V6 Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang V6 Performance and Technical Information

Tire help... quick!

Search this Thread

Old 6/16/06, 11:30 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tire help... quick!

Ok guys, I need your help. I can tear down an engine, but I've all but ignored tires and such.

I got a screw in the rear passenger tire a week ago, and the car sat on the rim all night until the next morning when I noticed it. I pumped the tire up (it was a slow leak) and drove it into the garage. I jacked it up so it wouldn't be sitting on the rim, but then I had to go TDY to San Antonio for a week.

I came back last night. Today, I got one of those little tire repair kits, since it was only a **** screwhole. Well, I plugged it, but I could still hear a leak. Low and behold, it sounded like it was leaking from the bead. I looked closer, and there was a hairline crack coming up from the rim. I'm not sure what happened, but the tire is not repairable.

Should I just buy another stock tire, knowing the BFGs suck? ...or should I replace the entire set? Can I just do the back tires?

As anyone can see from my drag strip video, the ProCharger makes for a pretty severe traction problem. I'm really not into fancy rims or low-profile tires. What can I get that isn't too expensive, but is sticker than stock? Also keep in mind, I live in Colorado Springs, so I'll need tires that can get me around in the snow without slamming into curbs every 10 seconds.

I'm open for ANY ideas.
Old 6/18/06, 12:40 PM
GT Member

That's exactly what I want to know cause Im not in to rims that much eather. I just want something will stick significantly better all round than my stock tires. Is it hard to hook up with the procharger on the stock BFG's?
Old 6/18/06, 09:50 PM
Bullitt Member

It is **** near impossible to hook up at the track with the ProCharger and the stock BFGs.

I ended up getting a set of upgraded 2005 GT wheels and tires with 1200 miles on them for $400 from a guy up in Denver! I'm glad I didn't have to pay shipping. These are definitely heavier than my old ones!

http://cabuzzi.org/website/images/ca...s/100_1170.JPG