V6 Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang V6 Performance and Technical Information

Suggestion for members & TMS

Search this Thread

Old 3/1/06 | 09:16 AM
Bullitt Member

Hey you know what I think would be nice and if we made it a sticky? I think it would be cool if we had best ET ranking example below.

Best ET N.A---------------Best ET Nitrous-------------------------BestET Supercharged
1. PR 4.6---14.70--------1.Scrming---13.41---------------------1.
2. Fazm----14.73---------2. Jimp------14.20---------------------2.
3.---------------------------3.-----------------------------------------3.

Best ET Turbo--------------Best ET 2 Stage Turbo/Nitrous-------Best ET 2 Stage S/C/Nitrous
1.----------------------------1.---------------------------------------1.
2.----------------------------2.---------------------------------------2.
3.----------------------------3.---------------------------------------3.

HP KING----------------------Torque King

Ok we would set strict guidelines for proof and I have a few ideals for that we could also discuss hook up tips for the above ET from members in this thread.

I’d be willing to do it but I would really prefer someone else if you want to step forward, hey Jimp! Comes to mind.
Old 3/1/06 | 09:20 AM
I Have Admin Envy

I've been thinking about something along the same lines... maybe we can get some ideas down on how to do something like this.

I'd perfer to make it an all-encompassing sticky in the Drag Racing forum. We'll see what the admin thinks about it.
Old 3/1/06 | 09:55 AM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Galaxie @ March 1, 2006, 11:23 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
I've been thinking about something along the same lines... maybe we can get some ideas down on how to do something like this.

I'd perfer to make it an all-encompassing sticky in the Drag Racing forum. We'll see what the admin thinks about it.
[/b][/quote]

Cool, when we put it over there, can we create sub-sections for car class based on the base engine. Or should it be one master list. Either way is cool by me.
Old 3/1/06 | 09:59 AM
Bullitt Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Galaxie @ March 1, 2006, 10:23 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>

[/b][/quote]

Galaxie it would really be nice if we could have this in our forum for our 4.0's and I think members would really like it that way, no wars from poss. some of the GT's or V8 guys, locked threads, heated arguments well you get the ideal. We can compete among ourselves for 4.0 bragging rights with no outside interference.

It would be so cool to have it in our 4.0 forum.

I hope if the members like it that TMS will do it this way.
Old 3/1/06 | 11:17 AM
MSP
Banned

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(TJ06 @ March 1, 2006, 9:02 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Galaxie it would really be nice if we could have this in our forum for our 4.0's and I think members would really like it that way, no wars from poss. some of the GT's or V8 guys, locked threads, heated arguments well you get the ideal. We can compete among ourselves for 4.0 bragging rights with no outside interference.

It would be so cool to have it in our 4.0 forum.

I hope if the members like it that TMS will do it this way.
[/b][/quote]

I think its unfair not to include the GT's! I want the GT's included in this.. An ET does not care about the size of the engine.. As far as an ET is concerned, either you have it or you dont.. To run a 13.5ET and lower, is a signal for two things when looking at the engine.. One is, if your a 4.0 and can run this your highly modified.. If your 4.6, you mostly stock.. Now there will be people with 4.0's making 12.XX passes.. There will also be 4.6's running 12.XX passes.. By grouping us all together, its easier for someone on the outside to understand how beefed up each car is if they are close in times in regards to ET..

I dont think the dragstrip demands that we be seperated.. But rather joined.. Remember TJ06, our ultimate goal is to blurr the lines between 4.0 and 4.6.. Our goal is to bring utter confusion unto the Mustang community.. I say we allow ourself the challenge of competing against GT's, Cobra's, and even the newer SE' 5.4 Mustangs..

Look at it like this.. Lets say a new 5.4L SE Mustang can run a 12.9 Stock! Jimps 4.0 with a 150SHot of nitrous can run'em down!

Now, what will a new 4.0 owner or potential 5.4L owner take from this? For the 4.0 owner, he will know it will take atleast a 150Shot to get this done.. For the 5.4L owner, he will know he needs mods! LOL! Better get a gang of them too, because you wont catch me driving a 5.4L Stang getting took to the cleaners by a 4.0!

Its all in fun.. I say Galaxie's task is to unite the community! Bring us together and make it about ET and not the size of the engine.. Pretty soon Galaxie, your moderation skills will be to seperate individuals who own 4.6's and 5.4's! Perhaps maybe even 3.5L V6's! If you can establish early on that its not about the engine size, but about ET, you can solve alot of problems easily... [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]
Old 3/1/06 | 11:43 AM
Cobra R Member

I like the idea, one master list, and then being able to seperate them into class
Old 3/1/06 | 11:43 AM
Bullitt Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'>MSP
I think its unfair not to include the GT's![/b][/quote]

I am not saying to exclude GT's they could have one in thier forum also, I think it would be nice if each forum had thier own and all you have to do is visit thier forum.
Another option is each forum to have thier own ET ranking and also have a combined one in the drag racing forum.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'>An ET does not care about the size of the engine[/b][/quote] No kidding [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif[/img]
I still like the ideal of our own 4.0 ranking it would just be plain more fun and again what does it take to look in the GT forum to compare. I really just care about us in the 4.0 and have some fun among ourselves if I want to compare I just click over to the GT forum to look at thiers or the combined dragrace forum but this is just IMO what ever the members want to do here is fine and I hope they voice thier opinion either way!

