V6 Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang V6 Performance and Technical Information

S197 V6 "Disco Potatos" Twin Turbo Project!

Search this Thread

Old 5/20/07, 05:09 PM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
*bump*
Old 5/24/07, 02:26 PM
MSP
Banned

Hey Flapjack! These are for you!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wSRxq6byB1I

Old 5/24/07, 02:45 PM
MSP
Banned

Here is another one Flapjack!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nFx6X_Jtxz0
Old 5/24/07, 03:35 PM
Bullitt Member

man MSP wish i could hear it alittle bit better, but glad to see everything up and running.. have yhou been following my post on the collective of project secert six.. ive been ading pics .. pg 1 and page 8 has pics of the new built engine
Old 5/24/07, 03:36 PM
Bullitt Member

was it this week for the dyno #'s or what was it next.. hopefully i have something to provide for the curious ones ext week or the following..

SHouldnt you of gone with a bigger intercooler?
Old 5/24/07, 04:04 PM
MSP
Banned

Originally Posted by armycook1981
was it this week for the dyno #'s or what was it next.. hopefully i have something to provide for the curious ones ext week or the following..

SHouldnt you of gone with a bigger intercooler?
Whats up Army! Probably next week.. Still dialing in a safe tune...

In regards to the intercooler, its good for 20psi of hot boost... It will flow 700CFM... Which is alot more than I plan on running through it..

Its also 3.5in thick.. Not 3in thick.. Its the thinkness which counts.. Its a fat little intercooler.. Bigger is not always better my good friend..
Old 5/24/07, 04:12 PM
Bullitt Member

Awesome, Mike. You're gonna get that thing tuned on the dyno, right?

Any idea what dyno you'll use? The SuperFlow is great for tuning, but I'd love to see some DynoJet numbers, too.
Old 5/24/07, 04:23 PM
MSP
Banned

Originally Posted by flapjack
Awesome, Mike. You're gonna get that thing tuned on the dyno, right?

Any idea what dyno you'll use? The SuperFlow is great for tuning, but I'd love to see some DynoJet numbers, too.
I am going to tune it for the first dyno myself.. This way, you can expect higher numbers when the professional tune goes in..

Since I am a Diablo PredatorSport user, I only have 2 options for custom tuning available to me locally... One in San Leandro, and one in san Francisco..

My philosphy on dyno tuning consist of a written agreement that if the tuner pops your motor, its not his fault..

I disagree with that philosophy, and thus will most likley by a Sniper Tuning package and do it myself...

I have very little faith in others in regards to my car.. If I pop the motor, its ok.. But I'll be **** if some tuner I dont know pops it, and request me to somehow remove it from his dyno so the next paying customer can use it..

So I am more inclined to do it myself and live with the results Flapjack.. I am still debating it...

If I could get someone like Bamachips or VMP to tune it then I wouldnt mind.. However, I dont have access to those guys.. So I must learn and do it myself.. If there is a lesson to be learned, perhaps someday I will learn it.. However, it will be on my own terms...

@Armycook1981

Saftey is much more important than trying to impress the commuity.. It will meet the dyno, when I deem it safe enough for it to make a couple of pulls.. I'm getting close...
Old 5/24/07, 08:12 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by MSP
Its also 3.5in thick.. Not 3in thick.. Its the thinkness which counts.. Its a fat little... Bigger is not always better my good friend.. (quote was edited by me)
look MSP if you have issues in that area getting blown 2x doesnt compensate LOL ...LOL j/k man
Yeah the 2 core i/c with the procharger is good to an XXX amount and the 3 core for about 1k more is good for higher but to reach that amount you would need to bee in 500's I believe...

I believe there one car that has to get a bigger i/c due to heated temps at the cars power level. already so i know for me I have to make sure the i/c is sized correctly at the time of my purchase.
Old 5/24/07, 08:22 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by MSP
If I could get someone like Bamachips or VMP to tune it then I wouldnt mind.. However, I dont have access to those guys..

@Armycook1981

Saftey is much more important than trying to impress the commuity.. It will meet the dyno, when I deem it safe enough for it to make a couple of pulls.. I'm getting close...
MSP-

Man Iv drove out to VMP in florida 16 hrs for a tune -
I just had it trailored to GA to get the engine installed and will hit up BAMA or VMP to do the more performance tune on it

You gotta do what you gotta do.. Maybe you can say rent a local dyno and have one of the tuners asst you over the phone for tuning it... I think thats what flap did with RPMOUTLET.. he did pulled emailed the results and rapidly got the tune file from RPM and he did that till everything was correct.

Me i like to be there as my nerves go crazy hoping the motor doesnt blow .. But You get what you pay for and if your not aware of some areas.. like say why your cars hitting the rev limiter and cant find out why and spend an hour trying to figure it.. with the answer being the stock limiter due to the driveshaft crapout @115 or something. Yes thats what happend on my last dyno.. the tuner couldnt figure out why the car was hitting the rev @ 5100.....

Well you be trying to market this kit on your own basis?
Old 5/24/07, 08:25 PM
Bullitt Member

did i miss the pics close up engine bay ? were you can see the turbo up close and pipes and so forth
Old 5/27/07, 06:19 PM
MSP
Banned

More video's

These are a some more videos.. The pulls are from 2nd to 3rd gear, ending at roughly 85-90MPH...

I couldnt get crazy because I had to hold the camera with the left hand and shift and steer with the right hand..

In one video you can hear the wastegates open up.. You must listen closely over the outside air...

Also in one video, you can see 2nd gear hit 6psi..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ERfouW2ni8c

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BtDiORUFJRM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WXAXw5Rlw_M

Sorry for the poor audi quality.. Its the best I can do safely...

Video A is the one with the Wastegates sound in it...

The last video I think has the sound of the turbo's... Just watch them all and listen and try and read the gauges..

One video shows the A/F drop to 11.2-5...
Old 5/28/07, 01:12 AM
FR500 Member

got kinda dizzy watching the vids... was there a way to mount the camera somewhere in the interior? y'know, for future ride along vids? anyway, seems like the car wants to go! go! go!
Old 5/28/07, 07:07 AM
Cobra Member

You need to get a sticky pod!!! www.stickypod.com
Old 5/28/07, 12:11 PM
MSP
Banned

Originally Posted by Mustangfreak
You need to get a sticky pod!!! www.stickypod.com

Thanks man! Those look pretty good!!

I'll check'em out and see which would work best...
Old 5/29/07, 08:38 AM
Bullitt Member

**** i gotta wait till i get back home to watch the freakkers.. LOL... so your actually driving it in them ... great.