run for you.. You tac 3rd gear at the 8th mile marker @ 95mph and drop it into 4th.. The boost gauge needle shoots to 12.5psi, that shot of whisky grandpa added works, and you float through the traps at 118MPH 11.566 ET...............................

For this situation, people are buying Detroit True-Tracs... If you think you will ever be in this situation, then by all means set it up properly!
Old 11/28/05, 07:50 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally posted by MSP@November 28, 2005, 10:49 PM
WOW!!! Thats a darn good answer Jimp!! I'm really impressed!

That is exactly right... What most guys mis-understand is that you can use the 7.5 without a Girdle all day long for dailey use on street tires with 400RWHP.. Its when you go to the track and add DR's to the mix, where things get dicey... Most guys, I would most certainly bet would be perfectly fine with a FRPP T-LOK, with a Power-adder producing 350RWHP... They would never need more..

It is for one type of situation you plan for really.. It is a situation where you find yourself lined up at a Christmas tree with a 2003 Cobra @ Gainsville Race park.. There are 50,000 people in the stands, and 05 V6 has flashed across the huge monitors.. Your name and birthdate is also flashed, along with a picture of your family.. You twisted the screws to 12psi of boost, and are set to launch at 4000RPM.. The drag radials have been heated up, and you have sipped your last shot of Gatorade in the scorching heat... The track temp is perfect, for absolutley no slippage from any tire's, especially drag radials... Your tune is primed with a -4 retard, and you torqued the head bolts 5lbs over spec just in case... You can see the new gaskets fighting to get out from under the heads.... The Long tube headers were hand wrapped by grandma, and grandpa added a shot of tequilla to your intercooler, saying it will cool down the Supercharger after you past the 1st 8th marker...

The 2003 Cobra is putting all of about 600RWHP... You really dont have a chance in heck to beat him, but you refuse to go down without a fight..

As you creep back up to the line, your eye is on your boost gauge, which you hope everything will hold up all the way to 12psi!!

The 1st yellow light flashes, you stick the RPM's to 4000RPM, the 2003 Cobra's blower is whistling in your ear, its saying "loser".... As he creeps up to the line, the 2nd yellow light flashes and you dump the clutch, the car twist and the front lifts up! Your slammed back into your seat, and out of the corner of your eye, you see the 2003 Cobra's hood just flew off.. He's done, and its a free run for you.. You tac 3rd gear at the 8th mile marker @ 95mph and drop it into 4th.. The boost gauge needle shoots to 12.5psi, that shot of whisky grandpa added works, and you float through the traps at 118MPH 11.566 ET...............................
For this situation, people are buying Detroit True-Tracs... If you think you will ever be in this situation, then by all means set it up properly!
LOL! Excellent! One day MSP, one day we'll be there!
Old 11/28/05, 08:00 PM

Very well done MSP, quite inspiring indeed.
Old 11/29/05, 09:04 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by yur1279@November 28, 2005, 4:52 PM
I get carried away and buy everything at once! I just get so excited about this stuff!!!! I know that I WILL need the girdle eventually (at 36,000.1 miles) but I might hold off on it for a while. That way the car can look stock when I take it in for work. If it looks stock they might not go poking their snouts in too deeply when they hook up diagnostics to the computer.... Of course, when I put in the headers and duals, the deception is over!!!

I will have to ponder that... Wait another 6 months or do it now? :scratch:
Old 11/29/05, 09:06 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by Zodiac@November 28, 2005, 5:07 PM
Yessss... Im still allowed to laugh!
How did I miss you?
Old 11/29/05, 09:27 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by Excepcion13@November 29, 2005, 11:09 AM
How did I miss you?

Im the always one everyone forgets about =P
Old 11/29/05, 09:41 AM
MSP
Banned

Originally posted by Zodiac@November 29, 2005, 8:30 AM
Im the always one everyone forgets about =P
Trust me, noone will ever forget about a Mustang with 208RWHP and 241RWTQ with a dual exhaust and a tune!! We try and refer evryone your way! LOL!!

In regards to those heads Zodiac, I think they will add alot more than 30HP.. Remember the intake and exhaust ports are bigger than the stock heads.. Like in your case, I think they would get you to 250-260rwhp with your tune, or more..Thats N/A!! I wouldnt be surprised if Doug904 could get you to 280rwhp with the Supersix heads!
Old 11/29/05, 10:34 AM
Mach 1 Member

I love your optimism MSP, but I always tend to be more conservative so I dont disappoint myself. I think Ill end up chaning the cams/heads at the same time to save myself some work in the long run if I can. Plus I think you wont see some really good gains till then anyway. I really dont wanna be the test mule for a set of heads, but oooooh its so hard not to.
Old 11/30/05, 07:23 AM
Bullitt Member

I also decied on the TT and girdle from reading PWRHWS's posts and what happened to his TLOK. Of course, he is pushing the absolute limits with his car, but I atill thought it a good idea to beef it up a little. I e-mailed him first and he thought that the proposed set-up would withstand quite a bit of punishment and should not necessitate a switch to an 8.8". Probably hold off on the girdle until duals and headers go on. Too late to turn back at that point.... TT and gears go on in 9 days, though. Question: With the addition of the gears, I will not be able to "reflash" back to stock, will I, considering that the the gears have to be programmed into the computer? So when they run diagnostics, will that be something that jumps out at them?
Old 11/30/05, 08:20 AM
Mach 1 Member

If you flash it back to stock with the gears you're going to have a little hard time driving on it, but thats all. Im sure itll be throwing some kind of torque management code at them but I doubt its going to set off a CEL or wrench. Just reflash in the parking lot when you get there and you wont have any driving problems.
Old 12/2/05, 10:57 AM
GT Member

sooo.... when you change gears...there won't be a check engine light when u reflash back to stock???

when i get my smog check over the years...and i flash back to stock, i dont want my CEL to appear..
Old 12/2/05, 12:11 PM
Mach 1 Member

Nah gears arent gonna mess up going back to stock or anything like that.