The one problem is proof!!! anyone can PhotoShop a timeslip or edit a video but I have some ideals how how to limit that and watch out for that along with some other ideals.
Old 3/1/06 | 11:48 AM
I Have Admin Envy

One idea I have, is to have an overall top-10 list, and then break things down by class as was suggested earlier. I again think it would be best to be centrally located in the drag racing forum. This way there could be a much more streamlined exchange of ideas.

I think the honor system would work well enough with the group of guys on this forum.
Old 3/1/06 | 11:51 AM
Bullitt Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Galaxie @ March 1, 2006, 12:51 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
One idea I have, is to have an overall top-10 list, and then break things down by class as was suggested earlier. I again think it would be best to be centrally located in the drag racing forum. This way there could be a much more streamlined exchange of ideas.

I think the honor system would work well enough with the group of guys on this forum.
[/b][/quote]

I am also thinking of new members who might just join and give bogus ET's we need some kind of check in place to keep it some what legit. There are guys like Scrming, Rygn, Jimp etc no problem on the honor system IMO but if you don't have any type of check in place per questionable times I couldn't and wouldn't take the rankings serious.
Old 3/1/06 | 12:31 PM
Cobra R Member

scanned timeslip or video should be required. Dont need anyone coming in sayin they ran a 14.8 in their stock v6 auto ya know?
Old 3/1/06 | 12:46 PM
Bullitt Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Fazm @ March 1, 2006, 1:34 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
scanned timeslip or video should be required. Dont need anyone coming in sayin they ran a 14.8 in their stock v6 auto ya know?
[/b][/quote]

Fazm just about anyone can PhotoShop a timeslip (change the ET time & scan it) or edit a video with someelse time and it will look like thier video and ET but someone with some experience in Photoshop can guard against the timeslip and the video I have a way to help with that.
Old 3/1/06 | 12:49 PM
Cobra R Member

Ya, if they want to go through that much work to make a top10 list on a mustang forum, they need it more than we do lol
Old 3/1/06 | 01:56 PM
MSP
Banned

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(TJ06 @ March 1, 2006, 10:46 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
I am not saying to exclude GT's they could have one in thier forum also, I think it would be nice if each forum had thier own and all you have to do is visit thier forum.
Another option is each forum to have thier own ET ranking and also have a combined one in the drag racing forum.
No kidding [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif[/img]
I still like the ideal of our own 4.0 ranking it would just be plain more fun and again what does it take to look in the GT forum to compare. I really just care about us in the 4.0 and have some fun among ourselves if I want to compare I just click over to the GT forum to look at thiers or the combined dragrace forum but this is just IMO what ever the members want to do here is fine and I hope they voice thier opinion either way!
The one problem is proof!!! anyone can PhotoShop a timeslip or edit a video but I have some ideals how how to limit that and watch out for that along with some other ideals.
[/b][/quote]

LOL!! Oh I see where this is going already! So when I finally do submit a 12.5ET, I will then be accused of using Photoshop! LOL! I knew it! For the record, I dont know how to properly use photoshop..

But Galaxie is right... All you need to submit is a reciept.. Once a time is submitted, you shouldnt have to prove or provide anything besides a reciept..

I just know my times are gonna be held to skeptisizm.. I know it.. This is why I myself will provide videos, from car launch to trap..

WOW TJ06! I am glad you pointed this out.. You have enabled me to glimpse into the future, of raging battles when i am defending an honest 11.99ET! LOL! I knew it.. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/icon_mrgreen.gif[/img]

But I got your point now...

Well, maybe Galaxie can make a setup for the GT side.. Also a setup for the V6 side.. Then the main one would tie into the Drag racing forum.. In the Drag racing forum his top 10 list will be kept there.. In each of the GT and V6 forums, another top 10 list will be held for each group.. That would be kool..

This way, lets say you are a GT owner, and submit a time in the GT section.. If that time happens to get you onto the global top 10 list, it would automatically be submitted once approved by the mods to the main Drag racing top ten list.. I think maybe the list in each Forum should be a top 15 or 20 list... The Drag racing forum will just be top 10.. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]
Old 3/1/06 | 03:07 PM
Bullitt Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'> name='MSP' date='March 1, 2006, 2:59 PM' post='654347']
LOL!! Oh I see where this is going already! So when I finally do submit a 12.5ET, I will then be accused of using Photoshop! LOL! I knew it! For the record, I dont know how to properly use photoshop..

But Galaxie is right... All you need to submit is a reciept.. Once a time is submitted, you shouldnt have to prove or provide anything besides a reciept..

I just know my times are gonna be held to skeptisizm.. I know it.. This is why I myself will provide videos, from car launch to trap..

