V6 Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang V6 Performance and Technical Information

Shelby Strut Tower Brace

Search this Thread

Old 4/17/06, 09:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Has anyone purchased the strut tower brace that is used on the CS6? Anyone know if it fits better than the Steeda one that apparently put pressure on the hood?
Old 4/18/06, 12:02 AM
GT Member

I'd like to know if the strut tower brace issue was ever solved also. Last I read there were fitment problems. Shelby must think they're beneficial if he put one on both his models.
Old 4/18/06, 03:39 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'd buy one and try it out- but I did that with Steeda's and I'm not going through that again
Old 4/18/06, 03:43 PM
Cobra R Member

The ford racing brace also put pressure into the hood blanket. Not enough to bend it. But it was tight enough to leave impression marks in the blanket. I have a feeling with the stock hood, most of the good braces are going to be real close if not touching. Doesnt seem like a whole lot of area to go up.

P.S. Is the CS6 brace available, and where is it pictured etc. Thanks
Old 4/19/06, 01:41 PM
Team Mustang Source

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(sodaman @ April 18, 2006, 5:46 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
The ford racing brace also put pressure into the hood blanket. Not enough to bend it. But it was tight enough to leave impression marks in the blanket. I have a feeling with the stock hood, most of the good braces are going to be real close if not touching. Doesnt seem like a whole lot of area to go up.

P.S. Is the CS6 brace available, and where is it pictured etc. Thanks
[/b][/quote]

Its listed on Shelby's site but there is no picutre

http://www.shelbyautos.com/
Old 4/27/06, 04:06 PM
GT Member

[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/04.gif[/img] I ordered the Steeda 'economy' strut tower brace two weeks ago. It bolted on w/ no headaches at all. Lots of clearance in between the bottom of the hood and the top of the intake manifold. I ordered it being well aware of the headaches some folks had w/ these several months ago. The current production Steeda strut tower braces for the V6 are bolt on w/ no problems. I also asked Steeda about difficulties with this part specifically because of the headaches that folks have posted in these forums. I was assured this was a bolt on part & I was advised that many folks have gone to Steeda in Pompano Beach, FL and literally installed them right in the Steeda parking lot before driving off. My experience proves this out. No headaches at all with mine.

Eric.
Old 5/19/06, 07:53 PM
Mach 1 Member

What's the part number of this one?

I'm still looking for a nice fit for my V6...
Old 5/27/06, 01:30 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by esorense
[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/04.gif[/img] I ordered the Steeda 'economy' strut tower brace two weeks ago. It bolted on w/ no headaches at all. Lots of clearance in between the bottom of the hood and the top of the intake manifold. I ordered it being well aware of the headaches some folks had w/ these several months ago. The current production Steeda strut tower braces for the V6 are bolt on w/ no problems. I also asked Steeda about difficulties with this part specifically because of the headaches that folks have posted in these forums. I was assured this was a bolt on part & I was advised that many folks have gone to Steeda in Pompano Beach, FL and literally installed them right in the Steeda parking lot before driving off. My experience proves this out. No headaches at all with mine.

Eric.
Did you notice any significant improvement in handling after the install? With all the rigidity built into the body I can`t believe a V6 would notice any. Any one got any technical info on strut tower movement without a brace?