V6 Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang V6 Performance and Technical Information

Stainless Works Headers

Search this Thread

Old 1/5/07, 03:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Stainless Works Headers

I dropped my wifes 06 mustang off at Stainless Works:
http://www.stainlessworks.net/cart/index.php

today for them to use for their prototype. We had been in discussion for a few months about using them car so they could come out with an exhaust line for the 4.0 cars. Got a chance to talk to them today when I dropped of the car to decide exactly what we wanted to do. The gentleman that runs that I talked to is Al. He said they really didn't see any purpose is building shorttubes due to the lack of any real gain. What we decided upon is going with a longtube setup. They are going to use the car to get everything set up and then market these. At this point what it will be is a set of longtube stainless headers and a matching midpipe with hi flow cats to match up with whatever type of exhaust you are running. My car has a gt take off dual exhaust so they are going to build a mid pipe with an H to mate up to it. I also sent my old single exhaust so they are also going to use it to make a midpipe to mate the lontube up to the single exhaust with a y. I have been waiting to see an exhaust manufacturer actually build a mid pipe for these cars. I had been originally figuring on shorties and wanting to see a midpipe to match up to them or stock manifolds. After talking he said he really didn't want to go the shorty route due to lack of gains. It sounds like they are going to market it as a combo but will know more when they are done. Probably be about a month. They are taking the car as it sits to baseline dyno it and then take it back when they are done. I had already had a baseline dyno but he wanted to be able to do it closer together to get more of an accurate figure. As I find out more I will let everyone know.

Also as we were talking we briefly touched on doing a off road h with no cats. I definately wanted cats in my pipe since i've heard they sound pretty bad without them on the 6's plus it is my wifes car. Just want to put a feeler out there to see how many folks would be interested in them building a midpipe with out cats. Let me know so i can feed them more info.

Kerry
Old 1/6/07, 09:30 PM
Bullitt Member

That sound awesome! You are lucky.
Old 2/3/07, 05:56 AM

Talk to them today. Things are coming along well with them. Since the weather here in ohio is rather crappy i'm in no hurry for the car back so we really haven't been pushing this along all that quickly. I ended up adding some stuff like having them ceramic coat the headers and add a bung to the h pipe for when I decide to add an a/f gauge. Figure that way it is there and ready. Until then we can just plug it off.
Old 2/3/07, 10:57 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
****, thats sweet Kerry. Can't wait till you get her back and we here some clips.
Old 2/7/07, 09:16 AM

Got an email from Stainless Works yesterday. They got the mock up done on the headers and are in the process of setting up the jig. From what Al said they should have that done and the headers made by the end of this week. Next week they will work on the h and y pipe. It's taking a little longer than originally planned but I really don't care considering the weather we have here in ohio. I don't want to drive the car home in this crap anyway.
Old 2/7/07, 09:18 AM

Originally Posted by rygenstormlocke
****, thats sweet Kerry. Can't wait till you get her back and we here some clips.
i'll have to figure out how to do that. I've got a dvd cam to record it, just never downloaded a vid to the internet before. computers and electronics just aren't my thing.