WOW TJ06! I am glad you pointed this out.. You have enabled me to glimpse into the future, of raging battles when i am defending an honest 11.99ET! LOL! I knew it.. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/icon_mrgreen.gif[/img]

But I got your point now...[/b][/quote]

WOW!!!!! does that mind of yours wonder at times you amaze me a little paranoid holy cow!!! No offense [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif[/img] See how you try to start an argument WOW! For you info I sent Galaxiea PM before you posted this per your time stamp it includes check's also in the other forums for legit. You need help [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif[/img]

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'>Well, maybe Galaxie can make a setup for the GT side.. Also a setup for the V6 side.. Then the main one would tie into the Drag racing forum.. In the Drag racing forum his top 10 list will be kept there.. In each of the GT and V6 forums, another top 10 list will be held for each group.. That would be kool..

This way, lets say you are a GT owner, and submit a time in the GT section.. If that time happens to get you onto the global top 10 list, it would automatically be submitted once approved by the mods to the main Drag racing top ten list.. I think maybe the list in each Forum should be a top 15 or 20 list... The Drag racing forum will just be top 10.. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]
[/b][/quote]

Now that you have come back down to earth temporarily thats kinda what I am trying to say, see below my PM to Galaxie

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'>Hi Galaxie

TJ here I didn't know you guys were thinking about something like this but on a larger scale what ever way you guys decide.

One suggestion and I am not trying to tell you to do it this way but its just a suggestion, but if each forum did have thier own ET ranking might be good for the reason/ example below.

If each forum had a ET ranking sticky with a respected member in charge along with the memebers watching they could sort though the ET's submitted with check's in place to make sure they are legit. Then they would post them in the sticky in their forum. Then you guys the mods could go around and collect them, cut and paste and put them in your dragracing forum format and all the self regulate and work would be done for you already and they be more legit by each forum.

Just a ideal

TJ [/b][/quote]
Old 3/1/06 | 03:27 PM

Depending on the level of effort by the MODS and/or a applicaiton developer, this could be done. Where a drop down box would deisgnate engine size so in the track thread, you can view a consolidated list, but using the engine size tag, distribute the list based on engine size to the respecitve forums. Technically it can be done, but is up to TMS.

Personally I am happy either way it's implemented, as it is a huge value to all of us.
Old 3/1/06 | 03:46 PM
GT Member

I sure do like that NA list....jeje. Over on our site in Puerto Rico we just do a Top 20 and list the car and main mods on the side. No matter how its done, its a great idea.
Old 3/1/06 | 04:40 PM
MSP
Banned

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(TJ06 @ March 1, 2006, 2:10 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
WOW!!!!! does that mind of yours wonder at times you amaze me a little paranoid holy cow!!! No offense [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif[/img] See how you try to start an argument WOW! For you info I sent Galaxiea PM before you posted this per your time stamp it includes check's also in the other forums for legit. You need help [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif[/img]
Now that you have come back down to earth temporarily thats kinda what I am trying to say, see below my PM to Galaxie
[/b][/quote]

You see guys! This is the kind of post which creates arguments.. It tries to imply I am paranoid.. Why should I be paranoid, when I currently have the fastest car here pound for pound.. I am interested in racing GT and Cobra's while TJ is ok with seperating the field and only racing againt other 6's.. Whats the matter TJ? Cant take the pressure?

I'm not paranoid, I want a challenge.. You will never present me with a challenge sufficient enough to induce paranoia!

Anyways, Sorry for this guys.. But these types of post are how it all starts! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumbsdown.gif[/img]
Old 3/1/06 | 04:59 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(MSP @ March 1, 2006, 6:43 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
You see guys! This is the kind of post which creates arguments.. It tries to imply I am paranoid.. Why should I be paranoid, when I currently have the fastest car here pound for pound.. I am interested in racing GT and Cobra's while TJ is ok with seperating the field and only racing againt other 6's.. Whats the matter TJ? Cant take the pressure?

I'm not paranoid, I want a challenge.. You will never present me with a challenge sufficient enough to induce paranoia!

Anyways, Sorry for this guys.. But these types of post are how it all starts! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumbsdown.gif[/img]
[/b][/quote]

No offense man, but fastest car???!?!? Not without a TLOK and some time slips. Here street kills don't count. Granted you have one sweet setup, and your numbers are extreemly impressive, but when it comes down to who has the fastest car, its about those who put up time slips. I'll be happy if I can just post a 13.5ish time slip this season, if not I will keep at it and every visit to the track, try my best to lower my time.
Old 3/1/06 | 05:14 PM
Bullitt Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'>MSP
I currently have the fastest car here pound for pound.. [/b][/quote]

@MSP

I must of missed your post and time slip that is faster than scrming 13.40 I'll will have use the search button to find it. Wow that was pretty good with an open rear end 3.31 I am impressed.

LMAO you crack me up MSP

LOL didn't you see the smily faces I am having a little fun ya relax. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink.gif[/img]

@Rygn

LOL I didn't see your post before I posted was in the middle someone called then I finished and hit the add reply and then saw yours almost the same reply [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif[/img]
Old 3/1/06 | 05:15 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

I'd like to see a drag racing sub-forum of V6 Performance.

Quick Reply: Suggestion for members & TMS